+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

sheyda

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 June 2012
AOR Received.
27 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
27 Aug 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012
Passport Req..
15 Jan 2013
Galip said:
Yes. Now Ankara's processing time is 15 months. :(

Ankara was one of the fastest visa office overall but now it's not. Damacus Visa Office is closed and everything is sent to Ankara.

I still believe Turkish citizens applications are processed faster than other countries.
:( hope so

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
15 months :( I hope this is just an effect of file transfers. I don't think they have enough processed files yet from the transfer in the last 3 months. It seems that they are bringing the statistics of those transfered files to Ankara's statistics as well. So I tend to agree with Güzelyol that this is just the blackbox effect, and not accurate statistics at the moment.

If this is really the case and they have indeed transfered the relavent staff from Damascus as well the files, then the processing time shouldn't really increase from 6 to 15. But it all remains to be seen.

We're really shocked at the moment :( But let's hope for the best. Good luck everyone!

voccabird

May 16, 2012
We just got approval today. Overall it'll take just over 3 months from sending the pacakge to Mississauga Case Centre until the visa issued.

Application sent on June 8th, 2012
Sponsorship was approved on August 8th, 2012 (I never received email, they filed my email wrong)
They started review applicant file on August 30, 2012 in Ankara.
My wife got the call yesterday September 10th, 2012 with approval.

A few things to mention. We are both Turkish. We got married in Canada in February 2012, when my wife was visiting me and she was on tourist visa. We sent a full package including medicals done in Mississauga and all supporting documents. She went back to Turkey in order not to stay over 6 months/ We did not want her to stay here on expired visa. Boy, that was quick; I'm very glad we did not apply "Inside Canada".

I wish everybody in the thread to come together with their loved ones as soon as possible.

Ankara rocks !

Reactions: sebishh

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
voccabird said:
We just got approval today. Overall it'll take just over 3 months from sending the pacakge to Mississauga Case Centre until the visa issued.

Application sent on June 8th, 2012
Sponsorship was approved on August 8th, 2012 (I never received email, they filed my email wrong)
They started review applicant file on August 30, 2012 in Ankara.
My wife got the call yesterday September 10th, 2012 with approval.

A few things to mention. We are both Turkish. We got married in Canada in February 2012, when my wife was visiting me and she was on tourist visa. We sent a full package including medicals done in Mississauga and all supporting documents. She went back to Turkey in order not to stay over 6 months/ We did not want her to stay here on expired visa. Boy, that was quick; I'm very glad we did not apply "Inside Canada".

I wish everybody in the thread to come together with their loved ones as soon as possible.

Ankara rocks !
Hey hey hey :) Congrats, big time! So happy to see a quick case from Ankara right after the numbers jumped to 15 months! My husband is from Georgia, and our case was received in Ankara 4 weeks before you. May I ask what yours and your wife's eCAS was showing during the process and what it is showing now?

Congrats again! Have a great life together in Canada. All the best :)

voccabird

May 16, 2012
BCgirl2012 said:
Hey hey hey :) Congrats, big time! So happy to see a quick case from Ankara right after the numbers jumped to 15 months! My husband is from Georgia, and our case was received in Ankara 4 weeks before you. May I ask what yours and your wife's eCAS was showing during the process and what it is showing now?

Congrats again! Have a great life together in Canada. All the best :)
Currently it still shows as In Process and details telling that they started processing my wife's application on August 30, 2012. Nothing changed over there. I am expecting it will change very soon to Approved maybe after they receive her passport.

Our process was very quick, maybe you remember Sponsorhip process went down from 86 days to 66 days. All of a sudden I saw my sponsorhip application was approved and file sent to Ankara. Then they started to processing her file.

I have to say it reminded me my own skilled immigrant status 12 years ago, I received medicals after 4 months, when people were waiting years. I always bought Lottomax , but my luck did not help me over there :)

Anyway, all families come together very soon, waiting loved ones is tough.

Keep your chin up !

mehdiR

Jan 3, 2012
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I assume your PPR is going to be done quick, as it takes a lot less time to do background checks for turkish citizens, best of luck and visit other Ankara members in Damascus thread from 2009 .

slm.tbt

Star Member
May 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
voccabird said:
Currently it still shows as In Process and details telling that they started processing my wife's application on August 30, 2012. Nothing changed over there. I am expecting it will change very soon to Approved maybe after they receive her passport.

