+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All Pakistanis join this thread

Imran B

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
Hi,

I applied for (Online application) Supervisa for my parents and TRV for my brother and sister who are dependents to my parents and are full time students on September 23.

Received refusal notification email today for both my sibilings with comments:

1. Family Ties in Canada and home country
2. No travel history.

They did not send any update regarding my parents supervisa.. any clue?

Dice80

Nov 20, 2012
Pakistanis PLEASE HELP!! PGWP and husband on visitor’s record.

Salaam,

I’m looking for a solution and hoping you can help. I am a recent graduate with a PGWP. I don’t have a job yet and my husband is currently on a visitor’s record here in Canada. Although he is very well qualified, he cannot get an OWP till I have a full time job in Level 0, or skill level A or B. Both of us have expired TRVs. Our legal status (PGWP + Visitor’s Record) in Canada is valid till mid 2015.

Something urgent has come up and we need to travel to Pakistan as soon as possible (definitely before December). As someone with a valid work permit, I know I could apply to CPP-O for my own TRV and get it within one month. But what about him?

The rules suggest that he has to apply from his home country (Pakistan) or a country where he is legally admitted and resides (but he resides in Canada). I fear that if he goes to Pakistan and then applies for TRV, there is a high chance he will get stuck there as there is a high probability of TRV rejection (strong ties in Canada). Can he possibly apply for TRV from the US (He has a valid multiple visa for US)?

Any other suggestions?? Your sister could really use your help.

Thank You!
Firdous

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Saiima said:
Yeah im sure i applied successfully..I got a confirmation message in the end.
I even emailed canadian immigration islamabad several times. They repiled me saying that my application was finalized and a decision has been emailed..They wont tell me who the decision has been emailed to.
I have recieved nothing as yet
If you have electronic backup of submitted application forms - please verify the email id, YOU WROTE IN THE ACTUAL FORMS.

Also when did you last hear from them?

A little info from my side might help. I feel there are DIFFERENT people at the embassy, responsible for sending emails and their communication with each other is not very emmm... should i say updated.

The reason i say this is, i applied for a family of five and initially received medical instructions for 4 of us excluding my elder son. I emailed them asking for update on his status since we would only go for medicals together. Two working days latter they responded "Medical instructions for the child have been sent to you via email today". I like received this email around 1 pm. Checked my email a few times over the next couple hours but no medical forms received for the son. I emailed them again to verify if they used the correct id since i have not received any thing.

No response came that day, but next morning around 11 am, i received medical instructions for the child too.

So similar things could happen to others.

P.S. I am a CS/IT professional and avid user of internet, so silly things like "check your junk" or "filter" or trash was obviously not an issue here. Please make sure that is not the case with you either.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
sadeelhaneef said:
thanks guys....... I am going to apply as Engineering Manager could you please guide me about the bank statement, I don't have required funds available and maintained for 3 months, can I deposit required funds and send my case without maintaining my bank statement...

Need you help guys.. thanks alot
The message sounds quite confusing. Please clear out a few things.

Applying as an Engineering Manager - so you are going to work in Canada and would probably have a job offer already? So you are not applying for a visit visa, but rather a work permit for which you probably have gotten an LMO already Right?

If my above understanding is correct, you do not need to show any funds. You still need to show your bank statement but it is primarily for verifying that you posses the skills listed in your profile and are being paid with a corresponding salary. Should also submit salary slips along.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Dice80 said:
Pakistanis PLEASE HELP!! PGWP and husband on visitor's record.

Salaam,

I'm looking for a solution and hoping you can help. I am a recent graduate with a PGWP. I don't have a job yet and my husband is currently on a visitor's record here in Canada. Although he is very well qualified, he cannot get an OWP till I have a full time job in Level 0, or skill level A or B. Both of us have expired TRVs. Our legal status (PGWP + Visitor's Record) in Canada is valid till mid 2015.

Something urgent has come up and we need to travel to Pakistan as soon as possible (definitely before December). As someone with a valid work permit, I know I could apply to CPP-O for my own TRV and get it within one month. But what about him?

The rules suggest that he has to apply from his home country (Pakistan) or a country where he is legally admitted and resides (but he resides in Canada). I fear that if he goes to Pakistan and then applies for TRV, there is a high chance he will get stuck there as there is a high probability of TRV rejection (strong ties in Canada). Can he possibly apply for TRV from the US (He has a valid multiple visa for US)?

Any other suggestions?? Your sister could really use your help.

