+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

ismaeel

Jul 26, 2017
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
June-2018
Hey everyone so i am feeling a bit depressed.
As you all know my husband and i won our ADR appeal on September 20th 2017
update form request October 23
WE SENT THEM EVERYTHING on NOVEMBER 9TH.....and have been waiting ever since.
I am also 23 weeks pregnant and by myself.

So my MP office called immigration on my behalf asking if the file can be expedited....or whats going on at least. The immigration lady pretty much told her that even though you go through an appeal the processing starts from the beginning....and that they have my husband medical and everything else still needs to be processed. My MP was very surprised by this as she though cases that went through appeals were fast tracked and that they would take her opinion with heavier weight. She did say that it is possible they are just saying that not to get people's hopes up.

I don't know...

Like what is everyone's thoughts? any words of encouragement? Are they f**ing going to interview him again?
And now that its Christmas of course all these officers get to take time off and enjoy Christmas with their loved ones while we are all separated...slowing down the process even more.
You are almost done... you just have to wait for some more time usully most of the successful appeals at ADR will take 5 to 6 months till they get thier PR

ismaeel

Jul 26, 2017
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
June-2018
What is the proccedure of withdrawing your appeal after failed ADR please ?

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Husband is from Tunisia, VO IS Paris, France
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
November 2016....refused ...appealed December 2016.....ADR September 25th 2017 - WE WON!!

balpunjabi

Star Member
Aug 30, 2015
Please help me I m very depressed with whole situation I m following this form very long time my husband is a Canadian citizen we got refusal in January 2017 then in March 2017 apply for appeal in Toronto
Hire a lawyer and lawyer said he get email that our case is selected as ADR that was on 29 May 2017,it was Preliminary Hearing on that date the judge told to a lawyer that immigration officer redact some information about my interview so he can't make any decision because first part of my interview information is hidden then the judge gave 6 weeks in total to immigration officer to send that information after now my lawyer didn't hear anything
That information was based on my personal information about my name it' is first 30 mins of the interview
Just want to know why immigration have to redact any information regarding the interview

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
November 2016....refused ...appealed December 2016.....ADR September 25th 2017 - WE WON!!
Please help me I m very depressed with whole situation I m following this form very long time my husband is a Canadian citizen we got refusal in January 2017 then in March 2017 apply for appeal in Toronto
Hire a lawyer and lawyer said he get email that our case is selected as ADR that was on 29 May 2017,it was Preliminary Hearing on that date the judge told to a lawyer that immigration officer redact some information about my interview so he can't make any decision because first part of my interview information is hidden then the judge gave 6 weeks in total to immigration officer to send that information after now my lawyer didn't hear anything
That information was based on my personal information about my name it' is first 30 mins of the interview
Just want to know why immigration have to redact any information regarding the interview
because they are slow at everything.....I did call my MP of my neighbourhood (local politician) and they can always make things faster but if your husband call them.....they can call immigration on your behalf and at least to try find out what is going on.

Here is a website site where your husband can put in his postal code and find his MP

http://www.ourcommons.ca/parliamentarians/en/constituencies/FindMP

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
What is the proccedure of withdrawing your appeal after failed ADR please ?
I am not 100% sure....i would almost contact the IAD department....

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
I applied for my appeals process, which site do I see how my process is going?
Actually Ana i know this post is from September I am not sure if you heard if you are going through ADR or hearing...

but.....you CAN ACTUALLY REQUEST AN ADR.....however it may not be approved....this is what i was told directly from the IAD department.

They will pick cases that they think DO NOT NEED to go to court...that can be talked out in an ADR interview....

So what i did was send lots of evidence in advance and request ADR.....my strategy was that they would see my case and all the evidence and realise it is not worth using their resources for going to court..

And i was granted an ADR on September 25th and i won :)

Reactions: Alicee

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
Again went to the mp. No update since Dm august 10. I too am frustrated with the wait. It's one last step. Get us outta the way to work on somebody else's.
i am in same boat as you were.....like a month and a half since i sent in updated forms and no update...and also got my MP to call lol :(

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
My husband got his passport request Monday night. Yay right? So we thought. My husband went to Rabat, followed all instructions in the letter but Rabat doesn't accept it. Saying his visa is in Canada. I tell my husband that Rabat is wrong. So of course our representative is out of office til Tuesday. I phone Cic, my husband or rep has to call not me. They cant send an email to Rabat. They are not allowed. Or send passport to Ottawa from Rabat which will add on what 2 or 3 weeks. Or wait for representative to come back.
Holy crap cic get your acts together. Heading to mp office right now. Let's see Andrew Scheer's assistant can actually help now. As they don't before.
I have been following your posts and to see you wait and frustration and finally receiving his passport....gives me hope and more strength to be patient.

Reactions: MaryL

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
Hi all. After a particularly nasty, biased, and unprofessionally conducted interview in Tunis, my husband was refused in May of this year, I previously wrote about our experience in this forum. We then filed for appeal in June and just received the blue book this October. It came while I was in Tunisia.

Upon opening it, I expected to find that it would contain our complete file and copies of all the evidence we had previously submitted, minus whatever chat logs they noted that were shredded early on in the application process.

In fact, what they sent contains little more than the application its self, the support letters from my mother, son and best friend, a few pages of hangouts chat, and 3 printed pages of pictures that i had submitted additionally as an afterthought depicting the engagement party my work held for me, a couple of pics of our first meeting, and 3 other pictures of me and my husband together, selfies actually. They did not include any significant pictures. Nothing of our wedding or engagement, nothing showing friends and family were included with the blue book documents.

