+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All those planning to apply on July 01, 2012 (all NOC's).

orange_girl

Star Member
Jul 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
Nomination.....
PER 18-10-2014
Med's Request
12-12-2014
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2015
LANDED..........
27-01-2015
simi99 said:
Hi Everyone

I need urgent advise - I had applied for Quebec skilled worker last year and got rejected due to lack of french knowledge. Now I plan to apply for federal skilled worker - will that be a problem?

Also in the form IMM0008ENU_2D, do I have to answer question # 7 about CSQ or can I leave it blank. I was planning to leave it blank coz i didn't wnat to get into the details?

Are the federal skilled worker and Quebec skilled worker connected?

Thanks,
Simi
If you are not choosing Quebec as your destination province you do not need to answer that question. If your application for Quebec skilled worker was approved then you would still have to apply for Federal Skilled worker because Quebec ministry does not issue Permanent Residency, they can only select people who qualify to come and live in Quebec. The rest is up to immigration officer in a visa office. So if you received that selection letter from Quebec you would choose province Quebec and then answer yes to the next question or no with some explanation. However, if you don't choose Quebec you leave the next question blank.

joms

Star Member
Sep 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Passport Req..
17-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2014
ragini said:
Dear members
Kindly help me with this query. My situation - I am applying in July along with my husband and baby. My problem is that my baby's passport is not yet ready ( owing to high rush in Bangalore PSK ) and it will take another 3-4 weeks. I am apprehensive to wait for one month as CAP fills really quick.
My query is....cani apply now and update baby's passport detail later or shoul I wait for her PP and then only apply. My baby is two mo the old.

Thanks
Dear Ragini,

Follow these steps and be ready for apply

1) Make all other documents perfectly except Baby's Passport.
2) Make an explanation letter regarding the baby's passport problem. Mention the documents related the passport application in this letter
3) Attach the passport application details (original / notarized copies) with the application package.

If this baby is newborn you never have any problems. At present you dont have any other options.

In canada imigration policy, if you have any explanation letter regarding any delay or absence of documents will consider you and later you need to submit when they asked.

Thanks
I think this will help you. :)

simi99

Jun 18, 2012
orange_girl said:
If you are not choosing Quebec as your destination province you do not need to answer that question. If your application for Quebec skilled worker was approved then you would still have to apply for Federal Skilled worker because Quebec ministry does not issue Permanent Residency, they can only select people who qualify to come and live in Quebec. The rest is up to immigration officer in a visa office. So if you received that selection letter from Quebec you would choose province Quebec and then answer yes to the next question or no with some explanation. However, if you don't choose Quebec you leave the next question blank.
Thank you very much for the response. I guess I can leave that question blank then.

One more thing - are the Federal skilled worker and Quebec skilled worker connected. The reason I ask is, in my quebec application I had mentioned about a previous job more than 6 years ago but I dont feel the need to mention about it in the Federal skilled worker application. I want to avoid unecessary paper work. Do you think that we will match the 2 applications or will pull up my quebec application?

Thanks and regards,
Simi

simi99

Jun 18, 2012
Dear all,

I have one other question with regards to federal skilled worker application. I am currently working in the US and wanted to check if I need to provide all 797/work visa for all jobs in the US or just for current job. I will be providing reference letters, paystubs for all previous jobs but wasn't sure if they check I-797 for all jobs held previously?

Thanks,
Simi

nirvana555

Star Member
Apr 11, 2011
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
simi99 said:
Dear all,

I have one other question with regards to federal skilled worker application. I am currently working in the US and wanted to check if I need to provide all 797/work visa for all jobs in the US or just for current job. I will be providing reference letters, paystubs for all previous jobs but wasn't sure if they check I-797 for all jobs held previously?

Thanks,
Simi
I had the same concern but I still added 797 copies. It doesn't hurt to send an extra document.

sarasan

Jun 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
outstandinguy said:
Hello everyone,

Its very urgent. Please help

Today I went to my bank in Saudi Arabia for making the demand draft however they are saying that our correspondent bank is citibank and the receiver general for canada doesnt accept demand draft from citibank.

could any body in Saudi Arabia please advise that from I can make demand draft which is acceptable by the receiver general for canada?

Many thanks.
I had my demand draft from the Saudi British Bank (SABB). It says it's payable at any branch of HSBD bank Canada. The officer at the bank assured me that it is accepted..
Hope this helps..

outstandinguy

Dec 13, 2009
sarasan said:
I had my demand draft from the Saudi British Bank (SABB). It says it's payable at any branch of HSBD bank Canada. The officer at the bank assured me that it is accepted..
Hope this helps..
I know SABB can make demand draft and it is 100% encashable. Actually I don't have account in SABB and they do not entertain if you are a non account holder. Please advise what to do. Many thanks

sarasan

Jun 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
christine san andres said:
how does the affidavit look like? i am also from saudi arabia :D
Well I had my documents translated in two batches, so I ended up with two kinds of affidavit letters.

