+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Hadli

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Hello all,
I would like to share an update with you all,
I received an email today inviting my wife to an interview at Canadian embassy in Ankara, Turkey.
The interview is at the end of next month, we have decided to stay positive and relaxed. I hope everything will go smoothly for every one of us waiting to reunify.

wb1029

Apr 14, 2018
Hello all,
I received an email today inviting my wife to an interview at Canadian embassy in Ankara, Turkey.
The interview is at the end of next month, we have decided to stay positive and relaxed. I hope everything will go smoothly for every one of us waiting to reunify.
My husband and I (sponsor) got an email from Ankara regarding an interview today too! It got me a little worried, but based on previous posts on this thread, I'm thinking interviews are more common than I previously thought. Ours was scheduled for early October, but we sent a reply stating that we will not be able to get documents requested together by then, and asked for a later interview date. They asked for more police checks from other countries he has lived in, so the process to obtain that takes a bit longer. Let's see when they get back to us with an alternative...

We should keep each other posted, for ease of mind :)

Reactions: Debdeb and Zita

Hadli

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
My husband and I (sponsor) got an email from Ankara regarding an interview today too! It got me a little worried, but based on previous posts on this thread, I'm thinking interviews are more common than I previously thought. Ours was scheduled for early October, but we sent a reply stating that we will not be able to get documents requested together by then, and asked for a later interview date. They asked for more police checks from other countries he has lived in, so the process to obtain that takes a bit longer. Let's see when they get back to us with an alternative...

First, another friend of mine was also contacted in order to provide more evidence to show their marriage is genuine. from where I stand, I figure that interviews are becoming more common and I agree with you. we are also required to provide more ongoing contacts, photos and generally anything in support of our marriage.
second, I am pretty sure these requests from the embassy are basically for them to ensure that this marriage was not done solely to gain PR status.
Finally, I usually put on some updates here and for sure I will continue to do so. I would appreciate it if others could o the same as well.

Best of luck to all of us

Reactions: wb1029 and Debdeb

Zita

Jul 10, 2018
Hi everyone,
My husband received a call today and he was told that they will call him next month for interview
Hope they will!! It's a good news but I am a bit afraid of the interview part. Strange that in the GCKey account still saying no interview required
Background and police check not started yet, still reviewing the eligibility
Confusing
Congratulation!! :)

Reactions: Debdeb

Zita

Jul 10, 2018
hi guys
just wanted to share something with you
today, after more than 2 weeks since I called my local MP, I received an email from my them saying the updates we already knew through online services tool. However, the only uplifting part of the email, which was also new to us, was the fact that they had stated that they would soon start background check! still! we don't know what they approximately mean by "soon".
Gongrats!! Happy for you

Reactions: Hadli

Debdeb

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
Hello all,
That's a good news, congrats!! I hope it will be fine keep faith

Reactions: Hadli

Debdeb

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017

Congrats to you too, good luck!!

Reactions: wb1029

Aref.P

Jun 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa / Sydney
App. Filed.......
2016-11-01
AOR Received.
2017-02-12
Med's Done....
2017-03-011
Passport Req..
2018-02-23
Any news?
it has been a long time that nothing has moved! nothing from CPC or Ankara.
I hope someone here has heard any news lately.

Aref.P

Jun 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa / Sydney
App. Filed.......
2016-11-01
AOR Received.
2017-02-12
Med's Done....
2017-03-011
Passport Req..
2018-02-23
I just read in an Iranian forum that five days ego 5 people had interview in Ankara and 4 of them got the visa right away! The one who couldn't get the visa (the writer of that post) said there was a problem with her documents which was her lawyer's fault.
Anyways that's a good news for those who have interview in Ankara!
@wb1029, and @Hadli waiting for your good news here!

Hadli

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
I just read in an Iranian forum that five days ego 5 people had interview in Ankara and 4 of them got the visa right away! The one who couldn't get the visa (the writer of that post) said there was a problem with her documents which was her lawyer's fault.
yes I saw that too.
hopefully everything will work out successfully for everyone
my wife's interview is scheduled for late October
I will let you guys know

sh.mo2018

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Hello all,
Congrts!!!!!

sh.mo2018

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Could you please share the link to that thread??? Thanks...

Aref.P

Jun 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa / Sydney
App. Filed.......
2016-11-01
AOR Received.
2017-02-12
Med's Done....
2017-03-011