+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

RBV

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
You could always contact your MP and get them to cal immigration on your behalf about the current status of your application and see if they recommend anything you can do in the meantime while you await a decision.

In the case that you are accused of misrepresentation i would recommend seeking professional help from a lawyer....because the consequences of misrepresentation are pretty extreme.
I haven't been accused of misrepresentation YET. I just got a letter saying that you are not eligible to sponsor. But I am sure they will accuse me of misrepresentation.

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Thank you for your reply ! When I informed the CPC-Ottawa about my marriage plan after getting passport request it was through the email. I have a letter form CPC-Ottawa saying that they could not re-open my file as it was already approved and I was not married at that time as well. I got married in a few days after it as it was pre-panned so I could not postpone it. After marriage, I called the IRCC agent and informed him about change in marital status and this happened before I did landing. He said I will have to fill some forms and submit them and he was going to send me an email explaining which forms to fill. Instead of sending me the email, he called me on my cell phone and said that it looks like you informed the CPC-Ottawa about your marriage plan so you should just finish your landing, become a PR and sponsor your wife in Family Class. I am going to ask the immigration officer to check the call history because they do not call people on their cell phone generally. I just followed what I was being told.
During landing, it was just a verbal communication between me and two other immigration officers who suggested me to write NO in dependent information in COPR. I have sent a letter of explanation to the IRCC through web form. But I am not sure how deep they are going to look into this matter.
I think if you can collect all the email communications you mentioned in your post to prove that you got the wrong suggestion from CIC, then you might stand a chance on current sponsorship. But TBH, CIC may disregard whatever the evidences you provided and still deny your application, it is because on the COPR, it clearly states how you need to handle the situation like yours and one of the requirement is to ask you DO NOT LAND, if your marriage status changed. As others said here, go find a good immigration lawyer to help you on this.

Reactions: RBV

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Husband is from Tunisia, VO IS Paris, France
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
November 2016....refused ...appealed December 2016.....ADR September 25th 2017 - WE WON!!
Thank you for your reply ! When I informed the CPC-Ottawa about my marriage plan after getting passport request it was through the email. I have a letter form CPC-Ottawa saying that they could not re-open my file as it was already approved and I was not married at that time as well. I got married in a few days after it as it was pre-panned so I could not postpone it. After marriage, I called the IRCC agent and informed him about change in marital status and this happened before I did landing. He said I will have to fill some forms and submit them and he was going to send me an email explaining which forms to fill. Instead of sending me the email, he called me on my cell phone and said that it looks like you informed the CPC-Ottawa about your marriage plan so you should just finish your landing, become a PR and sponsor your wife in Family Class. I am going to ask the immigration officer to check the call history because they do not call people on their cell phone generally. I just followed what I was being told.
During landing, it was just a verbal communication between me and two other immigration officers who suggested me to write NO in dependent information in COPR. I have sent a letter of explanation to the IRCC through web form. But I am not sure how deep they are going to look into this matter.
well the good thing is you have some paper evidence - your original inquiry e-mail as well as your web form explanation. You could also contact your local MP and get them to call and advocate on your behalf. The good thing is you did notify IRCC in advance of all this and there is some documentation.....I think they perfer you be proactive regarding this stuff (which you have) rather than wait for them to call you out on it. You do have evidence on your side if they do say you engaged in misrepresentation. You have the original email and response to CIC, along with the recent web form explaining the situation. I wouldn't worry to much at this point.......but getting your MP to call on your behalf and see whats going on may be helpful. Your MP, is your local member of parliament, you can put in google your address and find out who your MP is. They are great for advocating on your behalf and finding out more information.

Reactions: Alicee and RBV

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
November 2016....refused ...appealed December 2016.....ADR September 25th 2017 - WE WON!!
well the good thing is you have some paper evidence - your original inquiry e-mail as well as your web form explanation. You could also contact your local MP and get them to call and advocate on your behalf. The good thing is you did notify IRCC in advance of all this and there is some documentation.....I think they perfer you be proactive regarding this stuff (which you have) rather than wait for them to call you out on it. You do have evidence on your side if they do say you engaged in misrepresentation. You have the original email and response to CIC, along with the recent web form explaining the situation. I wouldn't worry to much at this point.......but getting your MP to call on your behalf and see whats going on may be helpful. Your MP, is your local member of parliament, you can put in google your address and find out who your MP is. They are great for advocating on your behalf and finding out more information.
If in the case they deny the application or refuse, you can hire a lawyer and prepare a letter of reconsideration.....in which you would present all your correspondence with CIC and explaining situation...however...i do recommend a lawyer for this step if you choose to do so.

