+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

alish

May 1, 2012
http://tinyurl.com/76xr8cz
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
08/09/2012
Med's Done....
01-03-2012
Passport Req..
02-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-11/12-2013
LANDED..........
LANDED!!!!!! 02/25/13
OMG what a lucky family :)

hopefully Ankara will be like this for everyone!!
Galip said:
That was the applicant's timeline:

Visa Office: Ankara
Application Filed: sent March 16th / received March 19th
AOR Received: June 22nd
File Transfer/Sponsor Approval: June 27th
Passport Requested: July 11th
Visa Received: July 18th!!!

Galip

May 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alish said:
OMG what a lucky family :)

hopefully Ankara will be like this for everyone!!
Yes.. It took only 4 months to finish the whole process..

Ankara V.O is really fast. But it's obvious that they favour Turkish Citizens more than others.

My friend's father who is a Turkish citizen applied for a tourist visa they issued him 10 years Multiple Visa, I haven't seen this 10 years visas before. Moreover they sent the visa in 24 hours by their courier.

alish

May 1, 2012
http://tinyurl.com/76xr8cz
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
08/09/2012
Med's Done....
01-03-2012
Passport Req..
02-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-11/12-2013
LANDED..........
LANDED!!!!!! 02/25/13
oh wow....that is quick...

i wish they didnt favor people... everyone should be treated the same...

hopefully this will change..

hopeing for the best and wishing for the best for all applicants especially Anaka VO so they dont favor anyone ;) :)

Galip said:
Yes.. It took only 4 months to finish the whole process..

Ankara V.O is really fast. But it's obvious that they favour Turkish Citizens more than others.

My friend's father who is Turkish citizen applied a tourist visa they issued him 10 years Multiple Visa, I haven't seen this 10 years visas before. Moreover they sent the visa in 24 hours by their courier.

Galip

May 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alish said:
oh wow....that is quick...

i wish they didnt favor people... everyone should be treated the same...

hopefully this will change..

hopeing for the best and wishing for the best for all applicants especially Anaka VO so they dont favor anyone ;) :)
The problem is the background check for others. If you are Turkish it goes too fast but if you are from another country it takes at least 3-4 weeks more.

Turkish Police Certificates are available in 2 minutes for Turkish Citizens and the cost is less than 3 dollars. The consulates and embasies also use the same screening system and they reach their data in 2 minutes. That's why Ankara is too fast for Turkish Citizens.

The world is changing and technology is everywhere. However it still takes 4 weeks to get a document from FBI, it's terrible.

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
I wish Ankara would issue AORs. Maybe they do. I don't know what their procedure is. Whatever it is, I hope we all get through ASAP :)

Galip, Georgia also issues Background checks very quickly. Almost instantly, but I'm not sure how it works for an embassy from outside their country.

Keeping fingers crossed for all of us!

Galip

May 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BCgirl2012 said:
I wish Ankara would issue AORs. Maybe they do. I don't know what their procedure is. Whatever it is, I hope we all get through ASAP :)

Galip, Georgia also issues Background checks very quickly. Almost instantly, but I'm not sure how it works for an embassy from outside their country.

Keeping fingers crossed for all of us!
They don't issue AOR they only send passport request letter. However if the case is complicated than they send additional letters such as interview letter, second medicals, ask original documents, ask additional documents, etc.

For background check of a foreign applicant they send diplomatic request to the applicant's authorities. That's why the process takes longer for some applicants especially people from Middle East. I have no idea for Georgia but I guess it won't be too much time delay.

They issue 80% of spousal PR visas in 6 months, compare to other V.O's it's really very fast.

Keeping fingers and toes crossed for all of us :)

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
Galip said:
They don't issue AOR they only send passport request letter. However if the case is complicated than they send additional letters such as interview letter, second medicals, ask original documents, ask additional documents, etc.

For background check of a foreign applicant they send diplomatic request to the applicant's authorities. That's why the process takes longer for some applicants especially people from Middle East. I have no idea for Georgia but I guess it won't be too much time delay.

They issue 80% of spousal PR visas in 6 months, compare to other V.O's it's really very fast.

Keeping fingers and toes crossed for all of us :)
Yup, I agree. It's a very fast office!
Do they really ask for background checks from the applicant's country? Then I wonder why they ask us to obtain and submit one to begin with! But on second thought, as long as they are fast, we will provide any document they ask :D

Galip

May 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BCgirl2012 said:
Yup, I agree. It's a very fast office!
Do they really ask for background checks from the applicant's country? Then I wonder why they ask us to obtain and submit one to begin with! But on second thought, as long as they are fast, we will provide any document they ask :D
They ask every applicant to declare which countries they have lived more than 6 months. They also ask to submit police certificates from those countries. But they also double check everything with using their own sources. They have to double check because some applicants submit fake documents to them.

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
Galip said:
They ask every applicant to declare which countries they have lived more than 6 months. They also ask to submit police certificates from those countries. But they also double check everything with using their own sources. They have to double check because some applicants submit fake documents to them.
Well, it makes sense. Hopefully, their channels are fast. slm.tbt was mentioning in the other thread that they have now changed to "In Process". Their file transfer was on July 5th.

pezh

Aug 4, 2012
hello everyone, the file for my wife was sent to damascus on july 7th 2011 and was transfered to ankara in january along with other files of iranians. it has been 13 months now and just recently my status was updated on june 6th 2012 to "in process"and says we started processing your application and after that it says "medical results have been received". since then i havent had an update its been 2 months but apparently my file was received on march 23rd in ankara and has been 5 months . so do i expect to here something within this month?
please anyone with experience help!!!!!

mehdiR

Jan 3, 2012
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Pezh
I believe you will hear from them soon , at least that's the trend, a few people who applied in july2011, have already gotten their passport request , so count down and pray

you could find their information in the Damascus thread ,
best of luck

sheyda

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 June 2012
AOR Received.
27 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
27 Aug 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012
Passport Req..
15 Jan 2013
hello everyone

gc.cic was update 20 Aug and they changed 6 months to 15 months !!!!
anyone has any idea why the number is this ? :(
I'm so worried and disappointed

Güzelyol

Aug 24, 2012
sheyda said:
hello everyone

I would not worry too much about these 15 months. All files from Damascus were transferred to Ankara earlier this year, as well as their staff. Damascus' files were already seriously late, so the past delays from Damascus probably affect current Ankara's statistics.

Galip

May 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sheyda said:
hello everyone

Yes. Now Ankara's processing time is 15 months. :(

Ankara was one of the fastest visa office overall but now it's not. Damacus Visa Office is closed and everything is sent to Ankara.

I still believe Turkish citizens applications are processed faster than other countries.