+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Almost 1 year since I applied for citizenship.....

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
As much as I would like to do the same, the reality is you have no case here, 12-month processing time is not a contract that they must legally follow, it’s only a targeted time frame - it’s basically the same as investment advisor’s target annual return of 10% or whatever , that’s just a target, not a promise
The online processing time is based on how long it took to process 80% of PASSED COMPLETED applications. Not future applications to be processed. In other words it is not even a target. If in event that the processing time line jumped up, it doesn't necessarily means your time line will jump accordingly. Your application could take less than a year.

wajiha124

Sep 11, 2018
HELLO All,

Im in the same boat. Here's my timeline
ROA June 16, 2017
In Process July 28, 2017

And no update since then.
I've called and they say nothing is wrong you just have to wait.
Its really frustrating.

My question is that I'm married now. Should i inform them about my change of status ? Or let them continue the process.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
HELLO All,

ROA June 16, 2017
In Process July 28, 2017

Its really frustrating.

My question is that I'm married now. Should i inform them about my change of status ? Or let them continue the process.
Being married is not relevant to your citizenship application so you don't need to notify them. If it came up in your interview somehow, of course be truthful.

Ottawan

Nov 11, 2011
HELLO All,

ROA June 16, 2017
In Process July 28, 2017

Its really frustrating.

WOW, June 2017? That's insane. Did they tell you if your background check is done? Did you order GCMS notes yet?

wajiha124

Sep 11, 2018
WOW, June 2017? That's insane. Did they tell you if your background check is done? Did you order GCMS notes yet?
I called them again today. They said that everything is fine from your end. It's just taking time and I can't tell how much more you have to wait. But you just have to wait for your test date.

GCMS ?

dmn1363

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
I contacted the local citizenship office and this is what they responded:
"We are waiting for one of your clearances to be passed by one of our external partners. Unfortunately we do not have an estimate with regards to how long this will take as it is out of our control"
So, 12 months is not written in stone I assume.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
"We are waiting for one of your clearances to be passed by one of our external partners. Unfortunately we do not have an estimate with regards to how long this will take as it is out of our control"
How did you get the contact info of your local office?

Ottawan

Nov 11, 2011
Seems like CSIS clearance is pending.