+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

Erum.shahzadi

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
I can only tell you my personal experience with a hearing. My lawyer started off asking me questions about our relationship. By answering his questions, we set the stage for the judge so she had a good understanding of how the foundation of our relationship was built. i thought Minister's Council would bring up points that the officer at the interview had written in her notes, but that was not the case. She asked more questions about my life and my husband's life (day to day) so that when they called my husband, they could compare his answers to mine. Minister's Council at my hearing was not as nice as most (my lawyer's words) but I did not for a minute feel afraid, nervous, nothing. If your relationship is genuine, you will easily be able to show everyone in the room that you are, in fact, in a "real relationship". Minister's Council will try and find anything to poke holes in your story (during my hearing she said there was no flight ticket for one of our trips and she was questioning this) my lawyer leafed through our paperwork and pointed out it was photocopied and in my file pn page #62. It is not hard to prove your case if it is real. If I knew what I know now, I would not have spent so much time worried about the hearing. The judges in these hearings are usually sympathetic and kind and are not there to ruin your life, but present to help you explain your love story, that's all. You will be just fine.
Thank you so much for your response. I am super nervous because of the tricky questions. You are right though because i know my marriage is genuine i will be confident. its just frustrating to prove your genuine marriage and still they doubt you. i have about 500 pages of our whatsapp chats, skype and call logs, 100+ photos, all our health related documents (for when i was staying with him) and travel documents. Should i take anything else? would this be good enough?

Also what type of day to day type questions did the minister council ask? does the judge ask anything?

mex88

Star Member
Sep 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What mean alternative dispute. Resolution conference
It is ADR, which means you will meet with the Ministers council to try to resolve the reasons of your rejections. This is an informal meeting. They normally give it to rejected cases which are not very complex.

Alicee

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
Interview........
17-05-2017
Our nightmare is not over, our file was sent back to Morocco to be processed but they haven't sent us the email to update our medical or police check. They haven't reopened it yet!! More waiting!!!
My husband has arrived in canada on feb 17,2020. All praise to Allah, our nightmare is over.

Hope-19

Star Member
Jan 1, 2019
My husband had his interview on april 10, 2019. We got refusal on Aug 2019 and our appeal is coming up in March 2020. in our ATIP the visa officer indicated that our marriage is not genuine along with that she was not satisfied with both the PR and SPR answers as they were not consistent. BUT she never called me. ?? how can the visa officer lie?? What can i say or do in order to win my appeal using this point. (my husband is in pakistan and i here in canada)
Visa officers lie all the time - I guess they are allowed to. I would show in the GCMS notes/appeal record that you were never called - they should have interview notes for you as well if they are saying they called you. (Did they fabricate notes for your interview, or are there none there?) I would write a complaint to the CIC saying that you were never called and they lied and said that your were . At our appeal our lawyer said she knew that the minister's counsel knew the visa officers' made up our interview, but they couldn't admit it because then people could say "they are all crooked". They were supposed to call me too according to the GCMS notes, but no one did and no notes were entered saying they did either. My husband's interview notes were fabricated and put in by a different visa officer over 2 months later. Both my husband and I told the minister's counsel and the judge at the hearing that they made up that interview and they didn't say a word to defend them or tried to accuse us of lying. If you cannot prove they lied it is probably best not to say they did because "they" probably believe everyone will say the visa officer lied. (In our case we could- they said my husband didn't have a job and we provided another letter from his boss asking them to contact them with his work contract, they also said our marriage wasn't accepted by the family because there were few if any pictures - we submitted a binder of pictures with his family which was included with the application. They said my husband didn't know my family - we submitted emails and chats where he was talking about them. They said I only visited him a few times - I visited him 8 times staying at least a month each time - passport stamps and boarding passes were in the application). The visa officer(s) didn't even send in any affidavits or anything to prove their case or try to say they were telling the truth - my lawyer received nothing! Also, if you are going to accuse them of lying (if you have proof) you should write complaints to the CIC and include them with your appeal (I included 3 of them - if you check on Can Lii the judge will ask you why you didn't put in a complaint if they lied and will tend to believe the visa officers if you don't submit a complaint). I would make it plain that they never called you so how can they be refusing you by saying your answers were not consistent with his. Do you have a lawyer? You probably will just win the appeal by saying consistent answers at the hearing as it is a de novo hearing, but if it were me I would make it plain to the judge and minister's counsel that they never called me. I would also put in a complaint to the CIC. It is sad to think of how many people they likely get away with doing this stuff too, because some people don't appeal and just apply again. If they don't get the appeal record or order the notes they probably aren't aware of all the lies that were told about them, as a lot of times they don't explain anything in the refusal note and it is just generic.

MrsWang

Jan 20, 2020
It is ADR, which means you will meet with the Ministers council to try to resolve the reasons of your rejections. This is an informal meeting. They normally give it to rejected cases which are not very complex.
I called IAD Vancouver and they gave me inconsistent information, like my case is likely to go to ADR, and I didn't need a lawyer. However my lawyer reviewed our case and felt that ADR is a slim chance. The lawyer is experienced and been to many appeals, so far I'm happy with his helping us prep for the hearing.

Reactions: mex88

Gourav kapoor

Jan 9, 2020
My lawyer said 2-4 months but who really knows? No two cases are the same. I am at the same stage you are. I submitted requested documents last week and have not heard anything since.
[/QUOT
Hi i won my appeal on oct 30 2019 . And i got request for updated documents and medical on jan 9 2020 . My wife submitted everything on Jan 25 2020 . But i haven't receive anything after that . Can you plz share your no. So i can ask something in person about where i can check gc key status . Thanks