+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Almost 1 year since I applied for citizenship.....

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
If they want to transfer files or send documents between offices or especially third party/other ministries, then it would delay processing.
Well in my case , after 11 months still nothing going on, doesn’t seem like their strike would make any difference for me anyway .... what would it do? Make it even slower ? Lol

robw

Mar 10, 2014
I don’t see how ... Canada post is not in charge of email, right?
That's what i told myself when I was waiting for my work permit last time C-P went on strike in 2011. Ended up taking 4 months for me to get my permit...

sansnom

Mar 10, 2017
I contacted the local citizenship office and this is what they responded:
"We are waiting for one of your clearances to be passed by one of our external partners. Unfortunately we do not have an estimate with regards to how long this will take as it is out of our control"
So, 12 months is not written in stone I assume.
How did you contact the local office?

robw

Mar 10, 2014
We are at mercy of the external partner (I heard it is a private company in States performing security clearances).
I'm planning to contact my MP next month and see if he can follow up on my case.
That's what I heard today as well from my MP...the hold up is with this external partner...or at least that's who they've decided to blame.

nofrills

Jun 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
Passport Req..
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
OMG, not sure why your app taking that long. I remember filling my form by looking around your comments. Sit tight, you might get something by next year for sure.
Maybe they have an issue in their home country?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
OMG, not sure why your app taking that long. I remember filling my form by looking around your comments. Sit tight, you might get something by next year for sure.
Not sure about next year, and I actually care less and less as this drags on - used to check online status every day, now I don’t even remember when was the last time I checked