May 25, 2013
timeline
won appeal in Toronto in Dec 2015
Ottawa contacted me in April for updated forms
and sent it all
since then i heard nothing from them
3 months since i submitted their requirements

why is it taking sooo long ??

the entire processing times for a brand new sponsoprship in Cairo office is 13 months
and we been waiting for more than 7 months now
this is mind blowing

soblue3

Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
20-06-2014 denied Nov 1, 2014 application for appeal sent nov 15, 2014
Passport Req..
blue book received march 2015
HAMADA_EGYPT said:
timeline
won appeal in Toronto in Dec 2015
Ottawa contacted me in April for updated forms
and sent it all
since then i heard nothing from them
3 months since i submitted their requirements

why is it taking sooo long ??

the entire processing times for a brand new sponsoprship in Cairo office is 13 months
and we been waiting for more than 7 months now
this is mind blowing
its been 10 month since appeal for us now...and more than 7 months since we submitted all the required documents.

HAMADA_EGYPT

Star Member
May 25, 2013
soblue3 said:
its been 10 month since appeal for us now...and more than 7 months since we submitted all the required documents.
Hi there
I notcied that your husband is Tunisian so why are u dealing with Paris office ??
It should be the Canadian embassy in Tunisia not in Paris , France

I feel bad for all of us
You know , that u won in Sep 2015 so its gonna be one year of waiting this coming September , when the processing times for both Tunisia is 8 months and for Paris is 9 months which means , the people who starting a brand new sponsorship wont wait that long like u , this is unbelievable
Why this long friend ??

Vlil

Jan 7, 2016
Tunisia
Federal Skilled Workers, Federal Skilled Trades and Canadian Experience Class: Express Entry
All other applications: Paris
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp#t

HAMADA_EGYPT

Star Member
May 25, 2013
HII GUYS DID ANYBODY READ THIS ON CIC WEBSITE ???
IT WAS POSTED A MONTH AGO , HERE U GO FOLKS , THIS EXPLAINS THE LONG WAIT WE ALL SUFFER

Notice – Government addresses spousal backlog and wait times
Ottawa, June 13, 2016 – As part of its commitment to family reunification, the Government of Canada will grant permanent residence to more spouses, partners and dependent children of Canadian citizens and permanent residents this year. This will significantly reduce the backlog of existing applications and speed up processing times going forward.

Each year, the Government sets how many permanent residents Canada intends to admit through its various immigration categories during the year. This is done with the annual immigration levels plan. The plan for 2016 reflects the Government's key priorities for immigration, which include bringing more families together.

This year, the Government increased the number of spaces allowed for spouses, partners and dependent children by 14 000, bringing it up to 62 000 spaces.

Over the past few years, more people have applied to come to Canada in the spousal category than there was space for in previous immigration levels plans; this has created a backlog. This year, the Government will reduce this backlog.

Tackling the spousal backlog will ease the uncertainty faced by spouses and partners wanting to move forward and build their lives in Canada with their family and help them integrate into our communities and our economy.

Increasing the number of admission spaces for spouses and partners is one of the measures the Government has taken to support family reunification. Through Budget 2016, $25 million was also allocated to support faster and more predictable processing times for family sponsorship.

What this means for applicants
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has begun to work on reducing its current spousal sponsorship backlog.

Reducing the backlog means complete and straightforward spousal sponsorship applications will be finalized faster.

The backlog reduction applies to applications received through the family class (overseas processing) as well as the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class (in-Canada processing).

All applications will continue to undergo the necessary screening to ensure that individuals do not pose a health, safety or security risk to Canadians and that the relationships are genuine.

If you have already submitted an application to sponsor your spouse or partner, IRCC may contact you to advise you if we need additional information to help process your application. You do not need to contact us, but please make sure your file is up to date.

If you are contacted, please respond to any communication you receive from us within the time frame provided in order to ensure that we can properly process your application. The success of our efforts relies on your cooperation.

If you have not yet submitted an application to sponsor your spouse or partner but plan to do so, the application will not be dealt with as part of our backlog reduction efforts, but it will be processed as quickly as possible.

IRCC's work to reduce the backlog will eventually benefit all spousal applicants—whether they are already in the backlog or submitting a new application—by bringing down wait times for all.

Find general information on family sponsorship, and find answers to your questions at the Help Centre.

Reactions: Alicee

soblue3

Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
20-06-2014 denied Nov 1, 2014 application for appeal sent nov 15, 2014
Passport Req..
blue book received march 2015
HAMADA_EGYPT said:
Hi there
I notcied that your husband is Tunisian so why are u dealing with Paris office ??
It should be the Canadian embassy in Tunisia not in Paris , France

I feel bad for all of us
You know , that u won in Sep 2015 so its gonna be one year of waiting this coming September , when the processing times for both Tunisia is 8 months and for Paris is 9 months which means , the people who starting a brand new sponsorship wont wait that long like u , this is unbelievable
Why this long friend ??
Hi Hamada
Yes the original office was Paris..it is the visa office for Tunisia even though Canada has its embassy in Tunis. After the appeal the file went to Ottawa...i think this is part of the problem..as Ottawa is backed up. Originally, i was told that the processing time there was 17 months..thats what the they said to my MP. Now it went down to 13 months...i guess we are not a priority. I was specifically told that since we had an appeal we do not fit into the same category as the new applicants and there was no maximum processing time. Also, i am speculating that since our file is in the stage of security checks on my husband it can take a while because of where he is from. I have ordered the notes..should get them in about 3 weeks so i can actually see if and when the cic asked for security checks. Once i know its been more than 177 days with Csis i will write an inquiry to them.