RBV

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
I think if you can collect all the email communications you mentioned in your post to prove that you got the wrong suggestion from CIC, then you might stand a chance on current sponsorship. But TBH, CIC may disregard whatever the evidences you provided and still deny your application, it is because on the COPR, it clearly states how you need to handle the situation like yours and one of the requirement is to ask you DO NOT LAND, if your marriage status changed. As others said here, go find a good immigration lawyer to help you on this.
Thank you! Yes, I am going to get my MP involved in this issue and also consult with a immigration lawyer soon.

RBV

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, I think I can appeal against the decision if application gets rejected and provide them all correspondence as you mentioned. I have sent them 2 letters of explanation with every minute details in it as well as copy of all emails regarding this issue.
Thank you for your reply :)

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
Yes, I think I can appeal against the decision if application gets rejected and provide them all correspondence as you mentioned. I have sent them 2 letters of explanation with every minute details in it as well as copy of all emails regarding this issue.
Thank you for your reply :)
good luck :)

Reactions: RBV

Agi2009

Nov 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th September 2015
Doc's Request.
20th may 2016 additional proofs was requested...may 26 2016, everything was sent
AOR Received.
November 2015
File Transfer...
24th Nov 2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
July 4th 2015
Interview........
probably not
Passport Req..
by his light
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
the door will open soon
thats exciting. I am from calgary to......where is your husband from? how was his flight and first thoughts of calgary

Thanks, he flew with Ethiopian airlines from Accra Ghana, to Addis Ababa, then to Dublin to Toronto and changed it to air Canada to Calgary. He was tired and amazed. Looking at the snow and didnt wanted to even come in. Hahaha. I took him to touchless car wash and nearly collapsed. Haha Where in Calgary are u leaving in? We are staying in royal oak nw.

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
Thanks, he flew with Ethiopian airlines from Accra Ghana, to Addis Ababa, then to Dublin to Toronto and changed it to air Canada to Calgary. He was tired and amazed. Looking at the snow and didnt wanted to even come in. Hahaha. I took him to touchless car wash and nearly collapsed. Haha Where in Calgary are u leaving in? We are staying in royal oak nw.
Oh wow how exciting. What an adventure for him. What are his first thoughts of Calgary ?

Royal Oak! Nice.....lol I'm exact opposite deep South by Somerset

Reactions: Alicee

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
Hi I am preparing for my hearing , so anyone know how many pictures should I attach and what else
what were the officer's concerns? I tailored my evidence around that.

Reactions: msrangi

Agi2009

Nov 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th September 2015
Doc's Request.
20th may 2016 additional proofs was requested...may 26 2016, everything was sent
AOR Received.
November 2015
File Transfer...
24th Nov 2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
July 4th 2015
Interview........
probably not
Passport Req..
by his light
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
the door will open soon
Oh wow how exciting. What an adventure for him. What are his first thoughts of Calgary ?

Royal Oak! Nice.....lol I'm exact opposite deep South by Somerset

His first thought was, wow! Wat a nice province, clean environment, quite outside and also the roads are very spacious.... I will never forget his first time here. Haha

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
His first thought was, wow! Wat a nice province, clean environment, quite outside and also the roads are very spacious.... I will never forget his first time here. Haha
Wow very interesting. I think my husband to will notice the cleanliness difference outside. In his country there is unfortunately lots of garbage on the ground. I don't think they have same penalties for littering....and I'm not sure lots of other reasons .

Reactions: Alicee and Agi2009

Afreen_sultana

Feb 6, 2018
Hey someone please answer
Work permit expired (PGWP) and rec letter to leave canada in 30 days
Question can i apply for appeal just to stay in canada as i have some personal reasons and ready to spends amount for the lawyer and all
i just wana know the time process as i have some work to stay here for 8 months

please reply

JYC

Jan 5, 2016
Hi I am preparing for my hearing , so anyone know how many pictures should I attach and what else
Things like:

Chat log (translated)
Joint finance (insurance beneficiary, joint accounts/property, supplementary credit card, wire transfer etc)
Trips and visits
Any communications between your spouse and your family (parents/kids) will help
Your future plan