Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
altafhussaine said:
Right dear friends, the Embassy refused my application for the reasons that:
1) I don't have intentions to come back to Pakistan
2) That I don't have enough funding to support myself in Canada

This is very common to hear I guess. I have clearly stated in my application that I have a family here in Pakistan and they are not going with me, that is why I will come back. About the funding, I have $100,000 cash available from Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada, all vividly mentioned in the offer letter

They are asking me to reapply, I don't what is it that I may change in my retry. This is just insane and or totally lethargic by this ignorant apathetic malaise.
It might be harder to know what's the actual cause. The answer is generic. I would say apply for notes first to see the cause.

a) When you said you have family, do you mean wife / kids? Parents or siblings aren't exactly treated as family ties.
b) May be they were not satisfied with the funding available. Just a letter probably is not sufficient. I don't know how that works in detail since i dont have a study visa profile - but finances usually need detailed evidence - probably more than just a letter from the funding body.

c) To prove ties better - i believe you should have attached experience letters in Pakistan (i assume you must have been working), pay slips, even bank statement showing pay regularly transferred to your account. If you prove you can earn well in home country - it serves as a strong tie as it won't be worthwhile for such a person to stay illegally in Canada.

Hope that helps.

wasim7777

May 22, 2014
fkl said:
It is close to impossible. You have to prove ties to home country - where there are none. Young guys - won't have lucrative jobs or business back home, nor bank balances etc. PLUS the rest of their family (parents will be going along with their sponsoring sibling).

Unless it is some well known family of the country with lots of money, power / political hold, i really don't think getting visas for brothers is possible.

The one finishing university might have a chance if he applies for a completely different reason (e.g. gotten admission in some study program) or say is visiting to attend a conference which matches with his domain of study etc.

Please don't be upset, this is merely as assessment based upon how i have seen CIC working.

Thanks fkl for the response. i know it's hard get the visa for my brothers. i was thinking if we attached
1. documents showing job for my brother finishing university
2. documents showing admission into Pakistani university for my brother finishing college.
would that help? or based on what you have seen in the past is this a lost cause?
thanks for your response again

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
wasim7777 said:
Thanks fkl for the response. i know it's hard get the visa for my brothers. i was thinking if we attached
1. documents showing job for my brother finishing university
2. documents showing admission into Pakistani university for my brother finishing college.
would that help? or based on what you have seen in the past is this a lost cause?
thanks for your response again
No problem. Documents showing job won't do much as they would only show an entry level job offer. Not proof of working for a while in the past with some income that is considered a strong tie for CIC. Besides they are very very experienced in picking those things.

When i applied for work visa, i had to submit experience letters, pay stubs, bank statement SHOWING the same pay actually being transferred on a regular basis. So "show a job is not as trivial as it sounds". Plus add that to a fresh guy's profile - with little or no experience and similar amounts of pay - no family (married i mean).

Same applies to showing admission in a college in Pakistan. Though i would say for e.g. if he is admitted to say LUMS, NUST etc. some place that is known to be very well reputed in Pakistan - it MIGHT give him a chance. Even that is just speculation and also depends heavily upon visa officer - because i have seen name of institutions helping with securing visas.

But the rationale is this - students from LUMS or similar other institutions go abroad more frequently than from other places in Pakistan. Whether it be due to their university related activities, or their family backgrounds - but they often do.

Same might have applied for the elder one - if he was working in say ICI for some time, it would definitely have improved his chances. However, showing a job offer - or experience of a month or two - probably won't have much impact.

So over all - it is pretty much a lost cause - unless you can come up with an exceptional situation (come up - does not mean fabricate). My experience is - they are way to smart to sniff made up profiles. They deal with thousands of applications a year and they can refuse even if they have a doubt.

waqar.ahmad150

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2015 (Online)
Passport Req..
22-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015 (Multiple 4 Years)
LANDED..........
Landed
wasim7777 said:
Hi,
I was hoping i can get some advice here. I am a permanent resident working in Canada. I am planning on applying for supervisa for my parents and regular TRV for my 2 younger brother. I am more concerned about the regular visa for my brothers. They are 23 and 18 years old. Both studying and applying for visa just to visit me.
How do i make sure - 1. My brothers get visa approved
2. During is as long as its allowed
What documents should i include? I know i have to prove that they will come back to pakistan. But considering they are about to finish university and college it won't be easy to prove that. Any suggestion would be appreciated.
Thanks
AOA,

