Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Husband is from Tunisia, VO IS Paris, France
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
November 2016....refused ...appealed December 2016.....ADR September 25th 2017 - WE WON!!
Hello everyone.

I have been following this thread for sometime now. I am waiting for my husband who has an indian passport but living in Sydney.
We applied March 2016.
ADR won august 2017

We sent updated forms and medical Nov 17. Just wondering how long PPR takes from this step.
I am currently pregnant and due Jan 24th. Any tips on how to expedite the process. It is our first child and we don't know if he will make it.
I am in same boat....won appeal and of September...sent updated forms november 9....and still waiting since now

Im also 23 weeks pregnant it's hard... everytime I contact them I get a vague answer like ...it's open and waiting to be processed.

Vickchin

Dec 19, 2017
I am in same boat....won appeal and of September...sent updated forms november 9....and still waiting since now

Im also 23 weeks pregnant it's hard... everytime I contact them I get a vague answer like ...it's open and waiting to be processed.
I don't understand why there is no processing after winning the appeal. They should not take so much time add they habe already wasted time rejecting the initial application. It's really frustrating.

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Husband is from Tunisia, VO IS Paris, France
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
November 2016....refused ...appealed December 2016.....ADR September 25th 2017 - WE WON!!
I don't understand why there is no processing after winning the appeal. They should not take so much time add they habe already wasted time rejecting the initial application. It's really frustrating.
I know it so frustrating and mean

Umer.f

Aug 5, 2017
Hi all,
I am posting here first time i been following this forum from some time as i had a bad interview experience in islamabad. My case is a complicated one so i wasn't expecting much either as i could guess from VO's body language that what the result will be.
Here's my case story, i am from Pakistan, i have a bad travel history as i have overstayed in Europe and got deported eventually in July 2016. Its my second marriage as i was married in Cyprus. I knew my wife from Canada since August 2015 and we met in Cyprus while i was there and we got married in September 2016. Applied for PR in December 2016 got a refusal yesterday. My question is if there's someone with similar case with mine who applied and won? To seniors what are my chances to win in this situation? Our marriage is real my wife is younger than me only 2 years all my family was involved in my marriage.
One more thing if someone knows any good lawyer in Ontario my wife is from Napanee Ontario. Any suggestions and advice on my situation very much appreciated. Good luck to all fighting this unjust system of cic hope we all reunite with our loved ones very soon prayers for all!

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A and PCC: 01-09-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1: 01-09-2017, AOR2: 19-09-2017
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018

Umer.f

Aug 5, 2017
Unjust how? I don't see it in your case.
Because our marriage is being judged on my past i know i have made bad choices in my life before knowing my wife but now all we want is to start our lives together. I haven't committed a crime or anything all i did was stayed ina country without visa which is not a good thing but thats past and people can change

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
Because our marriage is being judged on my past i know i have made bad choices in my life before knowing my wife but now all we want is to start our lives together. I haven't committed a crime or anything all i did was stayed ina country without visa which is not a good thing but thats past and people can change
You did something illegal, which was overstaying in the country, and for that you got deported. However, that is not, by itself, grounds to refuse an application. Nevertheless, you are stating that you did not have much faith in your own application, that tells a story. With this process, the onus of proving the genuineness of the relationship is on the applicant, in this case you. If you do not do a good job, you can get your case rejected. On top of that, you did not pass the interview, which means that you did not satisfy the officer's concerns, and that was an opportunity that was given to you to explain everything and turn things around. The officers have to be completely sure that a relationship is genuine in order to approve it, otherwise they would be compromising the system, making it more vulnerable to those who commit fraud. In your case, I do not see the "unjust" that you are mentioning. Sure there are unjust cases, but I personally do not think yours is one of them, based on the little information you've shared. I can completely see, from the point of view of the immigration officer, how a decision to refuse your application would be reached.
Now note that I am not saying that your relationship is not genuine, it would be impossible to know from my end. Also, keep in mind that they should judge people's past, because it does matter, a lot. But they also judge the present, and the future. I am sure you are not being refused solely based on your past, that would be negligent and inconsistent with many other cases when people with worse pasts than yours got approved.
My point is, this can be unfortunate, unlucky, disappointing, and many other things, but unjust is not one of them. If your relationship is genuine, you have to prove it, just like everyone else, like any of us who has gone through the process and have proved we are legit. It is your responsibility, not CIC's.

