10 Dec 2014 (done)
Interview........
19 Jan 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19 Jan 2015
LANDED..........
25 Jan 2015
fkl said:
Lot of time? Depends upon your perspective and also the situation. If you apply today or with in the next month, there is a good chance that you would hear back with in 2 months for sure.

Embassy is relatively free right now i.e. some one applied online from Pakistan yesterday and received medical call with in a day.

Refusal in trv would be a negative, but again it has a better chance of approval vs a trv application again since you have more substance to prove ties i.e. job, bank statements etc.

However, it is best to order gcms notes first to know the real reason for refusal.

Here are some basics on requirements of owp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=177&t=17
Thank you for the help! I will definitely look into this option because it sounds like it can work in my situation. I will consult you if I plan to apply for it! Thanks again sir!

ch.immigration

Feb 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013 for wife
Doc's Request.
Sent volunterily on 15 dec 2013
AOR Received.
april 2013
File Transfer...
april 2013
Med's Request
24 sep 2014
Interview........
inshallah waived
fkl said:
Lot of time? Depends upon your perspective and also the situation. If you apply today or with in the next month, there is a good chance that you would hear back with in 2 months for sure.

Embassy is relatively free right now i.e. some one applied online from Pakistan yesterday and received medical call with in a day.

Refusal in trv would be a negative, but again it has a better chance of approval vs a trv application again since you have more substance to prove ties i.e. job, bank statements etc.

However, it is best to order gcms notes first to know the real reason for refusal.

Here are some basics on requirements of owp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=177&t=17
Ur post are really helpful
a big thanks to all ur efforts

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ch.immigration said:
Ur post are really helpful
a big thanks to all ur efforts
You are most welcome buddy! It makes me feel better. :)

hogaishaadi

Jun 26, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
OTT-ISL-LON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2012
Doc's Request.
Ad Doc's May 2013
AOR Received.
May-12 ISL - July-14 LON
File Transfer...
June-2014 LON
Med's Request
July 2014
Med's Done....
Aug 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 8, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah Dec 2014
just posting here...

3-4 months for Pakistan?

Damn I was applying to get my wife here for late november so we could celebrate our anniversary together in first week of dec...

But if it will take 3-4 months should I then change my invitation reason to spending our bdays together which are in may n aug... as anniversary will be long gone by the time they open/see my case...

Ty...

MaL1206

Sep 25, 2013
Hi All,
Trust, you all are doing well. I am really impressed with this thread and immediately joined it because I am TRV seeker. I have plan to apply visit visa for Canada with my family (wife & a son) and need some tips/info for this. My purpose is to spend vacation for 2-3 weeks in Mar 2014. I have read all info and requirements mentioned in official website of canada immigration but want some useful tips from your knowledge/experience. I am a telecom engineer with 8+ years of experience and have a reasonable job in a multinational company. I have travel history with business trips to EU & Malaysia and also a personal trip to UK with family in last month for vacation. Kindly guide me.

Regards/

ch.immigration

Feb 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013 for wife
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
april 2013
File Transfer...
april 2013
Med's Request
24 sep 2014
Interview........
inshallah waived
hogaishaadi said:
just posting here...

3-4 months for Pakistan?

Damn I was applying to get my wife here for late november so we could celebrate our anniversary together in first week of dec...

But if it will take 3-4 months should I then change my invitation reason to spending our bdays together which are in may n aug... as anniversary will be long gone by the time they open/see my case...

Ty...
U can.apply right now
it takes 2 months if u apply on paper
and online app take few days only

Best of luck

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
MaL1206 said:
Hi All,
Trust, you all are doing well. I am really impressed with this thread and immediately joined it because I am TRV seeker. I have plan to apply visit visa for Canada with my family (wife & a son) and need some tips/info for this. My purpose is to spend vacation for 2-3 weeks in Mar 2014. I have read all info and requirements mentioned in official website of canada immigration but want some useful tips from your knowledge/experience. I am a telecom engineer with 8+ years of experience and have a reasonable job in a multinational company. I have travel history with business trips to EU & Malaysia and also a personal trip to UK with family in last month for vacation. Kindly guide me.

Regards/
Hi MaL1206,

Apply for a single entry visa. Attach your job profile (resume, experience letters, preferably a letter showing your current role and position, salary slips, bank statement showing your salary being transferred regularly AS WELL AS ENOUGH FUNDS for the whole trip for your family). If you own property in Pakistan, attach evidence of that.