Our process was very quick, maybe you remember Sponsorhip process went down from 86 days to 66 days. All of a sudden I saw my sponsorhip application was approved and file sent to Ankara. Then they started to processing her file.

I have to say it reminded me my own skilled immigrant status 12 years ago, I received medicals after 4 months, when people were waiting years. I always bought Lottomax , but my luck did not help me over there :)

Anyway, all families come together very soon, waiting loved ones is tough.

Keep your chin up !
voccabird it seems that ECAS updates on Thursdays. Although you don't care any more, can you please check ECAS on Wednesday and Thursday and see if it changes from to In-Process to Decision Made?

Congrats for your PPR :) Enjoy the reunion :)

voccabird

May 16, 2012
It seems there is no update on eCAS, still has In Process (Medicals received). We have sent the passport on September 11th and waiting visa to be issued. I'll keep you updated once we receive it.

Take Care !

voccabird

May 16, 2012
My wife has received her passport today with the visa issued. eCAS still says In Process. No update there :)

Hope everybody will reunion very soon.

Take care guys !

slm.tbt

Star Member
May 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
voccabird said:
My wife has received her passport today with the visa issued. eCAS still says In Process. No update there :)

Hope everybody will reunion very soon.

Take care guys !
Very good to hear it :) I'm longing for the reunion :)

Also thanks for checking your ecas, even though you don't really need to

voccabird

May 16, 2012
Still checking the updates.

Today it changed to "Decision Made". It says "A decision has been made on .............application. The office will contact............concerning this decision." It has been almost 10 days since they asked passport and 4 business days since passport was returned with the visa.

Although they are quick with decisioning, web updates take a while.

Well, no complaints on my side.

I'll also let you know, when it will turn to "Approved", just to give you an idea about the timing.

Good luck everybody !

slm.tbt

Star Member
May 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
voccabird said:

Today it changed to "Decision Made". It says "A decision has been made on .............application. The office will contact............concerning this decision." It has been almost 10 days since they asked passport and 4 business days since passport was returned with the visa.

I'll also let you know, when it will turn to "Approved", just to give you an idea about the timing.

Good luck everybody !
Thanks Voccabird. They don't seem so quick with making decisions though lol. From what you suggest, it's just useless to hope ECAS will provide any "news", as they update it like once in few weeks! I also updated my address a couple of weeks ago, and it's not reflected on my ECAS page (I know the VO should be separately informed about the address change, but I just did it on ECAS to see how quick it updates).

Good luck with your stay in Canada and enjoy the reunion!

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
voccabird said:

Good luck everybody !
Thanks for the update :) I'm not sure if it will change to "approved"? I thought decision made was the last one? Maybe they do one last update after the applicant lands.
Honestly, I've heard a lot about how eCAS is not an indication, but I keep checking it anyway :):) After all, it's the only way to know if something is happening. I also ordered the notes last month. Seems they received our file at the end of July. Around 3 weeks or so after I got approved to sponsor. I just wanted to make sure they actually have our file in Ankara, which based on the notes, they fortunately have it in the right visa office.
I really hope all of us will get over this period soon. I really miss my husband, and really really dislike this long distance. As much as I'm grateful for technology, I sometimes feel I really dislike Skype :D

voccabird, congrats once more on the visa. Wishing you both a wonderful life together in Canada.

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
two questions:
1. How you accessed the ECAS if you did not receive the AOR with your case number?
2. What confuses me is that they request the passport as the receive the apps from Mississauga. WHy they don't request passports right before issuing the visa? Can be such thing: they request passport, we send it and they process the case 10 months, and we can't use the passport as it is with them?

Thanks!

voccabird said:

Good luck everybody !

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
Godzilla9 said:
two questions:
1. How you accessed the ECAS if you did not receive the AOR with your case number?
2. What confuses me is that they request the passport as the receive the apps from Mississauga. WHy they don't request passports right before issuing the visa? Can be such thing: they request passport, we send it and they process the case 10 months, and we can't use the passport as it is with them?

Thanks!
From his post I understand that Ankara VO requested the passport right before visa issuance, and they were really fast with it. I hope we will all have a smooth process like this :)