Category........
Visa Office......
Accra.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th September 2015
Doc's Request.
20th may 2016 additional proofs was requested...may 26 2016, everything was sent
AOR Received.
November 2015
File Transfer...
24th Nov 2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
July 4th 2015
Interview........
probably not
Passport Req..
by his light
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
the door will open soon
Good evening folks, my husband finally got his passport with the visa in. Glory be to God it is over. The journey has finally ended for us. All I will say to everyone is, never give up. Be strong and don't loose hope or think of giving up. Just pray because God answers prayers. Wish each and everyone the best of luck. You guys have been so helpful. I am very glad to have u all. Byee for now.

AzamanRums

Star Member
Feb 25, 2017
Good evening folks, my husband finally got his passport with the visa in. Glory be to God it is over. The journey has finally ended for us. All I will say to everyone is, never give up. Be strong and don't loose hope or think of giving up. Just pray because God answers prayers. Wish each and everyone the best of luck. You guys have been so helpful. I am very glad to have u all. Byee for now.
hi Congrats!! Anyway ur visa office mane please? and how many days does it took to get ur passport back after u sent ur passport? Thanks...

Agi2009

Nov 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th September 2015
Doc's Request.
20th may 2016 additional proofs was requested...may 26 2016, everything was sent
AOR Received.
November 2015
File Transfer...
24th Nov 2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
July 4th 2015
Interview........
probably not
Passport Req..
by his light
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
the door will open soon
hi Congrats!! Anyway ur visa office mane please? and how many days does it took to get ur passport back after u sent ur passport? Thanks...

Thanks....it was Accra after Ottawa was done their part. They requested it on the 15th feb, and was sent to them by dhl on the 16th. He was approved on the 12th march and he received it on the 15th March. I sent them and email with his ticket because I had purchased his ticket

Reactions: AzamanRums

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Husband is from Tunisia, VO IS Paris, France
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
November 2016....refused ...appealed December 2016.....ADR September 25th 2017 - WE WON!!
congrats :)

Agi2009

Nov 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th September 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
November 2015
File Transfer...
24th Nov 2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
July 4th 2015
Interview........
probably not
Passport Req..
by his light
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
the door will open soon

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
November 2016....refused ...appealed December 2016.....ADR September 25th 2017 - WE WON!!
Thanks....how far is ur application plz?
Im still waiting after our ADR won in September. I sent updated forms in October 25th......January 26th they sent a message about one of our forms regarding one job my husband worked 2 years ago that i forgot to put on the form. I sent an updated schedule A on February 1st. I just found out this week that our application was transferred to the visa office overseas for further review and processing. so we aer just waiting. Not nearly as fast as your application.....but i am happy for you guys :)

Agi2009

Nov 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th September 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
November 2015
File Transfer...
24th Nov 2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
July 4th 2015
Interview........
probably not
Passport Req..
by his light
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
the door will open soon
Im still waiting after our ADR won in September. I sent updated forms in October 25th......January 26th they sent a message about one of our forms regarding one job my husband worked 2 years ago that i forgot to put on the form. I sent an updated schedule A on February 1st. I just found out this week that our application was transferred to the visa office overseas for further review and processing. so we aer just waiting. Not nearly as fast as your application.....but i am happy for you guys :)
Oh I see, that's the reason why it's taking you guys soo long, just don't worry u will hear a good news by the end of this month. Honestly speaking I still feel like am dreaming with how my application went. But I know it was the hand of God. Everyone of you will surely unite with your love ones soon.

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
Oh I see, that's the reason why it's taking you guys soo long, just don't worry u will hear a good news by the end of this month. Honestly speaking I still feel like am dreaming with how my application went. But I know it was the hand of God. Everyone of you will surely unite with your love ones soon.
I hope so. I hope the transfer of his file to visa office overseas a bad thing.

Agi2009

Nov 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th September 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
November 2015
File Transfer...
24th Nov 2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
July 4th 2015
Interview........
probably not
Passport Req..
by his light
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
the door will open soon

Agi2009

Nov 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th September 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
November 2015
File Transfer...
24th Nov 2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
July 4th 2015
Interview........
probably not
Passport Req..
by his light
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
the door will open soon
Glory be to God.... my husband landed yesterday at Calgary, good luck to everyone who is still waiting. Am always available to assist anyone.

RBV

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Hello everyone,

I need your urgent help regarding my sponsorship application submitted in August, 2017. It was an outland application. I sponsored my wife ,currently living in India.

In January, 2018; I received a letter from the IRCC indicating that I am not an eligible sponsor and I haven't submitted application for a family member.

