Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Husband is from Tunisia, VO IS Paris, France
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
November 2016....refused ...appealed December 2016.....ADR September 25th 2017 - WE WON!!
Yes, Recieved blue book in nov 2016.Do you think we should talk our lawyer about this? we tried our lawyer talking about this but it seems like she is not that worried about all .. you know kinda '' who cares '' Do you think we should call the office ?
Yes call ...I would call regularly lol

Reactions: Jamaicanwife

RamsinghNepal

Dec 29, 2017
Hey guys I am really stressed about my situation even though I am sure Its not as bad as what I have read on this forum

Sent my application Feb 15 2017
application received March 2 2017
Interview in New Delhi Dec 4th 2017
refusal letter received Dec 6th 2017
appeal submitted Dec 16th 2017

What happens after this
I live in Toronto Ontario
I sponsored my wife from Mehndranagar, Nepal but the closest Canadian consulate is in New Delhi, India
we were refused on grounds of a non genuine marriage, but the real reason was that my wife did not know I had trouble with the law in my past and that was a teenager, it was an arranged marriage and In our culture respect and all that between family is everything soo I didn't feel it was the right time to tell her soo the visa officer was very rude and very judgmental about my character as my wife and I have been together for two years now and are still married but has put a lot of tension between us and is causing big issues between us, I really just want to know how long it takes before my appeal is looked at and what happens after that, I have looked into hiring a lawyer but for my own piece of mind would like to know, thank you

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
We already won our appeal 3 months ago and now just waiting for passport request .....I can't even go visit him because I'm pregnant and it's not safe and I need to save money for his arrival.

I'm just feeling impatient and lonley.
Sorry I didn't realize, we won May 9. Had the ppr email request Oct 6, my husband just had to to take his pp to embassy. Stamped with visa a couple hours later. Hopefully in January.

Reactions: Alicee

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
Call the appeal office that will handle your case. All phone numbers can be found online
Yes call, they can give you a rough estimate as to when you can expect to hear a date. Generally you hear a date that's about two to three mos away. You can call once a week if you like. Usually get a different person everytime anyway. No effect on your case. Call early, less wait.

Jamaicanwife

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Sorry I didn't realize, we won May 9. Had the ppr email request Oct 6, my husband just had to to take his pp to embassy. Stamped with visa a couple hours later. Hopefully in January.
So it took 5 months from winning appeal to PPR? That’s long, so it’s no different than initial application as it only took us 5 months to applying until interview. Pray everyone gets news they are waiting for soon. How long from updated info to PPR? We will be sending this next week and our file has been reopened a month now

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
November 2016....refused ...appealed December 2016.....ADR September 25th 2017 - WE WON!!
Ok so like 5 month total .....yes hopefully it come soon...I'm sure Christmas backed then up

Reactions: MaryL

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
So it took 5 months from winning appeal to PPR? That’s long, so it’s no different than initial application as it only took us 5 months to applying until interview. Pray everyone gets news they are waiting for soon. How long from updated info to PPR? We will be sending this next week and our file has been reopened a month now
Our initial application was 7 months. Which was fast for most visa offices. We got refused. We appealed. Waited 2 yrs. Finally won in May and June Ottawa sent u's and email. Later on July 11th we were asked for new info/docs.
So we updated forms and sent in August 1st. I believe. August 10th dm. So I thought a couple weeks at most. But to no avail. I was able to get a family member call her contacts. Which I think helped. We had a bring forward date of Sept 15. Which came and went. However. On here ppl say those don't really mean anything. But we kept at er. Finally Oct 4 th. But incorrect email. Had the most fix it and correct email came October 6th.

pakiboy2049

Dec 18, 2017
Hey guys I am really stressed about my situation even though I am sure Its not as bad as what I have read on this forum

Sent my application Feb 15 2017
application received March 2 2017
Interview in New Delhi Dec 4th 2017
refusal letter received Dec 6th 2017
appeal submitted Dec 16th 2017

What happens after this
I live in Toronto Ontario
I sponsored my wife from Mehndranagar, Nepal but the closest Canadian consulate is in New Delhi, India
we were refused on grounds of a non genuine marriage, but the real reason was that my wife did not know I had trouble with the law in my past and that was a teenager, it was an arranged marriage and In our culture respect and all that between family is everything soo I didn't feel it was the right time to tell her soo the visa officer was very rude and very judgmental about my character as my wife and I have been together for two years now and are still married but has put a lot of tension between us and is causing big issues between us, I really just want to know how long it takes before my appeal is looked at and what happens after that, I have looked into hiring a lawyer but for my own piece of mind would like to know, thank you

Sorry to hear this happened to you. At this point you will have to submit for an appeal within 1 month and then wait for a full hearing or adr. most cases do not get selected for adr unless it's a straightforward case. Full hearing wait times are averaging from a year to 17 months. I would not waste money on a lawyer submitting an appeal. all you have to do is sign the attachment with the refusal letter and send it back. once you get a hearing date it might be worth while getting a lawyer to help you prepare. Another thing you can do is re-apply but unless something big has changed (having a baby or big ceremony & witnesses etc) it will likely result in refusal. with your situation it's best you discuss your options with the wife and go from there. Hope things work out for you soon. best of luck

Reactions: mweselake

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
Like in a marriage certificate it is written Steve deurex Smith but his real name is only Steve smith
So did you get rejected because of this or you 'fear' you will get rejected because of this???

If it was me and it was an honest mistake or administrative typo..............i would just get another marriage certificate with the correct name and send it to immigration along with a cover letter explaining the mistake.

Abubakarbutt602

Sep 9, 2017
So did you get rejected because of this or you 'fear' you will get rejected because of this???

If it was me and it was an honest mistake or administrative typo..............i would just get another marriage certificate with the correct name and send it to immigration along with a cover letter explaining the mistake.
I fear it but a consultant said that we shouldn't correct because we sent it earlier.Do you think I will get refused

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
I fear it but a consultant said that we shouldn't correct because we sent it earlier.Do you think I will get refused
I honestly do not know......i have a friend where canada immigration did question them about the authenticity of a document they thought was fraudulent....and they had 15 days to respond. So if they catch it they may something i am not sure? but i am sure they would give you a chance to explain yourself before refusing...however...it is canada immigration we talking about and they are not always the fairest system.

Abubakarbutt602

Sep 9, 2017
I honestly do not know......i have a friend where canada immigration did question them about the authenticity of a document they thought was fraudulent....and they had 15 days to respond. So if they catch it they may something i am not sure? but i am sure they would give you a chance to explain yourself before refusing...however...it is canada immigration we talking about and they are not always the fairest system.
I bank on luck.They might not notice