Thank You!
Firdous
Walaikumassalam, it is generally not recommended to apply from a country where you are on a visit visa status. So applying from US might not be an option.

The official statement at CIC website says "You can apply from your country of passport, or country of permanent residence or from a country where you have been legally admitted to for at least a period of one year". Generally visit visas don't allow a single stay beyond 6 months (i have a multiple entry B1 to US too, so i know) hence i think this will not be accepted in the US.

Still this is just speculation and you might be able to get through.

MSPsy

Sep 27, 2013
waqar.ahmad150 said:
Dear MSpsy,

AOA,

Extremely sorry to say that your chances are week due to many conditions. One of the major reason is that ur purpose of visit is not valid and week travel history. However, you can improve ur case by showing some different aspects.

Note: As you mentioned that immigration of your parents is under process and you are dependent on your parents. Definitely, you will get immigration visa with your parents. So, i advise you, concentrate on immigration visa rather than TRV, because your case is week and do not make your history bad. As you are researcher then u can make your trv case in a better and appropriate way by showing some strong reasons of travel.
W.Salaam

Thank you for your honest opinion, but let me say that it made me worried. I had thought of the points you mentioned but I believe my MS/PhD studies is a strong tie. And I have mentioned it too in my letter of explanation that I will return to Pakistan to complete my studies. Only thing I find worrisome is that I have got aprroval of leave from my work and university too late (28th Oct - 22nd Dec) al though my Invitation letter says that my niece birthday is next month, no mention of birth date. In my travel itinerary my departure date is 29th Oct... VO may think that I m leaving in the last dates, when will I attend the birthday... My brother will celebrate my niece birthday party not exactly on the same date but when I arrive in Canada. I hope I reach there next month InshAllah. For me, it may not be the birthday party but more important is to spend time with my brother's family and spend vacations in Canada as I'm really exhausted and lately, have been through burn out phase because of workload and stress. I really need a change so that I can focus on things once again with fresh mind and new energies.

Need prayers... since the time of medicine is gone I guess...

waqar.ahmad150

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2015 (Online)
Passport Req..
22-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015 (Multiple 4 Years)
LANDED..........
Landed
MSPsy said:
W.Salaam

Thank you for your honest opinion, but let me say that it made me worried. I had thought of the points you mentioned but I believe my MS/PhD studies is a strong tie. And I have mentioned it too in my letter of explanation that I will return to Pakistan to complete my studies. Only thing I find worrisome is that I have got aprroval of leave from my work and university too late (28th Oct - 22nd Dec) al though my Invitation letter says that my niece birthday is next month, no mention of birth date. In my travel itinerary my departure date is 29th Oct... VO may think that I m leaving in the last dates, when will I attend the birthday... My brother will celebrate my niece birthday party not exactly on the same date but when I arrive in Canada. I hope I reach there next month InshAllah. For me, it may not be the birthday party but more important is to spend time with my brother's family and spend vacations in Canada as I'm really exhausted and lately, have been through burn out phase because of workload and stress. I really need a change so that I can focus on things once again with fresh mind and new energies.

Need prayers... since the time of medicine is gone I guess...
Dear MSpsy
I dont think so that MS/PHD is strong tie. The major drawback is u are single (i think) and u have week travel history and
your purpose is visit is not proper. As i already said that u can apply in another way by using tag of researcher.

Anyhow, if u have applied then best of luck from side. Thanks

waqar.ahmad150

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2015 (Online)
Passport Req..
22-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Landed
Imran B said:
Hi,

I applied for (Online application) Supervisa for my parents and TRV for my brother and sister who are dependents to my parents and are full time students on September 23.

Received refusal notification email today for both my sibilings with comments:

1. Family Ties in Canada and home country
2. No travel history.

They did not send any update regarding my parents supervisa.. any clue?

Dear Imran,

super visa will take some time so you have to wait regarding your parents case.

Saiima

Sep 26, 2013
fkl said:
If you have electronic backup of submitted application forms - please verify the email id, YOU WROTE IN THE ACTUAL FORMS.

Also when did you last hear from them?

A little info from my side might help. I feel there are DIFFERENT people at the embassy, responsible for sending emails and their communication with each other is not very emmm... should i say updated.

The reason i say this is, i applied for a family of five and initially received medical instructions for 4 of us excluding my elder son. I emailed them asking for update on his status since we would only go for medicals together. Two working days latter they responded "Medical instructions for the child have been sent to you via email today". I like received this email around 1 pm. Checked my email a few times over the next couple hours but no medical forms received for the son. I emailed them again to verify if they used the correct id since i have not received any thing.

