Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
Landing_PR said:
Ajax MP (and his staff) is very helpful. I was told to follow up in 2 weeks as well. I will follow up on Monday since I can't wait until next Friday.
great, Inshallah we all get good news soon from CIC. Please keep us posted about any outcome regarding the application

Landing_PR

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
Dec 10, 15
Doc's Request.
Sept 28, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 3, 2015/Re-Med: April 25, 2017
Interview........
15-05-2017
alijumani said:
great, Inshallah we all get good news soon from CIC. Please keep us posted about any outcome regarding the application
I'm a little disappointed with CIC since today marks 60 days.

I just want to know, either way the result. Whether it's a yes or a no.

UPDATE: I was contacted by my MP to let me know that a decision is due next week. Inshallah I'm hoping for a great news.

Hira389

Apr 5, 2016
Hello. I need your kind / experienced advice on filling up the IMM5257E form. I am a Pakistani passport holder but I'm applying from Germany where i came on spouse visa. I am now confused about what to write in Status in country of residence. Should I put foreignerr there or should i select others and then write spouse visa?

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
Hira389 said:
Hello. I need your kind / experienced advice on filling up the IMM5257E form. I am a Pakistani passport holder but I'm applying from Germany where i came on spouse visa. I am now confused about what to write in Status in country of residence. Should I put foreignerr there or should i select others and then write spouse visa?
Is it your spouse visa is permanent or temporary. If it is temporary I would recommend you to apply from Pakistan where you can provide more ties.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
alijumani said:
Is it your spouse visa is permanent or temporary. If it is temporary I would recommend you to apply from Pakistan where you can provide more ties.
The precise recommendation is "if you have been admitted to a country for a period of year or longer, you can apply from there". This automatically disqualifies a six month trv. Most likely a spousal visa in Germany is valid for longer. So one should be good to apply from there.

I don't think any of the choices make much of a difference. You do not have residence status in Germany. Choosing Other and then specifying the type as Spouse dependent is more precise but shouldn't be a problem even if you write just a foreigner.

AsifSameer

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
AOA Guys

i need some information for super visa Application

my parents medical has been done in March and now day before yesterday CIC send a letter for Medical .

we are not sure why they send the medical request again or they didn't receive the our 1st medical that did in march.

so please guide us how can we reply back to CIC for medical query ?

and how can we know that our medical has been forward to CIC or not

please

Thanks & jazakalla Khair

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
AsifSameer said:
AOA Guys

i need some information for super visa Application

my parents medical has been done in March and now day before yesterday CIC send a letter for Medical .

we are not sure why they send the medical request again or they didn't receive the our 1st medical that did in march.

so please guide us how can we reply back to CIC for medical query ?

and how can we know that our medical has been forward to CIC or not

please

Thanks & jazakalla Khair
Asif is this the same letter which your parents got as an initial medical request? If not then it must have instruction for any furtherance test required by CIC before reaching into final decision.

Pk5

Apr 26, 2016
alijumani said:
Inshallah coming week will bring good news for all of us. Keeping fingers crossed
Hi ,
i am from indian , would u like to help me for trv refusal?
If ,not dont very .
Thanks again.
pk

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
Pk5 said:
Hi ,
i am from indian , would u like to help me for trv refusal?
If ,not dont very .
Thanks again.
pk
I am not an expert but, I will certainly try to help you with my best. Can you please share the reason for refusal also the list of documents you submitted

majid.rasool

Feb 14, 2015
Dear All,

I am Phd student at McGill university, i applied for my wife last year as SPOUSE OPEN work Permit. But we got rejected due to my study permit expiry. I renewed all the documents and applied again with TRV including all the ties and requirements.

However, this time my wife received a call from embassy saying that you should withdraw your application as you are not eligible for TRV. The lady on the phone mentioned that she was speaking from visa section from Islamabad embassy and suggested to apply again for Spouse open work permit. She said we are not rejecting your visa this time, so you will receive an email regarding this issue as well, but haven't received any email after 1 week.

Please if someone can guide us, that what we should do.

Regards,
Majid Rasool

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
majid.rasool said:
Dear All,

I am Phd student at McGill university, i applied for my wife last year as SPOUSE OPEN work Permit. But we got rejected due to my study permit expiry. I renewed all the documents and applied again with TRV including all the ties and requirements.

However, this time my wife received a call from embassy saying that you should withdraw your application as you are not eligible for TRV. The lady on the phone mentioned that she was speaking from visa section from Islamabad embassy and suggested to apply again for Spouse open work permit. She said we are not rejecting your visa this time, so you will receive an email regarding this issue as well, but haven't received any email after 1 week.

Please if someone can guide us, that what we should do.

Regards,
Majid Rasool
This is very unique situation. CIC usually do not call for this kind of info I would say contact your area's MP and ask him/her to get you insight of an application. When did your spouse applied for TRV?

golfer

May 5, 2016
Dear Members,

My mother applied for Canada Visit/Tourist visa back in January 15th 2016 and send the paperwork to Islamabad and receive conformation that they have got everything.
Its been more then four months and we Inquire last week and they say it's still in process. She have had Canadian visa many times in the past and always get passport back with visa in 45days. She also have Valid USA visa stamped on her passport. My question is :

1: Is this normal ?
2: What can cause the delay.
3: How they can hold someone's passport for 4 months when they have travel plans to other country too. I am in USA she wants to come to me too and my Other Brother is in Canada. I can probably get her Green card for this long of a wait what they are doing with visitor visa. And i might do that to avoid this experience in feature.

Any help or comments on the subject would be appreciated.

Thanks
Faisal.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
alijumani said:
This is very unique situation. CIC usually do not call for this kind of info I would say contact your area's MP and ask him/her to get you insight of an application. When did your spouse applied for TRV?
Not really unique. They just meant NOT TO APPLY FOR VISITOR TRV. It is hard to differentiate between the two in terms of intention but they are as follows:

Visitor TRV: Short visit of six months or less. Does not require medicals, you are not covered in Canada for medical either. Shorter processing time.
Resident TRV: Stay as long as the principal applicant (spouse, child etc.) - longer than six months. Requires medical in home country but also gets you coverage in Canada. Longer processing time.

Spousal open work permit by default is the same as resident TRV with additional authorization allowing to work.

Normally when people say TRV they mean the visitor one.

In this case, since the principal applicant is a student in Canada and his spouse intends to live with him / her for as long as he is there, it automatically means he should NOT APPLY FOR VISITOR TRV.

So simply, reapply for spousal open work permit addressing all of CIC's concerns they gave in the first refusal. Many times they just miss some document and approve it in the second go. If you are really cautious, get gcms notes first and then reapply SOWP addressing their concerns causing refusal in the first place.

There is no reason / sense in applying for Visitor TRV in this scenario. CIC has been really nice to inform you (applicant) of this though.

Hira389

Apr 5, 2016
Hello Members

I submitted my Visitor visa online from germany and got passport request mail in 6 days. Now i need the help with the steps involved in sending the fees and passport.

Thanks.