fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
You are most welcome @Ali Rizwan. The basic percentages written are one thing, and the effective deductions you end up with - is another.

For a rough average, a 90k annual salary (which is considered quite good) would effectively leave you with 60-64k.

Basically if your employer provides you with additional medical coverage and even if employer pays for it, it is a taxable benefit. So that amount paid by employer is added to your compensation BEFORE computation of tax.

Generally speaking for earnings in 80-90K range, tax deduction is around 37% effectively (though at year end you might get a significant chunk back when you file return - say on the 90k figure, it should roughly be close to 5k - depending upon what sorts of exemptions you would claim - but for a person with non working spouse and kids and this salary range, 5k is a good estimate).

These figures would vary from province to province. Above estimates are for Quebec, Ontario is a bit less with taxes (instead of 65 - it should be around 60).

But other things compensate that. E.g. car insurance in Ontario is around 300 CAD on average vs for a person of similar profile in Quebec would be 100 per month.

Of course with lower salaries, taxes are far less. So you get far less advantage when getting higher pays.

Bonuses if any are taxed at close to 47% flat.

I believe that gives you a good feel.

bishista1

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
Doc's Request.
In Process: 29 July, 2016
AOR Received.
AoR1 on 14-06-2016, AoR2: 02-08-2016
File Transfer...
22-07-2016
Med's Done....
25-03-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully by mid December 2016
Dear friends,
As I am in a critical situation, I need your suggestion for TRV. I was banned by the Visa Office for two years counting from APRIL 2014 under the charge of misrepresentation against the Federal Skilled Worker Program. Now, my spouse living in Canada has been undergoing medical treatment and need to do a serious surgery in which she wants me to take care of her. The doctor has advised her to come with close family member/friend on the day of surgery. How can I accompany my spouse in such a critical situation?

Please advise me if I can apply for the TRV even when I have already been banned for two years to enter into Canada.

Regards,

rock_khan

Jul 2, 2011
Kuwait
Visa Office......
London.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/8/09
Doc's Request.
5/5/10
IELTS Request
N/R
Med's Request
7/1/13
Med's Done....
20/1/13
Interview........
19/11/12
Passport Req..
26/07/13
VISA ISSUED...
01/09/13
LANDED..........
23/09/13
My mother applied for SUPER VISA on 20th June 2014 but due to some reason we never received any medical checkup request within 50 working days (after applying) so i decided to contact Canadian Embassy in Islamabad and they said they sent a medical request on 22nd July 2014.

Now what i want to ask if there is any way to get urgent appointment date for medical exam ? Also it is convenient for her to go to Islamabad and get medicals done but due to political situation in Islamabad,is it safe and sound to go and give medical exams in ISLBD ?

And after giving the medicals,how much time does the whole procedure take (from medicals being sent to embassy and getting visa on passport) ?

Will appreciate if i can get the reply A.S.A.P !

Regards .........

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
bishista1 said:
Dear friends,
As I am in a critical situation, I need your suggestion for TRV. I was banned by the Visa Office for two years counting from APRIL 2014 under the charge of misrepresentation against the Federal Skilled Worker Program. Now, my spouse living in Canada has been undergoing medical treatment and need to do a serious surgery in which she wants me to take care of her. The doctor has advised her to come with close family member/friend on the day of surgery. How can I accompany my spouse in such a critical situation?

Please advise me if I can apply for the TRV even when I have already been banned for two years to enter into Canada.

Regards,
I have no idea, how severely they take it. But if i was in your shoes i would apply providing

a) Detailed evidence of my spouse's condition and HER NEED. In general Canada's health care is quite self sufficient so for VO's there it is of no importance that a spouse be there for e.g. at the time of a delivery. So your opinion, "she wants me to take care of her", won't value much unless you could show on genuine grounds with proof that she would really need you to take care of her there.

b) If there was any chance of clearing up the misrepresentation you did earlier with proof, it might help. I don't know what you did. But may be that helps.

