+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

shyori

Feb 5, 2020
Would you mind sharing..did you get email from Missisauga or Ottawa..
When they requested documents, they gave me the Mississauga address so I would assume they’re processing the application over there atm.

Also I had to check my gc-key for updates because I wasn’t receiving anything by email.

Zettty1980

Star Member
May 22, 2019
Congrats Samola, pls can you give me a number i can reach u on, I'll like to ask u some questions regarding how u filed ur appeal. thanks
Congratulations. My husband submitted his passport today. So hopefully we ll get it sent back with the visa soon. Please i wanted to ask, how long did it take for accra to send back your pp. The people at the VFSGLOBAL office in Lagos told my husband it could take 30days. Did it take that long

Daddywayne_42

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Congrats Samola, pls can you give me a number i can reach u on, I'll like to ask u some questions regarding how u filed ur appeal. thanks
Congratulations big bro, wishing you all the best as everything is starting to fall in place for you and your family out there . Best of luck and regards to your family Sir .

Bhutz94

Jul 13, 2018
I got mine on January 28 from the minister’s council and then the decision letter on January 31. File then re-opened on Tuesday February 11.
I got my letter jan 8 then 2 weeks after file reopened and no still waiting :(
I already asked my MP for help

Erum.shahzadi

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
Hello all,

I am seeking help in regards to my spouse sponsorship application. We got married on Feb 2016.
My case was refused once in 2017 because of legal documentation issues. We hired an immigration lawyer and she reapplied in march 2018 after completing all proper documentation. My husband went for an interview on march 2019 and in july 2019 our case was refused again because the interviewer wasnt satisfied and declared that our marriage was not genuine.

A little about my past: I was married before in 2013 but got divorced about 6 months after. I reside in Canada. I got married to my husband (now) in 2016. who resides in Pakistan.

Now the interviewer mentioned in the ATIP that our marriage is not genuine because she believes that in pakistan culture it is odd that a man who has never been married gets married to a divorced woman. She wasnt satisfied with my husbands answers as to why he chose to marry me.

I filed for an appeal and my appeal date is coming soon in March 2020

Please help me and provide guidance in what kind of evidence or what i should present in order to win the appeal.

My husband and i have been struggling for 4 years, financially broke with paying travel fees (i visit him often) lawyer fees and now the appeal. We havent been able to get pregnant because of the stress and the fact that i am constantly back and forth from canada to pakistan. I am going into depression and visit a physchiatrist.

Please help me. advise me.

I would appreciate all the help.

Reactions: ginabrigi

Erum.shahzadi

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
We won our appeal in Montreal yesterday (1 year, 1 month and 10 days after refusal). We told them what we thought about the lying visa officer(s) and the Minister's Counsel didn't say one thing in defense of them. The Minister's Counsel said she had no problem allowing the appeal after talking to my husband and the judge said she agreed. Good luck to everyone still fighting!!!
My husband had his interview on april 10, 2019. We got refusal on Aug 2019 and our appeal is coming up in March 2020. in our ATIP the visa officer indicated that our marriage is not genuine along with that she was not satisfied with both the PR and SPR answers as they were not consistent. BUT she never called me. ?? how can the visa officer lie?? What can i say or do in order to win my appeal using this point. (my husband is in pakistan and i here in canada)

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Hello all,

I am seeking help in regards to my spouse sponsorship application. We got married on Feb 2016.
My case was refused once in 2017 because of legal documentation issues. We hired an immigration lawyer and she reapplied in march 2018 after completing all proper documentation. My husband went for an interview on march 2019 and in july 2019 our case was refused again because the interviewer wasnt satisfied and declared that our marriage was not genuine.

A little about my past: I was married before in 2013 but got divorced about 6 months after. I reside in Canada. I got married to my husband (now) in 2016. who resides in Pakistan.

Now the interviewer mentioned in the ATIP that our marriage is not genuine because she believes that in pakistan culture it is odd that a man who has never been married gets married to a divorced woman. She wasnt satisfied with my husbands answers as to why he chose to marry me.

I filed for an appeal and my appeal date is coming soon in March 2020

Please help me and provide guidance in what kind of evidence or what i should present in order to win the appeal.

My husband and i have been struggling for 4 years, financially broke with paying travel fees (i visit him often) lawyer fees and now the appeal. We havent been able to get pregnant because of the stress and the fact that i am constantly back and forth from canada to pakistan. I am going into depression and visit a physchiatrist.

Please help me. advise me.

I would appreciate all the help.
I'm not an expert, however I would include all the information you listed above since the appeal as further evidence of your love and relationship together. Proof such as pictures and conversations plane tickets etc.

I'm sorry to hear about your depression. I've been there myself. Even though it's hard to go through I'd also let them know about it during the interview.

You did not say much about your husbands side. Therefore I'd ask you to have him detail his experience during this trying time as well. Good luck next month

Last edited:

Erum.shahzadi

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
I'm not an expert, however I would include all the information you listed above since the appeal as further evidence of your love and relationship together. Proof such as pictures and conversations plane tickets etc.

I'm sorry to hear about your depression. I've been there myself. Even though it's hard to go through I'd also let them know about it during the interview.

You did not say much about your husbands side. Therefore I'd ask you to have him detail his experience during this trying time as well. Good luck next month
did you also appeal?
how does the proceeding take place? Are both my husband and I going to be questioned? and to what extent? like what type of questions are there?

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
did you also appeal?
how does the proceeding take place? Are both my husband and I going to be questioned? and to what extent? like what type of questions are there?
No I've never appealed. One of the others might be able to answer. Or go through the thread lots of valuable information in regards in this thread. I just like to read :) and understand things even if it has nothing to do with my current situation. I'm applying to sponsor my husband. Just keeping busy.

I do know a few things about sponsorship and filling out forms etc. I only answer if I can contribute positively to the individuals question.

Teepayne

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
did you also appeal?
I can only tell you my personal experience with a hearing. My lawyer started off asking me questions about our relationship. By answering his questions, we set the stage for the judge so she had a good understanding of how the foundation of our relationship was built. i thought Minister's Council would bring up points that the officer at the interview had written in her notes, but that was not the case. She asked more questions about my life and my husband's life (day to day) so that when they called my husband, they could compare his answers to mine. Minister's Council at my hearing was not as nice as most (my lawyer's words) but I did not for a minute feel afraid, nervous, nothing. If your relationship is genuine, you will easily be able to show everyone in the room that you are, in fact, in a "real relationship". Minister's Council will try and find anything to poke holes in your story (during my hearing she said there was no flight ticket for one of our trips and she was questioning this) my lawyer leafed through our paperwork and pointed out it was photocopied and in my file pn page #62. It is not hard to prove your case if it is real. If I knew what I know now, I would not have spent so much time worried about the hearing. The judges in these hearings are usually sympathetic and kind and are not there to ruin your life, but present to help you explain your love story, that's all. You will be just fine.