+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Hadli

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
mine is quite similar, and in fact cases here are more or less the same
my wife's application was forwarded to Ankara on June 19. Since then, we have received no update.

there could be a few reasons, one thing is that Turkey has had many national holidays within this timeframe we have passed, another thing is that the number of applications they receive is huge. also, Ankara is responsible for 4 or 5 neighboring countries!

hopefully there will be some updates from them in September.

Reactions: Aref.P

Hadli

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Due date: a specific date that you are asked to finish and submit a file.

Deadline: the last day you can submit a file or never. ( You might be able to change the deadline only if there is a good reason with an explanation but not guaranteed)
Sorry, did you hear anything from Ankara by any chance please?

Hadli

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
I'm also in a similar situation. I'm sponsoring my husband from Iran, and his application was sent to Ankara VO on May 18... I haven't heard anything yet. Getting anxious since I see a lot of others on this thread who applied in March, and have already gotten pre-arrival.

When did you initially submit the application? in March?
Sorry, did you receive any update from Turkey please?

Zita

Jul 10, 2018
Sorry, did you receive any update from Turkey please?
Unfortunately, i did not receive any response from Ankara yet except one letter asking for a marriage certificate (There was a misunderstanding in the document) and it was sent again on July 18th. Just WAITING !!!

Reactions: Hadli

Aref.P

Jun 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa / Sydney
App. Filed.......
2016-11-01
AOR Received.
2017-02-12
Med's Done....
2017-03-011
Passport Req..
2018-02-23
mine is quite similar, and in fact cases here are more or less the same
my wife's application was forwarded to Ankara on June 19. Since then, we have received no update.

there could be a few reasons, one thing is that Turkey has had many national holidays within this timeframe we have passed, another thing is that the number of applications they receive is huge. also, Ankara is responsible for 4 or 5 neighboring countries!

hopefully there will be some updates from them in September.
My application was received 2 days ego (30th of July.) in Sydney, so I have just entered the game! But I've heard of backlogs in the past couple of month which scares me...
However in addition to what you said for delays in Ankara, it might be because of student visa application which are needed to be done for the new semester. So from now on, hopefully there is a speed up in processing time since the semester is starting and the holidays are almost over. (Keep fingers crossed!! ;))

Last edited:
Reactions: Hadli

Hadli

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Unfortunately, i did not receive any response from Ankara yet except one letter asking for a marriage certificate (There was a misunderstanding in the document) and it was sent again on July 18th. Just WAITING !!!
thank you for your response

Hadli

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
My application was received 2 days ego (30th of July.) in Sydney, so I have just entered the game! But I've heard of backlogs in the past couple of month which scares me...
However in addition to what you said for delays in Ankara, it might be because of student visa application which are needed to be done for the new semester. So from now on, hopefully there is a speed up in processing time since the semester is starting and the holidays are almost over. (Keep fingers crossed!! ;))
true, good point
we hope so too

Debdeb

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
I have also not heard from the Ankara office ever since we got an email saying it was transferred there (May 4)... I ordered GCMS notes, since I'm getting anxious now.
Close to mine, my file was transferred to Ankara April 27. I ordered GCMS note too it is now 4 weeks I am expecting them soon

Hadli

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
hi guys
just wanted to share something with you
today, after more than 2 weeks since I called my local MP, I received an email from my them saying the updates we already knew through online services tool. However, the only uplifting part of the email, which was also new to us, was the fact that they had stated that they would soon start background check! still! we don't know what they approximately mean by "soon".

Reactions: sh.mo2018

Debdeb

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
hi guys
just wanted to share something with you
today, after more than 2 weeks since I called my local MP, I received an email from my them saying the updates we already knew through online services tool. However, the only uplifting part of the email, which was also new to us, was the fact that they had stated that they would soon start background check! still! we don't know what they approximately mean by "soon".
Thanks for the update, and we are still waiting
Good luck to us

Debdeb

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
Hi everyone,
My husband received a call today and he was told that they will call him next month for interview
Hope they will!! It's a good news but I am a bit afraid of the interview part. Strange that in the GCKey account still saying no interview required
Background and police check not started yet, still reviewing the eligibility
Confusing

Hadli

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Hi everyone,
My husband received a call today and he was told that they will call him next month for interview
Hope they will!! It's a good news but I am a bit afraid of the interview part. Strange that in the GCKey account still saying no interview required
Background and police check not started yet, still reviewing the eligibility
Confusing
Hi, and thanks for sharing
I don't think anybody likes the sound of interview, but it's just to make sure marriage is genuine, which is, nothing to worry about.
I have also gotten the feeling that not everything is updated on the online account.
good luck to you

Debdeb

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
Hi, and thanks for sharing
I don't think anybody likes the sound of interview, but it's just to make sure marriage is genuine, which is, nothing to worry about.
I have also gotten the feeling that not everything is updated on the online account.
good luck to you
You welcome
You are right about updates,,,
Thanks good luck to you too