Please do know that generally getting a visit visa for a short vacation is not very likely. However, with a strong profile and ties to home country (job, finances, property etc.) as well as previous foreign travel history, you do have a good chance of getting through.

MaL1206

Sep 25, 2013
Hi fkl,
Thanks a lot for your kind reply. Its really knowledgeable for me. If visit visa for short vacation is unlikely then pls also suggest any other way to apply for more better chances of successful results. Also, my wife's uncle live in Toronto and he is Canadian national. Can this factor be a plus? If yes then how we can proceed with it? Regards/

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
MaL1206 said:
Hi fkl,
Thanks a lot for your kind reply. Its really knowledgeable for me. If visit visa for short vacation is unlikely then pls also suggest any other way to apply for more better chances of successful results. Also, my wife's uncle live in Toronto and he is Canadian national. Can this factor be a plus? If yes then how we can proceed with it? Regards/

No problem. If you ask for my opinion (or if i were in your place - assuming the circumstances you indicated, such as having enough funds to cover an entire trip of family comfortably), then you should apply with the same intention. Being honest and fair helps since CIC has a lot of authority and they often make a lot of twists that are unique to cases.

I said visit visas like this are less likely (but not outright refused), because there aren't many people who have enough money to ACTUALLY GO FOR A VISIT and come back. Also they have enough travel history and ties to Pakistan (job, property, family, financial assets) to APPEAR certain to CIC that these people would come back. If you have most of above stick to same plan.

Other possible and common reasons for visit could be employer sponsored (meetings, training etc.) as well as visiting family. But the family ones are very closely scrutinized. Having an uncle there can be positive as well as negative. If you are going for a visit visa where an uncle is the sponsor, then you need to have strong enough reasons for coming back. This is some what negative that you have a person already established there who might support you even to stay illegally. But strong ties to Pak would counter that as i mentioned before.

Any other plans would take a long time and process to go through. They include temporary visas (Study or work) which require admission or job offer from Canada and one can latter apply from within Canada for permanent residence OR permanent visas (FSW etc.) which require years or processing and points based qualification plus enough risk and initial funds to go and look for job there before being able to secure a routine life in Canada.

Bottom line, you need to have a legitimate reason to go to Canada. They deal with too many applicants and are very experienced. So my advice is to stick to your honest goal even if it is visit. If you have what you indicate to support the intent, you will probably get it Insha Allah.

MaL1206

Sep 25, 2013
Hi fkl,
Really commendable, I got your point and will proceed accordingly. In case of any further query, I'll bother you again. Many thanks and take care

Saiima

Sep 26, 2013
Hi..
I applied online for a tempoeary resident visa to visit my husband in Feb 2013. Its been more than 7 months and no news yet :( Is Islamabad office not issuing visaz? Is anybody else facing the same long wait time as me?

hladha

Aug 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad/London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2013
AOR Received.
August 2013
File Transfer...
Jan 2014 to London office
Med's Request
10 Dec 2014 (done)
Interview........
19 Jan 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19 Jan 2015
LANDED..........
25 Jan 2015
Saiima said:
Hi..
I applied online for a tempoeary resident visa to visit my husband in Feb 2013. Its been more than 7 months and no news yet :( Is Islamabad office not issuing visaz? Is anybody else facing the same long wait time as me?
Well they are issuing n refusing visas as my visa was refused two days ago. I guess you should contact them regarding your visa.

ch.immigration

Feb 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013 for wife
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
april 2013
File Transfer...
april 2013
Med's Request
24 sep 2014
Interview........
inshallah waived
Saiima said:
Hi..
R u sure
u sucessfuly applied?
If yes its really hard to believe 7 months are too much
And ur intended date is long ago past away

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ahmadtajwer said:
My sister applied from Pak on 6th Sept, got refused on 25th. Are they issuing visas to anyone :-\ CHC ISB sucks
Sorry to hear that. They are still issuing visas though. The rejection rate in TRV's seem quite high. Where as it is pretty successful in case of study visas for university degrees. Work permits also seem just okay. Low skilled jobs seem to be more scrutinized where as highly skilled ones apparently are sailing through. This is my general observation over the last few months