I will advise you that only apply supervisa for your parents. As far as your brothers's case is concerned, i dont think so that they will get TRV due to many circumstances. Student or change of university are not such reason which will show that they will leave Canada at the end of trip.
You should consider the following factors seriously for your brothers when you will apply. Thanks

Purpose of visit.........Only visit is not purpose
Strong travel history...... travel history (especially travel of UK, Shengen, USA etc)
Ties..........................Show strong ties with your home country
etc

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Dost_Dost said:
Slam, :)
Can anyone help me about "travel itinerary"? how to arrange it if i do not have any travel agent? Do I need to make booking for round trip ?
WS,

Go to any airlines website, (pia, emirate, qatar - ANY) and reserve it online for free. It would most likely be valid for a day or so (you get a temp reservation via email) and use that. Preferably book it a day before submission so it is valid on the day of application.

If you are applying for visit visa, yes you have to book for return trip. You don't pay any thing upfront. But you generally cannot buy a one way ticket for visit visa. Airlines often refuse it. Even if they do issue it, they might refuse to let you board. Even if that happens, you might be stopped at destination airport. Most important of all, CIC needs to be told your plans WHEN do you want to go and WHEN do you plan to return. Not giving a clear plan of returning (although you might have to delay the plan ultimately because of uncertainty with visas) is taken as intention of illegal stay.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
malik786 said:
Hey All

I applied for my mother's TRV in Islamabad (paper based application) on April 4th 2104.
She wanted to visit me for my convocation which is in 6 days (29th May 2014).
I emailed them and notified about the situation but there has not been a single reply.
I had put the invitation for the convocation that explicitly says 29th May 2014 10 am .
These *censored word*s don't realize that there is a flight to be taken (at least 15 hours) as well to be there on 29th

I know alot of friends who applied close to 2nd April and got visas for their families.

The sole purpose of her visit is to attend the convocation.My question is how stupid the people at CIC Islamabad are that they don't care about the purpose of visit and just delay the application for no *censored word*ing reason.I mean there is not even a single way to at least remind them about the situation.
Sorry to hear that but that's how CIC works. They advise "at least 8 weeks before travel dates" to submit application. Currently processing time shows 46 days average.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/visitors.asp

Not to mention that April - May is high time for study visa applications for September which has higher priority. So you would be lucky if you get visa in time.

From Pakistan a safe time to apply is often 2+ months. Although you didn't really apply late - rather it is just close and outcome is more on luck in terms of time frame.

They have soo many applications in this situation. So CIC doesn't really care about you missing the dates.

Unfortunately, we are a 3rd world country and too many people want to and are trying to visit Canada. Hence they don't care much about you.

There are people who applied for an occasion and get visas WAY PAST the needed time frame. It happens all the time.

altafhussaine

Star Member
Mar 13, 2014
Canada
Category........
Other
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
fkl said:
It might be harder to know what's the actual cause. The answer is generic. I would say apply for notes first to see the cause.

a) When you said you have family, do you mean wife / kids? Parents or siblings aren't exactly treated as family ties.
b) May be they were not satisfied with the funding available. Just a letter probably is not sufficient. I don't know how that works in detail since i dont have a study visa profile - but finances usually need detailed evidence - probably more than just a letter from the funding body.

c) To prove ties better - i believe you should have attached experience letters in Pakistan (i assume you must have been working), pay slips, even bank statement showing pay regularly transferred to your account. If you prove you can earn well in home country - it serves as a strong tie as it won't be worthwhile for such a person to stay illegally in Canada.

Hope that helps.
Hello friend,
I have a father and wife and kids, non going with me to Canada. I had included a payslip from Pakistan and Reference letters from my supervisors in Sweden, the Netherlands and Pakistan. This time, I have asked my Canadian Supervisor (who has been waiting for me for the last 11 months to start the project on saving Canadian forests) to write a letter to the embassy and take my responsibility otherwise I wont pay a single penny to the Canadians. He is going to send a copy of that letter to me and I will then include it with my re-application. What really bothers me is the fact that I have to get new police clearance certificates from the U.K, Sweden and Pakistan. That will take time. I am planning to apply online this time with an upfront medical.