My situation is quite complicated. In my own PR application, I received passport request on May 04, 2017. As I was planning to get married on May 15, 2017; I contacted CPC-Ottawa and asked if I could add my wife to my application after getting married. In reply, I was told by CPC-Ottawa that my PR application was approved and it can not be re-opened to add my wife. Either you can withdraw your application and re-apply with your spouse's information to it or become a PR and sponsor your wife under Family Class. I went back to India and got married on May 15, 2017 and returned to Canada. I sent my passport to IRCC and did landing to become a PR. After marriage and before landing, I contacted the IRCC agent and informed them about change in my marital status. He told me to finish my landing and become a PR and then to sponsor my spouse in Family Class category instead of asking me for further details to examine my wife.

During landing, I told the officer that my marital status was changed and now I have a dependent. They still asked my to put NO in COPR because for my application, it was approved when I was single (which is an inaccurate information from the officer, they should have hold my landing and examine my spouse instead).

Now, I am sponsoring my wife and I think I will be accused of misrepresentation. The application is still under process.

I was thinking to withdraw the application and fix my marital status issue with the IRCC before submitting the sponsorship application again. I sent a letter of explanation to IRCC as well. My wife's background check has been started but eventually it will result in a rejection because of sponsorship eligibility issue.

I can wait for decision for this application and also can appeal against it but I have no proof which can prove that I was given wrong information over the phone and during landing as well. Please give me your suggestions. What should I do?

Applying independently as a skilled worker is an option but is there any way I can fix this mess and still sponsor her?

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
Glory be to God.... my husband landed yesterday at Calgary, good luck to everyone who is still waiting. Am always available to assist anyone.
thats exciting. I am from calgary to......where is your husband from? how was his flight and first thoughts of calgary

Reactions: Alicee

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
Hello everyone,

I need your urgent help regarding my sponsorship application submitted in August, 2017. It was an outland application. I sponsored my wife ,currently living in India.

In January, 2018; I received a letter from the IRCC indicating that I am not an eligible sponsor and I haven't submitted application for a family member.

My situation is quite complicated. In my own PR application, I received passport request on May 04, 2017. As I was planning to get married on May 15, 2017; I contacted CPC-Ottawa and asked if I could add my wife to my application after getting married. In reply, I was told by CPC-Ottawa that my PR application was approved and it can not be re-opened to add my wife. Either you can withdraw your application and re-apply with your spouse's information to it or become a PR and sponsor your wife under Family Class. I went back to India and got married on May 15, 2017 and returned to Canada. I sent my passport to IRCC and did landing to become a PR. After marriage and before landing, I contacted the IRCC agent and informed them about change in my marital status. He told me to finish my landing and become a PR and then to sponsor my spouse in Family Class category instead of asking me for further details to examine my wife.

During landing, I told the officer that my marital status was changed and now I have a dependent. They still asked my to put NO in COPR because for my application, it was approved when I was single (which is an inaccurate information from the officer, they should have hold my landing and examine my spouse instead).

Now, I am sponsoring my wife and I think I will be accused of misrepresentation. The application is still under process.

I was thinking to withdraw the application and fix my marital status issue with the IRCC before submitting the sponsorship application again. I sent a letter of explanation to IRCC as well. My wife's background check has been started but eventually it will result in a rejection because of sponsorship eligibility issue.

I can wait for decision for this application and also can appeal against it but I have no proof which can prove that I was given wrong information over the phone and during landing as well. Please give me your suggestions. What should I do?

Applying independently as a skilled worker is an option but is there any way I can fix this mess and still sponsor her?

I am not sure....do you have any evidence at all of correspondence with IRCC regarding you trying to reach out to them last year about this issue...or was all correspondence over email?

Reactions: RBV

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
Hello everyone,

You could always contact your MP and get them to cal immigration on your behalf about the current status of your application and see if they recommend anything you can do in the meantime while you await a decision.

In the case that you are accused of misrepresentation i would recommend seeking professional help from a lawyer....because the consequences of misrepresentation are pretty extreme.

Reactions: RBV

RBV

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
I am not sure....do you have any evidence at all of correspondence with IRCC regarding you trying to reach out to them last year about this issue...or was all correspondence over email?
Thank you for your reply ! When I informed the CPC-Ottawa about my marriage plan after getting passport request it was through the email. I have a letter form CPC-Ottawa saying that they could not re-open my file as it was already approved and I was not married at that time as well. I got married in a few days after it as it was pre-panned so I could not postpone it. After marriage, I called the IRCC agent and informed him about change in marital status and this happened before I did landing. He said I will have to fill some forms and submit them and he was going to send me an email explaining which forms to fill. Instead of sending me the email, he called me on my cell phone and said that it looks like you informed the CPC-Ottawa about your marriage plan so you should just finish your landing, become a PR and sponsor your wife in Family Class. I am going to ask the immigration officer to check the call history because they do not call people on their cell phone generally. I just followed what I was being told.
During landing, it was just a verbal communication between me and two other immigration officers who suggested me to write NO in dependent information in COPR. I have sent a letter of explanation to the IRCC through web form. But I am not sure how deep they are going to look into this matter.

Reactions: mithi678