Umer.f

Aug 5, 2017
You did something illegal, which was overstaying in the country, and for that you got deported. However, that is not, by itself, grounds to refuse an application. Nevertheless, you are stating that you did not have much faith in your own application, that tells a story. With this process, the onus of proving the genuineness of the relationship is on the applicant, in this case you. If you do not do a good job, you can get your case rejected. On top of that, you did not pass the interview, which means that you did not satisfy the officer's concerns, and that was an opportunity that was given to you to explain everything and turn things around. The officers have to be completely sure that a relationship is genuine in order to approve it, otherwise they would be compromising the system, making it more vulnerable to those who commit fraud. In your case, I do not see the "unjust" that you are mentioning. Sure there are unjust cases, but I personally do not think yours is one of them, based on the little information you've shared. I can completely see, from the point of view of the immigration officer, how a decision to refuse your application would be reached.
Now note that I am not saying that your relationship is not genuine, it would be impossible to know from my end. Also, keep in mind that they should judge people's past, because it does matter, a lot. But they also judge the present, and the future. I am sure you are not being refused solely based on your past, that would be negligent and inconsistent with many other cases when people with worse pasts than yours got approved.
My point is, this can be unfortunate, unlucky, disappointing, and many other things, but unjust is not one of them. If your relationship is genuine, you have to prove it, just like everyone else, like any of us who has gone through the process and have proved we are legit. It is your responsibility, not CIC's.
Well i said that i could guess the outcome from vo's body language because that person seemed less interested in asking any questions about my present marriage and about my spouse he barely asked anything about it. The interview lasted for more than one hour and all he asked about my past and my previous marriage so i see it as unjust. I am not stupid just because i got refused that is why i am saying its unjust. The thing is the guy already made up his mind to refuse because he started questioning about last and ended it on past. Even in interview letter they asked for on going proof of relationship and my wife's recent visit they specifically asked for those things and he did not even looked at those things at all neither on our pictures so tell me how this is justified?

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
Well i said that i could guess the outcome from vo's body language because that person seemed less interested in asking any questions about my present marriage and about my spouse he barely asked anything about it. The interview lasted for more than one hour and all he asked about my past and my previous marriage so i see it as unjust. I am not stupid just because i got refused that is why i am saying its unjust. The thing is the guy already made up his mind to refuse because he started questioning about last and ended it on past. Even in interview letter they asked for on going proof of relationship and my wife's recent visit they specifically asked for those things and he did not even looked at those things at all neither on our pictures so tell me how this is justified?
Probably you got a generic letter, asking for ongoing proof of relationship. Being a generic letter, it can ask for it when they don't actually want it or need it. I say it again, I do not see the "unjust". If the immigration officer only asked about your past, it is because that's his primary, or only concern. How did you do in the interview? Did you do a great job? How was your performance? Because all you are saying is that the process/immigration officer was not fair to you, but you are not really providing evidence of such unfairness. You are very wrong for thinking it is unjust simply because the immigration officer had a particular, notorious concern about your past, and it is a bit ridiculous. It is completely standard procedure to dig into the concerns the IO has. What you are saying, honestly, does not make sense to justify it as unjust. You can believe it as much as you want, and repeat it to yourself a million times to keep believing it, but this is just standard procedure, and it does look more like you did not do that well in your interview. I would advise you to own it, acknowledge your mistakes, stop playing the victim, and focus on making everything the best way possible from now on, and put a lot of effort into it, so that at least you can win your appeal. The process itself is hard, and now that you would appeal, it just got a lot harder. Stop playing victim and take the responsibility that was always bestowed upon you, and prove to them that, without a doubt, and despite your past, your relationship to your wife is genuine.

