+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Almost 1 year since I applied for citizenship.....

Mehran1

Aug 16, 2018
Just so you guys know where I'm at...

If this isn't an obvious case of an officer NOT doing their job and stalling an application unnecessarily, I don't know what is...

I'm gonna try my MP; if not, I'll escalate this to a lawyer. I just don't know what to do/think anymore.
That is web form request responce ? What did you request to send you this information ?
I am almost 13 month passed since I applied in August 2017 . I send the web form 2 weeks a go and I didn't get any responce yet .

capermanet

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
That is web form request responce ? What did you request to send you this information ?
I am almost 13 month passed since I applied in August 2017 . I send the web form 2 weeks a go and I didn't get any responce yet .
If they don’t respond and you sent a webform and your processing time passed , I think you should consider a lawyer!

Reactions: Mehran1

Mehran1

Aug 16, 2018
If they don’t respond and you sent a webform and your processing time passed , I think you should consider a lawyer!
I have a lawyer he send the webform 3 month a go and they responded we are in our process time . And 2 weeks ago he send it again and I am waiting for responce .

capermanet

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
I have a lawyer he send the webform 3 month a go and they responded we are in our process time . And 2 weeks ago he send it again and I am waiting for responce .
I just passed 11 months, I did send webform twice, same no response, iam waiting until otc 12, iam going to call them, one more time, and going to send webform aging if no news within 2-3 weeks, that’s it iam hiring the lawyer!

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I just passed 11 months, I did send webform twice, same no response, iam waiting until otc 12, iam going to call them, one more time, and going to send webform aging if no news within 2-3 weeks, that’s it iam hiring the lawyer!
As much as I would like to do the same, the reality is you have no case here, 12-month processing time is not a contract that they must legally follow, it’s only a targeted time frame - it’s basically the same as investment advisor’s target annual return of 10% or whatever , that’s just a target, not a promise

Reactions: ImageOfLight

Ottawan

Nov 11, 2011
These are gcms notes obtained through access to privacy act. You should apply for them also to see where the hold is on yours. Since it’s been over 13 months.

capermanet

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
As much as I would like to do the same, the reality is you have no case here, 12-month processing time is not a contract that they must legally follow, it’s only a targeted time frame - it’s basically the same as investment advisor’s target annual return of 10% or whatever , that’s just a target, not a promise
Are you at least on the least for citizenship test? Last time I called IC , about 2 weeks ago, call center told me, there is a note on my file, to be invited for citizenship test, that note has been on my file for 3 months now.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Are you at least on the least for citizenship test? Last time I called IC , about 2 weeks ago, call center told me, there is a note on my file, to be invited for citizenship test, that note has been on my file for 3 months now.
No, haven’t heard anything about that

Ottawan

Nov 11, 2011
A lawyer I consulted told me you can still possibly do that. Simply an administrative delay or backlogs is not a reason for them to delay your application.
In most cases a simple threat that you’re thinking about mandamusing the decision will move them to action.

Reactions: capermanet

dreamgarfield

Star Member
Sep 2, 2012
Hi my Waiting for test invite friends.
Anyone luck today ? I called today and got the same answer plus that is the fault from the office because there is nothing wrong with my application. Beside that got told " you know application can be lost but wait". I would say and assume we are all with the same team if you are processed in Scarborough. Maybe I send a Tim's gift card and they are so happy that they process the application.

Littup

Star Member
Sep 14, 2018
I almost passed the 13 month since I applied
I requested webform 2 month a go but I didn't get responses yet.
My test was in Scarborough 7 month a go.
Anyone knows what number I have to call .
Sorry to hear that. Give it a try with their call centre : +1 888-242-2100

Reactions: Mehran1

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
perhaps mail a letter to the office processing your applications ?
anyone try that?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
A lawyer I consulted told me you can still possibly do that. Simply an administrative delay or backlogs is not a reason for them to delay your application.
In most cases a simple threat that you’re thinking about mandamusing the decision will move them to action.
Of course they’d tell you that, or how else would they get you to pay them?