The first reads:
Certification
[Name of translation office] for certified translation, Riyadh Saudi Arabia, which is licensed as an authorized translator into and from Arabic to English Languages by virtue of license No. --- hereby certifies that, the translation of the document/s annexed hereto which are stamped for identification only is a complete and true translation without any responsibility for the content thereof.

signature
stamp

The second reads
Affidavit
This is to certify that the translation of attached document is true translation of photocopy of document presented to us and attached to each to the best of our knowledge. Thereupon we do certify without any responsibility on content or signatures on original documents.

This is also to confirm that:
• The attached file is an accurate translation of the original document
• Date: --/--/----
• Translator: name of person
• Mob: -----------
• Email: -----------

signature
stamp

Both are printed on official letterhead and have the firm's stamp...

Guys, Do you think both will work? Some of my documents are attached to the first and some are to the second.. share your thoughts..

outstandinguy

Dec 13, 2009
sarasan said:
Well I had my documents translated in two batches, so I ended up with two kinds of affidavit letters.

The first reads:
Certification
[Name of translation office] for certified translation, Riyadh Saudi Arabia, which is licensed as an authorized translator into and from Arabic to English Languages by virtue of license No. --- hereby certifies that, the translation of the document/s annexed hereto which are stamped for identification only is a complete and true translation without any responsibility for the content thereof.

signature
stamp

The second reads
Affidavit
This is to certify that the translation of attached document is true translation of photocopy of document presented to us and attached to each to the best of our knowledge. Thereupon we do certify without any responsibility on content or signatures on original documents.

This is also to confirm that:
• The attached file is an accurate translation of the original document
• Date: --/--/----
• Translator: name of person
• Mob: -----------
• Email: -----------

signature
stamp

Both are printed on official letterhead and have the firm's stamp...

Guys, Do you think both will work? Some of my documents are attached to the first and some are to the second.. share your thoughts..
Hi Sarasan, could you please give me the address of this translator, I am also from Riyadh and I need to get my Iqama translated. Also please tell me about the Demand Draft, I don't have account in SABB and they won't make it without account.

naeemwaqas

Jun 9, 2012
Hi there once again

i have some last minute inquires regarding bank statement and bank certificate

I have obtained both my one month bank statement which is showing the whole chunk of my deposits in order to reach the required amount

and the bank certificate that says that i am a account holder from such and such date and i have this much amount in my account ..... \

now where i am confused is that which document should i send with my application ???

seniors plz reply

sarasan

Jun 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
outstandinguy said:
Hi Sarasan, could you please give me the address of this translator, I am also from Riyadh and I need to get my Iqama translated. Also please tell me about the Demand Draft, I don't have account in SABB and they won't make it without account.
Al-Salim Certified Translation
Address: Olaya Main Road crossing with Tahliah

As to the demand draft, yeah, you need to have an account there, I guess.. So why don't you consider the credit card option?

outstandinguy

Dec 13, 2009
sarasan said:
Al-Salim Certified Translation
Address: Olaya Main Road crossing with Tahliah

As to the demand draft, yeah, you need to have an account there, I guess.. So why don't you consider the credit card option?
Thanks for the address.

Actually I am afraid that if anything goes wrong and my credit card declines or authorization declines then you know...

I don't know why they do not accept from Samba or any other bank.

Any other option.......?

drpcbaba

Jan 8, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
soon (July 2012)
LANDED..........
let the application land first
rao1122 said:
Our translator said that 'NOTARIZED AFFIDAVIT ORIGINAL from translator' is not how they normaly do it. basically notary has translated himself and put the stamp ' translated from hindi to English' and notarised it. isnt that enough? please suggest..
what more if notary himself marks it as translated. :)

ragini

Feb 3, 2012
joms said:
Dear Ragini,

Follow these steps and be ready for apply

1) Make all other documents perfectly except Baby's Passport.
2) Make an explanation letter regarding the baby's passport problem. Mention the documents related the passport application in this letter
3) Attach the passport application details (original / notarized copies) with the application package.

If this baby is newborn you never have any problems. At present you dont have any other options.
In canada imigration policy, if you have any explanation letter regarding any delay or absence of documents will consider you and later you need to submit when they asked
Thanks

I think this will help you. :)
Thanks Joms, yes she is two months old only. I feel I should apply with a letter for not been able to provide baby PP and that it can be provided later.
Thanks it helped.

Thanks Nish and others as well

susanbd

Sep 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27th August 2014
Nomination.....
PER RECEIVED 17/12/2014
AOR Received.
AOR RECEIVED 04 Feb , 2015
IELTS Request
10 July 2014
Med's Request
March 13 , 2015
Med's Done....
March 23, 2015
Interview........
WEIVED
Passport Req..
11 MAY 2015, PP sent on 13th May , 2015
VISA ISSUED...
PP received with VISA 14th June 2015
LANDED..........
February 27 , 2016
ragini said:
No dear Bangalore is different story, we have been trying since last two weeks but not lucky ( tatkal only). Heavy rush for online appointments probably created problem with the server. Has it been in north India like Chandigarh I would have got in three days
Hellow Ragini and Nish

Good day , If you cannot collect passport for your family member ( Husband, Wife, Babies ) within 2/3 days , then it is hard to reach the CAP for 1122 . Last year the CAP was reachd on 11th July , so I think this year may be within first week . So If you apply from INDIA by 28/29 June then only little possible to reach CAP , otherwise impossible .
Thanks
SUSAN