+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Almost 1 year since I applied for citizenship.....

Bargeld

Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
Your post is full of ASS-umptions. And you're simply being a dork if you think this falls in the category of "complaining about everything" where it falls under complaining about something that "affects everything." I wouldn't bother replying to you, however, since, it's a public forum, I do want to encourage others to hold themselves to higher standards and not stay quiet if they don't see any progress on their application. YES, even if it's under 12 months mark.
1. How is it fair for someone's application to show "in transit" for 4 months after being received? What does it even mean in this day and age?
2. It's been 11 months since I've been in the process without a test invite. No other communication from them since. When I asked for my GCMS notes in June 2018, I got a copy that was last updated on 15th December 2017?
3. Every time I call, it's the same answer. Everything looks good, and you will hear from us soon. I'm 6 weeks away from hitting 12 months, and I'm supposed to believe someone is going to take care of it just in time, and everything will be fine.
4. I don't buy any background check BS which took 7-8 months I believe. For someone who's been here 19 years. Never had any run-ins with the law and filed/paid all his taxes. How hard is it to figure it out?
I love Canada, I've given up American citizenship and chose this country instead. I personally will not stay quiet till this department of government gets their act together.
I will be lawyering up immediately if I go over 12 months mark. After I get my citizenship I will continue to get myself heard. I encourage everyone else on this forum who has similar experiences to write to the immigration minister. To his credit, I've always gotten a reply back from his office.
You gave up American citizenship before applying? If so why then? And why at all? Do you have another nationality or are you stateless until you get Canadian citizenship?

It’s right that they never guaranteed 12 months, but rather (from my useless new webform response, freshly received a couple of hours ago) “Although the estimated time may vary, rest assured that we are making the necessary efforts to process your application within established processing times.”

But the reality is: after 11 months of waiting, including “in transit” for nearly 4 months and then 3 months in local office with no change, it is hard to believe they are “making the necessary efforts” to process my application, it actually looks more like they are not making any efforts at all except telling me that they are making some imaginary efforts that nobody can see any results to prove
If you applied 11 months ago, you applied when a ton of other people applied because a swath of people who were previously ineligible (all the PR people from October 2013 - October 2014) became eligible due to C-6 coming into effect that month regarding residency obligations.

Your whole argument is that people should just shut up and not complain (or be disgusted) if their processing time exceeds one year and you're very adamant about it. Not sure if you remember when the processing time was 2 or more years, if people thought the way you think, we would've stayed that way. But people complained and the government listened and corrected this by allowing officers to make the decisions which reduced times significantly. The government here is to serve people, not the other way around. Jeez, even the most difficult bureaucrats have more compassion than you.
This is wrong. Processing times in 2015 to most of 2017 were lower (4-7 months) because of C-24 and the changes to residency requirements from 3 to 4 years. Officers making more decisions on citizenship apps came into effect with C-6 only earlier this year (delayed rule). Yet backlog is increasing anyways. Looking at the October - December 2017 times people are going 9-12+ months now from app received to oath. As another poster mentioned, there's no guarantee of an app being prior to 12 months, it's entirely based on a multitude of factors, ranging from staffing, to complexity of the application, backgrounds, and so on.

I was impatient as well when I sat there almost half my application waiting between the test and oath, but reality is, you have to be patient, regardless of how hard it is. I simply stopped looking after a while, including on these forums, and went along my daily routine until I got the invite.

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
We all apply for citizenship being very excited. We know the process takes time and we understand that but when IRCC and their website says application is process in the order receive (fake news) and we notice people who applied after us get citizenship it’s frustrating so I do understand when people vent which is their rights. I waited 7 1/2 months after test to get Oath Invite my application was simple no extra information needed I had no stamps nothing that it’s should after been sitting on someone desk for 7 1/2 months. I believe we come on this forum to get information to compare our files with other applicants to give our opinions because none of us work for IRCC not yet any way so we are only giving opinion and expressing our rights as stated in Canada Charter OF Rights and Freedom. I believe posting and expressing our self and this website is very important how else will the government knows what is going on in their office and how unorganized some office is so keep posting and expressing your frustration because if you don’t stand up for your self who will.my opinion.

FloydCan

Star Member
Nov 17, 2017
This is wrong. Processing times in 2015 to most of 2017 were lower (4-7 months) because of C-24 and the changes to residency requirements from 3 to 4 years. Officers making more decisions on citizenship apps came into effect with C-6 only earlier this year (delayed rule). Yet backlog is increasing anyways. Looking at the October - December 2017 times people are going 9-12+ months now from app received to oath. As another poster mentioned, there's no guarantee of an app being prior to 12 months, it's entirely based on a multitude of factors, ranging from staffing, to complexity of the application, backgrounds, and so on.
It's clear you have no clue what you're talking about. Officers were given the power to decide applications well before C-6 and that's why we saw the processing times improve around the time of C-24, if not earlier (don't recall when exactly). Before that, it was only the judges who made decisions which is the reason why applications took 2-3 years.

Last edited:

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
It's clear you have no clue what you're talking about. Officers were given the power to decide applications well before C-6 and that's why we saw the processing times improve around the time of C-24, if not earlier (don't recall when exactly). Before that, it was only the judges who made decisions which is the reason why applications took 2-3 years.
I was tempted to reply to that one, but then felt why bother lol....

ghatot201

Feb 8, 2013
Windsor, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
PER 08-03-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-12-2014
Med's Request
06-01-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
Canada since 2011, Landed
yep, you too?
Am guessing/hoping you guys would have your oath and citizenship together/next day like some of the folks on this forum. Hang tight.

Reactions: kushari and itsmyid

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Someone who commits a violent crime is not being unfortunate...
This is a compassionate society, we should show compassion
to the unfortunate...

robw

Mar 10, 2014
Just so you guys know where I'm at...

If this isn't an obvious case of an officer NOT doing their job and stalling an application unnecessarily, I don't know what is...

I'm gonna try my MP; if not, I'll escalate this to a lawyer. I just don't know what to do/think anymore.

sansnom

Mar 10, 2017
Just so you guys know where I'm at...

If this isn't an obvious case of an officer NOT doing their job and stalling an application unnecessarily, I don't know what is...

I'm gonna try my MP; if not, I'll escalate this to a lawyer. I just don't know what to do/think anymore.
Mine has even less update than yours, sigh... My MP told me now it takes 2-3 weeks for him to get a response from CIC/IRCC.
Just curious, how could a lawyer help in this case?

jameswood2

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
how about my case:
knowledge: passed
residence: passed
language passed
prohibition passed
criminality passed
security: blank

test done march and still IP