This is just personal opinion. I won't say you seem to have a good chance without knowing details of misrepresentation or details of VO GCMS notes of prior ban.

hladha

Aug 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad/London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2013
AOR Received.
August 2013
File Transfer...
Jan 2014 to London office
Med's Request
10 Dec 2014 (done)
Interview........
19 Jan 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19 Jan 2015
LANDED..........
25 Jan 2015
assassin said:
My wife did her medical in Lahore. It seems impossible to get a hold of anyone in Islamabad. They are not answering phone or returning the email. You can go directly to the DMP in Lahore and they will give you an appointment.
Can you please share what supporting docs did you send with the trv application?
Also congratulations! You are one lucky man! Mine was rejected twice :(

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
Hi Sadia Jialil,

It is great if you share your experience and documentation preparation so that you successfully got visa for you and 2 kids because I am almost the same your situation. I want to go to study in Canada along with 2 kids and my husband working at home country.

Thank for your help, Thang

sadia jalil said:
I am here in BC on TRV for two years on student status. I am a masters student in 2 years program in health. I arrived here in October 2013 along my 2 kids, one 10 years old and other 5 years old.....I have completed one semester, now I want to call my 2 daughters to me they are 14 and 13 years old, they are with my husband in Pakistan. please guide me how should I apply for them with minimum chances of rejection...? If I find admission for them in private schools and than call them here on study permit? will they still be considered as my dependents or not...?.I am looking for the answer for more than a month, but from every forum I got adviced to contact other forum.....please reply me if anyone can guide me better...I will be very grateful....
secondly I am guiding Pakistani students and assisting them in getting admission at BC institutes....if anyone wants help please feel free to ask ....

pfintl

Aug 18, 2014
AOA every 1 on board

I have very important question before i start attestation with BISE and HEC

I have already attested secondary and intermediate transcript and degrees from BISE and i also have attested transcripts and degrees from HEC
I have attested all these in 2011

Now my question is

can i ask BISE and HEC to seal ,stamp and sign my documents which are already attested by them in 2011

secondly what about WES would they accept documents attested in 2011 or they would require for fresh attestation of transcripts and degrees?
your earliest reply would be highly appreciated...Thanks

Junash

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello guys,

I need your help.. my parents have canadian temporary visa and they will be going canada next year..however they also want to visit usa but they dont have US visa..I want to ask whether they can apply for usa visa from canada during their stay in Canada? or they have apply from pakistan? can any one share relevant infor or guidelines?

WHJ

Apr 22, 2009
Dear experienced members and waqar ahmad, please guide me for successful TRV with my case.

I want to apply for TRV to visit my brother (he went with study permit after finishing education, got work permit and now he has applied for his PR).
My details
1. I am a govt. officer. ( its just been 9 months i have joined govt. service as permanent employee)
2. my govt monthly salary is 32k after cutting.
3. i have the pay stubs.
4. i own two Bahia town plots of 125 sq.yard each. Total worth of 34lacs but its on installment payment of 90k every 3 month for each plot.
5. there is some land on my name in my village, which gives me 6 lacs every year.
6. i am turning 31 coming feb in 2015.
7. i have employment letter from my department.
8. i have balance of around 9 lacs in my bank account.
9. i had applied for TRV back in 2010 when i was working in pvt sector but i was denied TRV, so this is going to be my 2nd time.

I want to know how can i go with my case this time. Any other things to put or suggestions from experience members are most welcome.
Thanks

waqar.ahmad150

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2015 (Online)
Passport Req..
22-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015 (Multiple 4 Years)
LANDED..........
Landed
Dear WHJ,

What was reason of your first refusal.

Bank statement/property docs are sub parts of trv case.

Can you answer the following info.

your travel history
what is your clear purpose of travel
your status single/married

etc etc

WHJ

Apr 22, 2009
Dear Waqar,

MY purpose of earlier refusal was not enough ties blah blah reason to home country.

my travel history
i have travelled to Dubai
Purpose of travel
tourism spend my coming vacations there.
my current status is
i am engaged right now but going to get married next year :)

Thanks for the reply and your further guidance would help.

waqar.ahmad150

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2015 (Online)
Passport Req..
22-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015 (Multiple 4 Years)
LANDED..........
Landed
Dear WHJ,

From your detail, i would advise you some important info for your trv:

-Make your travel history stronger.....Only UAE visa has no worth.....you should visit some other countries like Europe, UK etc.
-Only tourism is not a solid purpose of travel for Canadian trv. If you want to get TRV on tourism purpose then first visits said countries on tourism purpose.

- your bank assets are good for trv and other visas.

safa.umair

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
What does it mean when visa office asks to do medicals again? I received a request today in the mail! Does this indicate ppr is soon? This is regarding my husbands immigration