Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Husband is from Tunisia, VO IS Paris, France
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
November 2016....refused ...appealed December 2016.....ADR September 25th 2017 - WE WON!!
What are chances of success of an appeal
I have heard winning an appeal at an ADR is 50%....however if you continue to a full hearing it goes up to 80-90%...this is just i have heard from a lawyer i worked with and what i found online when i researched. Other members might have different numbers :)

Jamaicanwife

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
My husband is from Tunisia in North Africa.....the VO is Paris. However, our file was sent to Ottawa....I am not sure if it is staying there or going back to Paris for the remainder of the processing.
Assuming if it hasn’t been sent abroad it will stay in Ottawa, CIC told my MP it’s best if your file stays in Ottawa, if it goes abroad there is a chance of re-interview! Hoping it’s just passport request now. Any idea how long it takes roughly? If we had numbers to go by then atleast we wouldn’t be left in the dark

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
November 2016....refused ...appealed December 2016.....ADR September 25th 2017 - WE WON!!
Assuming if it hasn’t been sent abroad it will stay in Ottawa, CIC told my MP it’s best if your file stays in Ottawa, if it goes abroad there is a chance of re-interview! Hoping it’s just passport request now. Any idea how long it takes roughly? If we had numbers to go by then atleast we wouldn’t be left in the dark
Yeah it seems everyone has a different experience. I was hoping it being in Ottawa would be a faster process. However, i met two women on hear - one lady her visa went back to singapore another to Cuba and they were done the whole process in 4 months! so i am confused. The process is very vague with no processing times. I know the last thing we need is them interviewing our partners again and putting them back through that ringer. That is something i fear. However, looking through the thread i have not met anyone yet who has been re-interviewed after winning an appeal. Lets hope it goes speedy for the both of us. I know our files falling during the holidays doesn't help the timeline.

Jamaicanwife

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Yeah it seems everyone has a different experience. I was hoping it being in Ottawa would be a faster process. However, i met two women on hear - one lady her visa went back to singapore another to Cuba and they were done the whole process in 4 months! so i am confused. The process is very vague with no processing times. I know the last thing we need is them interviewing our partners again and putting them back through that ringer. That is something i fear. However, looking through the thread i have not met anyone yet who has been re-interviewed after winning an appeal. Lets hope it goes speedy for the both of us. I know our files falling during the holidays doesn't help the timeline.
4 months would be amazing but i was kind of hoping for February so for us that would be 2 months since additional info was requested

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
4 months would be amazing but i was kind of hoping for February so for us that would be 2 months since additional info was requested
yes hopefully.....my updated form request was october 23 :( we sent everything November 9th....and still waiting

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
And being that they didn’t request an update Medical (his is good until mid March) that he will be here before it expires :)
oh yes that is good :) im happy you not had to pay that stupid fee again

Reactions: Jamaicanwife

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
Reactions: Jamaicanwife

tony000

Jul 29, 2015
We[I and My Wife] appealed in mid-2016, have not heard anything back from them. long they are going to take before they set us a hearing date?Any Ideas ???

P.S: Our office is Vancouver and My wife lives in Edmonton.

Jamaicanwife

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
We[I and My Wife] appealed in mid-2016, have not heard anything back from them. long they are going to take before they set us a hearing date?Any Ideas ???

P.S: Our office is Vancouver and My wife lives in Edmonton.
You are waiting for a full hearing date obviously? Could take up to 2 years I’ve heard. I would contact the appeal office and ask if they can give you an idea of when it will be

tony000

Jul 29, 2015
You are waiting for a full hearing date obviously? Could take up to 2 years I’ve heard. I would contact the appeal office and ask if they can give you an idea of when it will be
Thank you. It is almost 1 and a half year already. so now anytime we would be expecting the letter from them. Right?

Jamaicanwife

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Thank you. It is almost 1 and a half year already. so now anytime we would be expecting the letter from them. Right?
It took me 8 months from denial to ADR interview and they are half the wait time of a full trial....call Vancouver appea office and ask them how long the wait times are

malicia

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
It took me 8 months from denial to ADR interview and they are half the wait time of a full trial....call Vancouver appea office and ask them how long the wait times are
From my case I appeal in Dec 2016 and after 2 months they told me I will be getting a full hearing so in me I with to the appeal board office and the office that have my case she told me that they don't count the time you send in the appeal but the time start when the officer reivece the notes from the oversea office I ask her why this is set up like this she say is just the system like that so she told me I have to start count from may 2017 cause that's when they reievce the VO notices so next year may 2018 will be a year these ppl just playing with ppl life and they talking about Canada love family what family they mean cause I don't see what they doing mean they love family together

Jamaicanwife

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
From my case I appeal in Dec 2016 and after 2 months they told me I will be getting a full hearing so in me I with to the appeal board office and the office that have my case she told me that they don't count the time you send in the appeal but the time start when the officer reivece the notes from the oversea office I ask her why this is set up like this she say is just the system like that so she told me I have to start count from may 2017 cause that's when they reievce the VO notices so next year may 2018 will be a year these ppl just playing with ppl life and they talking about Canada love family what family they mean cause I don't see what they doing mean they love family together
My file was received end of June, knew my interview date in September and had ADR mid November....I’m sure each appeal office and each case is different. We all just need to keep hope that it will be over soon

Reactions: Alicee