+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

Alexis1971

Feb 16, 2020
Don't listen to him. I really doubt the Mandamus because when the appeal is approved, IRCC never guarantee any timeline that the file will be approved. And don't feel frustrated. We are all here to support each other. Try to find something else to do, so this won't bother you a lot. Your situation is extremely like mine 5 months ago. I will try to call IRCC non stop and find MP but it turned out all of these is useless.
Just calm down, think positive.
@ta1ons thank you very much for the kind words...it means alot.

Reactions: ginabrigi

Alexis1971

Feb 16, 2020
Appeal won since Aug. 07, 2020. File still not reopened. Did MP inquiry and got replied that File still with IAD when IAD already confirmed file was sent to MVO back in Oct. Send webform and also called then got reply that file transfered to home country visa office. IRCC is such a joke. Almost a year and no word from them and they don't even know where file is exactly. My lawyer also advised to file Mandamus but not sure if that would really help.
The lawyers will recommend anything that is going to put more money in their pockets. I haven't seen or heard of a case where Mandamus was successful. The only one is in a Facebook forum and that case the application was in process for over 24 months...it wasn't an appeal. Sorry but I'm not giving another attorney any more money.

WBC

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Dear all, I am in same situation - waiting game. My lawyer suggesting I contact local MP to contact my out of country VO regarding file status. Can you suggest/advise what information I should put in email to MP? I know from reading forum that nothing will come of it, but at least it will be another piece of evidence for our file. Any suggestion are appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

Reactions: ginabrigi

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The lawyers will recommend anything that is going to put more money in their pockets. I haven't seen or heard of a case where Mandamus was successful. The only one is in a Facebook forum and that case the application was in process for over 24 months...it wasn't an appeal. Sorry but I'm not giving another attorney any more money.
We've seen quite a number of successful mandamus cases on this forum. However I completely agree with you on the process length. The successful ones I've seen here have always been once the process was for 3+ years.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
We've seen quite a number of successful mandamus cases on this forum. However I completely agree with you on the process length. The successful ones I've seen here have always been once the process was for 3+ years.
You can research it and file it yourself.
Once you serve ircc with the copy of the notice of mandamus, there is a high chance they will move on your case.
Anything can be done without lawyers, unless its a criminal case and somebodys life depends on a defence attorney, but filing paperwork is doable by DIY....i once filed an appeal to the Ontario Supreme Court on my own on a Family case, so I doubt a simple Mandamus is complicated.

MurphyA

Star Member
May 7, 2018
I too have heard enough about Mandamus. As far as I’m concerned, unless you’re the one issuing visas, you cant be “guaranteeing” anything. Who here has the money or strength at this point to put together another process? Not me that’s for sure.

Erum.shahzadi

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
Hi all the IMM5562(supplementary information - your travels) and IMM5669 (Schedule A) forms are to be completed by both the sponsor and PA or just PA?

ta1ons

Star Member
Nov 9, 2019
Hi all the IMM5562(supplementary information - your travels) and IMM5669 (Schedule A) forms are to be completed by both the sponsor and PA or just PA?
Are you going to apply visitor visa?
If so, I would recommend you not, because even you win the appeal, it is not necessary that the visa officer would approve the visitor visa for the PA.

Jun 18, 2021
I am on Implied status of PGWP and my husband's work permit will expire on June 30, 2021. I would like to apply for his open work permit before the expiry date. Is anyone know where can I submit the job letter and pay stubs of my job? I am confused and really need help.