//Altaf

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
altafhussaine said:
Hello friend,
I have a father and wife and kids, non going with me to Canada. I had included a payslip from Pakistan and Reference letters from my supervisors in Sweden, the Netherlands and Pakistan. This time, I have asked my Canadian Supervisor (who has been waiting for me for the last 11 months to start the project on saving Canadian forests) to write a letter to the embassy and take my responsibility otherwise I wont pay a single penny to the Canadians. He is going to send a copy of that letter to me and I will then include it with my re-application. What really bothers me is the fact that I have to get new police clearance certificates from the U.K, Sweden and Pakistan. That will take time. I am planning to apply online this time with an upfront medical.

//Altaf
Hi Altaf,

Father doesn't count but wife and kids sure do. Please be very explicit about this. Probably a bank statement to supplement pay slip is better.

Again just a letter from supervisor "saying you would be funded" and no proof of source of funding? where their explicit rejection makes it quite obvious that they don't trust the funding or want further evidence. I think you have got to do better than that. Unfortunately, i know it is quite irritating but that is the way CIC works.

It might be a good idea to write a cover letter countering each of the reason cited in refusal while referencing attached documents for proof. Attach proof of marriage and kids.

altafhussaine

Star Member
Mar 13, 2014
Canada
Category........
Other
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
fkl said:
Hi Altaf,

Father doesn't count but wife and kids sure do. Please be very explicit about this. Probably a bank statement to supplement pay slip is better.

Again just a letter from supervisor "saying you would be funded" and no proof of source of funding? where their explicit rejection makes it quite obvious that they don't trust the funding or want further evidence. I think you have got to do better than that. Unfortunately, i know it is quite irritating but that is the way CIC works.

It might be a good idea to write a cover letter countering each of the reason cited in refusal while referencing attached documents for proof. Attach proof of marriage and kids.
Thank you again, sure I will be more careful this time.

hladha

Aug 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad/London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2013
AOR Received.
August 2013
File Transfer...
Jan 2014 to London office
Med's Request
10 Dec 2014 (done)
Interview........
19 Jan 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19 Jan 2015
LANDED..........
25 Jan 2015
ch.immigration said:
Got rejection yesterday
Depressing situation
I can understand what you are going through!! I've had two rejections as well! I think we have no choice but wait for the immigration process to come through! May Allah make it easy n quick for all of us with aafiyat!! Aameen.

APAK

Nov 7, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2012
File Transfer...
Transferred to ottawa in Nov 2012,transferred to ISB july 2013
LANDED..........
cannot wait!!
Hi guys..

According to my VFS global tracker :: my PROCESSEd application has been forwarded to ABU DHABi on 12-05-2014

I have been checking my cic account everyday..it still says final decision not yet started. App status open..comments?

ch.immigration

Feb 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013 for wife
Doc's Request.
Sent volunterily on 15 dec 2013
AOR Received.
april 2013
File Transfer...
april 2013
Med's Request
24 sep 2014
Interview........
inshallah waived
APAK said:
Hi guys..

According to my VFS global tracker :: my PROCESSEd application has been forwarded to ABU DHABi on 12-05-2014

I have been checking my cic account everyday..it still says final decision not yet started. App status open..comments?
Ur file is under process
U might get a medical req soon inshallah
Or a rejection letter otherwise

Good luck

SNSMTL

Jul 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Salaam everyone,

My wife ( Canadian citizen) sent the invitation letter to her mother for trv.
She just filed her application at vfs lahore last week. My mother in law is a retired government teacher, age 61 and she is (MA)in good health.

Questions?

1) Does CHC always asks for medical if they are willing to grant the visa, or do they issue the visa without asking any medicals for elder trv applicant?

2) She has previously been rejected twice. My wife was thinking of sending an email directly to CHC to elaborate her request to grant the visa, do you guys think it would bring no harm if she does email?

Any help is appreciated.

KRMALIK

May 8, 2014
hi i have applied paper based applcaition for tem work permit on 24 feb 2014 i have done madical upfront and i reveived the sms the next ur application is forward to canada visa office islamabad than after when i check online it says ur application in process any one knows the the work visa processing time in islamabad or some body received visa in month of may plz let me know thanks

missing

Jan 7, 2014
i appplied for trv online on 5th jan 2014 and gave biometrics in lahore on 8th jan 2014.. so far no news from the embassy.. its frustrating :mad: