+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Hadli

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
one reason is that there is a long period of national holidays in turkey now.
I checked the days Ankara VO is off, this week, we passed, was entirely off. they will begin from Monday.

ehsan111

Aug 27, 2018
Hi everyone,

I live in Toronto, Canada and I'm sponsoring my spouse from Iran.

The application has been sent to Ankara on July 20th, and still not heard anything.

Does anyone know what is the next step, and how long it takes?

Also also how do they communicate with us? So far I have just received emails, is it going to be emails or I should expect mails (post) as well?

Thanks

Debdeb

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
Hi everyone,

The application has been sent to Ankara on July 20th, and still not heard anything.

Also also how do they communicate with us? So far I have just received emails, is it going to be emails or I should expect mails (post) as well?

Thanks
I think it is early to worry, mine was sent to Ankara April 27 and I am still waiting. But cases are different.
Yes most of the time they use emails

sh.mo2018

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Hi everyone,

Thanks
Mine was sent to Ankara on July 11th and still no news... Do you mind sharing your timeline? like when was your application received, when did you do Medical, etc? thanks

Hadli

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Hi everyone,

Thanks
Hi,
pretty much the same here, im sponsoring my wife, living in Iran. our application was sent to Ankara on June 19th. the last update we received was they started processing our application on June 26th. Ever since then, we haven't heard a peep!

And yes, Debdeb is right, cases vary a lot. for us, the nerve racking part is the fact that we expect to receive an update any day!

Debdeb

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
Were you given any clue or useful update?

I was asking about updates on my file, this is what they replied:rolleyes:
"Please note that the average application time for processing is 12 months and your file is within time period. Our office will contact you once your file reached the next steps and/or if any additional documents are required "

Reactions: Hadli

Hadli

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
I was asking about updates on my file, this is what they replied:rolleyes:
"Please note that the average application time for processing is 12 months and your file is within time period. Our office will contact you once your file reached the next steps and/or if any additional documents are required "
extremely slow, or it feels extremely slow for us

sh.mo2018

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
So I needed to update my address (recently moved to a new place) and after sending an email to Ankara VO, they sent an auto reply letting me know that "they are currently experiencing a high volume of calls and emails and can't reply to any of them".

Long story short, I contacted my MP to ask for help. He called the CIC representative and this is what they told him:

When I spoke with IRCC (CIC) they confirmed that your contact details had been updated in their system, specifically your new mailing address as follows: (this means they read your emails because otherwise how could they update my address?)

XXX
Montreal, Quebec

XXX

They also provided the following update in your sponsorship file:

* sponsor eligibility has passed but the CSQ instruction letter has not been sent yet (pending)

* eligibility of the husband is now in process

* medical assessments have passed and are valid to: July 11, 2019

* current average processing times are: 12 months

* your file was received in May 2018

Reactions: Hadli

ehsan111

Aug 27, 2018
Mine was sent to Ankara on July 11th and still no news... Do you mind sharing your timeline? like when was your application received, when did you do Medical, etc? thanks
Hey,

Thanks for the reply!

- I mailed the application on May30
- I got the "Application received" email on July 7th
- We got the medical examination request on July 13th
- July 17th received an email that you have met requirements for eligibility as a sponsor
- July 20th received an email saying that your documents has been sent to Ankara

No emails or any communication after July 20th.

Please anyone with similar timeline has any updates please share!

Thanks