+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Almost 1 year since I applied for citizenship.....

nick677

Star Member
Jun 1, 2018
Hi All,

I am writing to this forum to seek some advice from all of you.

I applied for my citizenship grant in September 2017 ( under old rules ) and received a confirmation about the same in October 2017 with the processing having started from November 2017 but after that I have received no communication from CIC regarding my test date.

My follow ups with CIC have been regular and they have told me that the file is in order and they are processing it at the Mississauga location. I spoke with them about 4 months ago for the first time and they said that my application was within the time processing time period and then when I spoke a couple of months ago I was told the same thing with a caveat that 80 per cent of the applications are completed in that time period whereas 20 per cent take longer.

It has not been almost an year now that I have applied for my citizenship grant application and the status seems to be "In Process" all this while.

I had posted on this forum earlier as well and people had asked me to seek out my GCMS notes which I did.
My GCMS report notes are all fine as well.

I am at my wit's end regarding what to do as I have tried to follow the processes and given all the documentation from my end.

I want to apply for federal jobs that I am pretty much qualified for but I need to be a citizen to be able to apply for those which is why I am getting frustrated day by day.

Any suggestions / advice ?

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Did you talk to your MP about this? They might get more info on your behave.

Hi All,

I am writing to this forum to seek some advice from all of you.

I applied for my citizenship grant in September 2017 ( under old rules ) and received a confirmation about the same in October 2017 with the processing having started from November 2017 but after that I have received no communication from CIC regarding my test date.

My follow ups with CIC have been regular and they have told me that the file is in order and they are processing it at the Mississauga location. I spoke with them about 4 months ago for the first time and they said that my application was within the time processing time period and then when I spoke a couple of months ago I was told the same thing with a caveat that 80 per cent of the applications are completed in that time period whereas 20 per cent take longer.

It has not been almost an year now that I have applied for my citizenship grant application and the status seems to be "In Process" all this while.

I had posted on this forum earlier as well and people had asked me to seek out my GCMS notes which I did.
My GCMS report notes are all fine as well.

I am at my wit's end regarding what to do as I have tried to follow the processes and given all the documentation from my end.

I want to apply for federal jobs that I am pretty much qualified for but I need to be a citizen to be able to apply for those which is why I am getting frustrated day by day.

Any suggestions / advice ?

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Hi there,

Yes I did but never heard back from him.
I haven't contacted any MP myself, but from what I've seen on this forum, people contacted their MP and at least IRCC gave some explanation on where their application is stuck. So keep bugging your MP and IRCC. That's not likely to speed up your application, but should at least remind them not to forget your papers under some desk.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I haven't contacted any MP myself, but from what I've seen on this forum, people contacted their MP and at least IRCC gave some explanation on where their application is stuck. So keep bugging your MP and IRCC. That's not likely to speed up your application, but should at least remind them not to forget your papers under some desk.
The update I got from MP is the same as what I got from calling IRCC myself

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
The update I got from MP is the same as what I got from calling IRCC myself
I guess it depends on how hard your MP tries ;)

ecstrom

May 25, 2012
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
22-02-2014
I presume you want to apply for a CRA job...

robw

Mar 10, 2014
If it makes you feel any better, I'm in the same boat. There's probably a few of us. There really is nothing we can do right now other than hounding our MPs and calling the call centre. It's enraging, but I went through the same horseshit waiting for my PR.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
If it makes you feel any better, I'm in the same boat. There's probably a few of us. There really is nothing we can do right now other than hounding our MPs and calling the call centre. It's enraging, but I went through the same horseshit waiting for my PR.
My PR took about 10 months, and could have been just 8 if I didn’t leave a 1 month gap in the orignal application form I sent ... citizenship seems to be a much longer wait