No response came that day, but next morning around 11 am, i received medical instructions for the child too.

So similar things could happen to others.

P.S. I am a CS/IT professional and avid user of internet, so silly things like "check your junk" or "filter" or trash was obviously not an issue here. Please make sure that is not the case with you either.

I have checked and there is no fault with the email id I gave. They stated in the notes that an email regarding the additional documents was sent which I obviously have not received. Also after that they have send me a refusal letter as well because I was not able to send them the document, which I again didn't receive..Its very upsetting. Does anybody know where to file a formal complain as I was waiting for more than 7 months.

anas2009

Mar 18, 2013
(TRV) WITOUT BUINESS INVITATION??? FROM PAKISTAN???

Dear All.

I would like to know about (TRV) Business visitor visa from Pakistan. last week I was apply Canada business visitor visa without business invitation and mentioning in the company covering letter that my company want to send me as a marketing of our product, and I am as a Manager in the company, my company attached with application last 5 years export documents including one shipment for Vancouver on this year but this buyer did not send me business invitation.

So, my question is does visa officer except my application without Business Invitation? and my travel history last 10 years, SINGAPORE, MALAYSIA, ITALY, FRANCE, UAE, UK, USA, (USA 2 VISA + UK 6 VISA + SCHENGEN 15 VISA ON THE PASSPORTS)

Valid Visas on Passport: 5 YEARS USA VISA, 6 MONTH UK VISA, 3 MONTH SOUTH KOREA VISA.

Was Refused: CANADA 2006 (TRV/TOURIST VISA)

Please share your best opinion on my above case!!!
And how many % chance to get visa??

Thanks & Regards,

Anas

anas2009

Mar 18, 2013
(TRV) WITOUT BUINESS INVITATION??? FROM PAKISTAN???

FreeHelp4Pakistanis said:
Dear all Pakistani brothers and sisters,
kindly,join this thread to discuss all your queries, difficulties and problems regarding Canadian TRV(temporary residence visa).
This thread's sole purpose is to help each other,nothing else.
Regards
Dear All.

I would like to know about (TRV) Business visitor visa from Pakistan. last week I was apply Canada business visitor visa without business invitation and mentioning in the company covering letter that my company want to send me as a marketing of our product, and I am as a Manager in the company, my company attached with application last 5 years export documents including one shipment for Vancouver on this year but this buyer did not send me business invitation.

So, my question is does visa officer except my application without Business Invitation? and my travel history last 10 years, SINGAPORE, MALAYSIA, ITALY, FRANCE, UAE, UK, USA, (USA 2 VISA + UK 6 VISA + SCHENGEN 15 VISA ON THE PASSPORTS)

Valid Visas on Passport: 5 YEARS USA VISA, 6 MONTH UK VISA, 3 MONTH SOUTH KOREA VISA.

Was Refused: CANADA 2006 (TRV/TOURIST VISA)

Please share your best opinion on my above case!!!
And how many % chance to get visa??

Thanks & Regards,

Anas

umarnisar

May 1, 2013
I applied for a multiple TRV (Online) on september 6th.
I got a call from Canadian High Commission on 25th september that my TRV has been approved and I should send my passport to them ASAP.
I told the lady that I haven't recieved anything in MYCIC yet. She said No its fine, Just write Your application Number, which she also verified, On a page and attach it with my passport and send it to them.

Today i sent my passport via TCS.

Anyone else ever had the same scenario?

There are problems with mycic.

waqar.ahmad150

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2015 (Online)
Passport Req..
22-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Landed
umarnisar said:
I applied for a multiple TRV (Online) on september 6th.
I got a call from Canadian High Commission on 25th september that my TRV has been approved and I should send my passport to them ASAP.
I told the lady that I haven't recieved anything in MYCIC yet. She said No its fine, Just write Your application Number, which she also verified, On a page and attach it with my passport and send it to them.

Today i sent my passport via TCS.

Anyone else ever had the same scenario?

There are problems with mycic.
AOA,
Dont worry, inshAllah u will get trv soon. Did u get Canadian trv before?

umarnisar

May 1, 2013
waqar.ahmad150 said:
AOA,
Dont worry, inshAllah u will get trv soon. Did u get Canadian trv before?
Yes i already have a single entry TRV to canada which will expire next month, that's why i applied for a new one.