Umer.f

Aug 5, 2017
When you are not given a chance to "PROVE" yourself then what can you expect? The reason i call it unjust is another one because VO's have been given so much power they are not liable for anything in my case whenever i tried to explain or say anything about my present relationship that guy would stop typing and look at me and say"SURE" sarcastically so tell me man what is this? Put yourself in that situation and tell me? How would you feel when you are being judged on past and not even given a chance to prove your present? I really think there are big changes that should be made all interviews should be in camera recorded. Because this is vo who can edit notes accordingly as they wish.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
And the reason they are given that authority is to protect Canada and Canadians. The simple fact is, whether the VO allowed you to explain or not, there is questionable history that gave them reasonable doubt. Not a decision they would take lightly, as they are accountable. Your application obviously didn’t sway the balance of probabilities in your favour. Nothing unjust, just the way the system works to protect its citizens (and that isn’t just your wife).

Reactions: JulianaAndrew

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
When you are not given a chance to "PROVE" yourself then what can you expect? The reason i call it unjust is another one because VO's have been given so much power they are not liable for anything in my case whenever i tried to explain or say anything about my present relationship that guy would stop typing and look at me and say"SURE" sarcastically so tell me man what is this? Put yourself in that situation and tell me? How would you feel when you are being judged on past and not even given a chance to prove your present? I really think there are big changes that should be made all interviews should be in camera recorded. Because this is vo who can edit notes accordingly as they wish.
You have your facts wrong. You had an interview, so you did have the chance to prove yourself. The VO's need the power to make such decisions, if they don't have it, then what are you suggesting? Just like they have the power to reject applications, they have the power to approve them. Why did you try to explain or say something about your present relationship if you were not asked for it? You are supposed to answer their questions, it is an interview, not an informal chatting. If you start saying things that they have not asked you about, it looks suspicious. That's what it is, suspicious. I don't put myself in that situation because I did well in my interview, I did not do anything to put myself in that situation. I was also judged on my past, and very little on my present. The guy that interviewed me would also stop typing if I was saying too much, and did not exactly have a very pleasant look. And the immigration officer also said the word "sure" several times, and that could have been easily taken as sarcastic as well, depending on how you personally think about things. You are not a martyr, you just failed your interview. I understand people sometimes don't know what to do, or what to say, and that's why they don't pass their interview. Does that make it unfair? I don't think so. The application forms themselves, and the guides, clearly tell you that it is your responsibility to prove your relationship is real.

Reactions: Buletruck

pakiboy2049

Dec 18, 2017
Hi all,
I am posting here first time i been following this forum from some time as i had a bad interview experience in islamabad. My case is a complicated one so i wasn't expecting much either as i could guess from VO's body language that what the result will be.
Here's my case story, i am from Pakistan, i have a bad travel history as i have overstayed in Europe and got deported eventually in July 2016. Its my second marriage as i was married in Cyprus. I knew my wife from Canada since August 2015 and we met in Cyprus while i was there and we got married in September 2016. Applied for PR in December 2016 got a refusal yesterday. My question is if there's someone with similar case with mine who applied and won? To seniors what are my chances to win in this situation? Our marriage is real my wife is younger than me only 2 years all my family was involved in my marriage.
One more thing if someone knows any good lawyer in Ontario my wife is from Napanee Ontario. Any suggestions and advice on my situation very much appreciated. Good luck to all fighting this unjust system of cic hope we all reunite with our loved ones very soon prayers for all!
Sorry to hear this. I cant believe there are useless people just blaming ya instead of helping out. No need to waste your time replying their useless remarks. Clearly they have been unfair to ya. Your case should not be impacted by your past mistakes especially when it was not in Canada. With that being said your case is a bit complicated and the prosecutor has a good chance of screwing you over. I suggest you find a good lawyer who will help you prepare for questioning. And yes you have a high chance of winning since your marriage is genuine. if it goes to a full hearing they will ask your wife a good set of questions about ur past life & immigration and then call you with the same questions. If there's no concerning discrepancy you will win. It will all come down to preparation. good luck to you and all the people suffering from unfair/unjust wait times. waiting 3-5 years in a genuine marriage is ridiculous

Reactions: Umer.f