I submitted over 300 original photographs with our application and my husband brought 50+more with him to his interview. There was also a ton of other relevant evidence we submitted that we had accumulated over the course of our 3 year relationship, receipts, itineraries, love letters, proof of gifts from both of us as well as from our families to each other, emails, among other things, and yet the immigration officer sent almost nothing depicting our relationship or anything else supporting our application.

In addition, the notes they wrote regarding the interview are riddled with sloppy mistakes and several blatant lies. For example; they botched the name of the interpreter completely, not just by a wrong letter here or there but completely wrong name. They stated the only people from my husbands side to attend our wedding was his brother, sister, and a few uncles, when in fact his parents were also of course there at both the formal contract ceremony as well as the party, as noted throughout the application as well as in numerous pictures. She did not record his answers verbatim, but wrote some simplified "dumbed down" answers, excerpts of his full answers and other things completely of her own creation.

She harped in the interview notes about my wedding dress not being culturally the norm there (sweetheart neckline, arms not covered), even though she admits that she is not sure and had asked an assistant post interview about it who also was not entirely sure but "guessed that people in his region might wear arm coverings under the dresses".

I had submitted several emails between my husband and I of the whole process (very personal and special, quite a big deal) of us checking out different dresses and finally excitedly choosing my wedding dress together. I clearly asked if it was ok to wear there, it being a Muslim country, and him clearly assuring me he would never let let me wear something not ok. My sister was also included in the conversation voicing the same concern (she is Muslim by the way) and again his reassurance that my dress is not only appropriate but so beautiful and he cant wait to see me in it on our wedding day. I included a picture of his own mother who on her wedding day wore a similar dress with arms bared and decolletage visible and without her hair covered, he also told the interviewer one of his sisters also opted for this kind of dress as well.

We submitted tons of our wedding photos with over 70 guests all dancing and having a good time, his parents included, everyone posing with us for pictures, several women were not wearing a hijab. None of it mattered except her own biased, misinformed opinion that my dress must have been inappropriate. All one has to do is google Tunisian wedding dress and the majority of modern day wedding dresses you will see is similar to how I was dressed. Was she expecting me to wear some archaic traditional outfit that is still sometimes worn in some of the more remote rural regions or what? My dress was fine with him and I, his family, all our guests. I had so many compliments and offers to buy my dress even!

Sorry to go off on a tangent, just wanted to give an idea of how skewed this all is. My question is, what can I do? I called the appeal board to tell them how skimpy my blue book is, they said call cbsa. I called them, they said the interviewing officer includes what supports their decision, so they were of no help either. I assumed they need to show everything they were presented with in order to come to whatever conclusion they came to?

Is there a way to get them to forward everything we submitted in the name of fairness? Who can I contact to help with this? My MP? Immigration minister?

Or not only will i have to supply all our evidence since the refusal, but everything else we originally submitted as well? The appeal board should see what the officer had to go on.

They have already dealt us such a blow in the refusal alone, I feel like they are purposely trying to sabotage our appeal now :(

Thanks for reading all that, any help or guidance would be much appreciated. By the way I have not yet obtained counsel, was waiting for this to come first to see where I stood. If anyone can recommend anyone good that is reasonably priced, I'd also be grateful.
Hello i would love to connect with you....and share experiences. My husband was also denied in an interview in Tunis :) Fortunately we won an ADR on September 25th 2017...:) Where are you at now in process ?

The fact they sent the bluebook with minimal evidence kind of works in your favour...when you go to an ADR/full hearing court ...you can prepare and send them everything - new evidence shows a new insight on the relationship

Feel free to email me weselake.melissa@gmail.com or add me on facebook - Melissa Weselake

Nacharfu :) and i look forward to speaking with you

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
My husband and I won our appeal on May 9th. Ottawa received the file, emailed us June 5. Yes Ottawa is faster I'd say. Yes I have heard of ppl getting interviewed twice. Ismaeel on here I believe had it haopen. They were refused. He appealed & won. Interviewed again. Refused and now is getting an adr.
Do you know why he got interviewed again?

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
Hi again
After i got refused in my seond interveiw in delhi in feb 2017 My wife in canada wrote a letter for appeal now yesterday 26 JUL she got lots of papers in post like our pic file that we had sent to IO all the THINGS
So can anyone tell me what is that ? Blue book ? And when my wife will have her appeal ?
why did you have two interviews? was this after winning an appeal?

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A and PCC: 01-09-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1: 01-09-2017, AOR2: 19-09-2017
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
why did you have two interviews? was this after winning an appeal?
He's won the appeal (ADR) twice. He's gotten two interviews, and he's going to have a third interview next year. He failed both interviews, so that's why he got refused. He was asked an open question: tell me about your wife. And he couldn't answer, he said something like: ask me specific questions and I'll tell you everything. But he couldn't give an open answer, so that's why he got refused twice according to him. He's in the interviews thread of this forum.

ismaeel

Jul 26, 2017
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
June-2018
He's won the appeal (ADR) twice. He's gotten two interviews, and he's going to have a third interview next year. He failed both interviews, so that's why he got refused. He was asked an open question: tell me about your wife. And he couldn't answer, he said something like: ask me specific questions and I'll tell you everything. But he couldn't give an open answer, so that's why he got refused twice according to him. He's in the interviews thread of this forum.
I did not won any ADR..I Re applied and got refused havent win any ADRs