Vlil

Jan 7, 2016
tony000 said:
23 Months ? how come ? Was thr Delays in your case ?
What's so surprising? It is just a bit above average processing time for those who appeal to IRB in Vancouver, but don't live in Vancouver or BC (or Lower Mainland) - Alberta, Saskatchevan, etc. Toronto is much longer that that, for example.
tony000 said:
where was Application Originally Submitted ?
Moscow. But this doesn't make any difference in the appeal process.

PS Received a request for updated forms and medical exam just yesterday. The file has been transferred to Warsaw, as Moscow doesn't process any PR application anymore.

HAMADA_EGYPT

Star Member
May 25, 2013
soblue3 said:
Hi Hamada
Yes the original office was Paris..it is the visa office for Tunisia even though Canada has its embassy in Tunis. After the appeal the file went to Ottawa...i think this is part of the problem..as Ottawa is backed up. Originally, i was told that the processing time there was 17 months..thats what the they said to my MP. Now it went down to 13 months...i guess we are not a priority. I was specifically told that since we had an appeal we do not fit into the same category as the new applicants and there was no maximum processing time. Also, i am speculating that since our file is in the stage of security checks on my husband it can take a while because of where he is from. I have ordered the notes..should get them in about 3 weeks so i can actually see if and when the cic asked for security checks. Once i know its been more than 177 days with Csis i will write an inquiry to them.
lets keep on praying , thats all we can do
hopefully when u get the notes , u will learn all u need

Reactions: Alicee

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
Dec 16, 2014 ... refused -- Appeal Jan 8, 2016 ... ALLOWED :)
HAMADA_EGYPT said:
HII GUYS DID ANYBODY READ THIS ON CIC WEBSITE ???
IT WAS POSTED A MONTH AGO , HERE U GO FOLKS , THIS EXPLAINS THE LONG WAIT WE ALL SUFFER

Notice – Government addresses spousal backlog and wait times
Ottawa, June 13, 2016 – As part of its commitment to family reunification, the Government of Canada will grant permanent residence to more spouses, partners and dependent children of Canadian citizens and permanent residents this year. This will significantly reduce the backlog of existing applications and speed up processing times going forward.

Each year, the Government sets how many permanent residents Canada intends to admit through its various immigration categories during the year. This is done with the annual immigration levels plan. The plan for 2016 reflects the Government's key priorities for immigration, which include bringing more families together.

This year, the Government increased the number of spaces allowed for spouses, partners and dependent children by 14 000, bringing it up to 62 000 spaces.

Over the past few years, more people have applied to come to Canada in the spousal category than there was space for in previous immigration levels plans; this has created a backlog. This year, the Government will reduce this backlog.

Tackling the spousal backlog will ease the uncertainty faced by spouses and partners wanting to move forward and build their lives in Canada with their family and help them integrate into our communities and our economy.

Increasing the number of admission spaces for spouses and partners is one of the measures the Government has taken to support family reunification. Through Budget 2016, $25 million was also allocated to support faster and more predictable processing times for family sponsorship.

What this means for applicants
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has begun to work on reducing its current spousal sponsorship backlog.

Reducing the backlog means complete and straightforward spousal sponsorship applications will be finalized faster.

The backlog reduction applies to applications received through the family class (overseas processing) as well as the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class (in-Canada processing).

All applications will continue to undergo the necessary screening to ensure that individuals do not pose a health, safety or security risk to Canadians and that the relationships are genuine.

If you have already submitted an application to sponsor your spouse or partner, IRCC may contact you to advise you if we need additional information to help process your application. You do not need to contact us, but please make sure your file is up to date.

If you are contacted, please respond to any communication you receive from us within the time frame provided in order to ensure that we can properly process your application. The success of our efforts relies on your cooperation.

If you have not yet submitted an application to sponsor your spouse or partner but plan to do so, the application will not be dealt with as part of our backlog reduction efforts, but it will be processed as quickly as possible.

IRCC's work to reduce the backlog will eventually benefit all spousal applicants—whether they are already in the backlog or submitting a new application—by bringing down wait times for all.

Find general information on family sponsorship, and find answers to your questions at the Help Centre.
But does this only apply to existing applications ... or applications that have been appealed?

Dawud

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
hello guys, i would like to apply visitor visa while my PR appeal is in process, my question is can i apply visitor visa while my PR appeal process is going
my second question is i am still student and did not have any job,did you think they will grant me the visitor visa

please replay thanks

SV670

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
App. Filed.......
26-Jan-2012
Doc's Request.
26-Jan-2013
Interview........
25-June-2014
Dawud said:
hello guys, i would like to apply visitor visa while my PR appeal is in process, my question is can i apply visitor visa while my PR appeal process is going
my second question is i am still student and did not have any job,did you think they will grant me the visitor visa

please replay thanks
Hi Dawud,

Chances of getting visitor's Visa are almost certainly "NIL". Am not trying to give you scary picture, but the reality.

SV670

2016jimi

Jul 10, 2016
Do anyone have any experience to share regarding of ADR's witnesses.

I know visitors are not allowed into ADR conferences.

My question is:

Do witnesses going into the conference room with the appellant at the same time?

or are they testify separately no in the same room?

Dawud

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
SV670 said:
Hi Dawud,

Chances of getting visitor's Visa are almost certainly "NIL". Am not trying to give you scary picture, but the reality.

SV670
ohhh,i will try it,may be am one of the luckiest people
thanks sv670