VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
tasash said:
hi....im permanent resident in Alberta since three years and now i would like to invite my parents(both) on supervisa as it sounds good to meet my parents in minimal time so if anyone has any information regarding that sp plz let me know.....also i heard that because of a huge backlog cic will hold the visitors visa in coming november but not sure abt the news .....plz if anyone have something to share
Assuming you are working there and are financially stable, you should apply for super visa for your parents.

I have no info about huge backlog or possible hold on visit visas. But i do know a few things i.e. there has been Visa officers strike early this year which has been going on for a while in many Canadian immigration offices across the world including the ones in Ottawa. So that likely would have caused a back log. But i can tell you that currently student visa applications are processed pretty fast from pakistan and i have seen more than 20 people on this forum who with a valid case and back ground, got visa in between 2 and 3 months. This is about people who applied between april 2013 and until now. So i believe if you apply now, things are pretty well. There was no strike in islamabad visa office though.

Also, PR applications for parents / grandparents of Canadian residents were on hold since last year and are expected resume early 2014. This has been in the news even recently. So that might be another long term option if you are interested by of course that would take much longer to process.

Hope that helps.

Andrea sky

Jul 21, 2013
Asalamulaikum,

I'm going to be totally honest because I want straightforward and right answers:)
I am 17 years old I'm a British citizen but I've been living in Canada for the past 18 months I came as a visitor extended my stay after 6 months left after 1 year for a month and came back. (Yes I came in when I was 16)
About 2 months in Canada the first time I met someone who after a few weeks I totally head over heels fell in love with! My 6months will be over soon I will exit and come back (hopefully) and when I do we are planning to tie the knot as soon as I turn 18 and he will sponsor me. of course he is going to convert to islam before we marry.
My fiancé is 26 me soon to be 18:)
Yes Im young never worked never felt the need to ALLAH provided my family with good money and my fiancé has a stable job to sponsor me.
I can work at a good family job to support my self to if needed..

My questions are..

Will the age matter after I'm 18?
I'm going to exit Canada and try to come back in one more time.. Then should my fiancé sponsor me as inland or Outland? Which one is better for my situation?
I've never worked before he can support me but when I get work permit I can get a good job which pays good money.
We haven't lived together? (Religion reasons)

Is there anything else I need to think about? Cost is something I don't care about:)

Thank you so very much for taking the time to read/answer !!!
Jazakallah!

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Andrea sky said:
Asalamulaikum,

I'm going to be totally honest because I want straightforward and right answers:)
I am 17 years old I'm a British citizen but I've been living in Canada for the past 18 months I came as a visitor extended my stay after 6 months left after 1 year for a month and came back. (Yes I came in when I was 16)
About 2 months in Canada the first time I met someone who after a few weeks I totally head over heels fell in love with! My 6months will be over soon I will exit and come back (hopefully) and when I do we are planning to tie the knot as soon as I turn 18 and he will sponsor me. of course he is going to convert to islam before we marry.
Yes Im young never worked never felt the need to ALLAH provided my family with good money and my fiancé has a stable job to sponsor me.

My questions are..

I'm going to exit Canada and try to come back in one more time.. Then should my fiancé sponsor me as inland or Outland? Which one is better for my situation?
I've never worked before he can support me but when I get work permit I can get a good job which pays good money.

Is there anything else I need to think about? Cost is something I don't care about:)

Jazakallah!
Walaikumassalam,

If i remember correctly the age for not to be treated as a minor in Canada varies from province to province. It varies between 18 to 21, but you should check that out in minors section on their website.

I don't think your fiancee can sponsor you until you are married since you neither fall into the married category NOR common-law relationship (which requires people to have been living with each other for some time and being able to prove it)

Generally, one should apply from his / her country as CHC does not recommend being on visitor status and apply from with in Canada. You will be the applicant and most likely would submit your application in Britian (outland - after he gets sponsorship approval) ONLY AFTER you two are married. The other possibility might be that you go to Canada on visit (you do not require a visa for that), get married there and then apply for permanent residence as inland. But i don't know the details of this and if this is exactly the best choice. If you are in Canada, you better call CIC helpline to clarify your situation.

angel pari

Jul 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad/ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2013
Interview........
Inshallah waived
Passport Req..
Inshallah v soon
Salam everyone
I m new here
reading this forum since feb
congrates everyone on getting ppr +remed
Inshallah we all ll go through this v soon
my timeline is as
applied in march 2013
Approved and file transfer in april 2013
Applied for trv 17 july 2013
its a wife case
I have a question
Is there anyone who is sponsoring second spouse?

PARI

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Andrea sky said:
Asalamulaikum,

My questions are..

Jazakallah!
You could also apply inland after you are married (and the marriage has been registered at the courts in whatever province you reside). Once the sponsorship papers are filed, you have to remain in the country, even if your visit visa lapses. Following Phase 1 of the sponsorship proceedings, your sponsor will be approved and you will get an open work permit. After Phase 2 is complete, you will receive the conditional PR. My understanding is that Phase 1 takes about 8 months, and Phase 2 takes an additional 6 months or so.

Sara.ali

Jul 14, 2013
Hi i want to visit canada from pk my age is 25 m angagged m study in uni doing my masters last semster my sis want me to call in canada alberta she is pregnent and want me to help her she send me invitation latter tellme how much i need staemnt in pk in my bank i hv my some property n is my brother in law sponser me can he send me his satemnt and finical support tat they responsible me for wxpnsesin uk plx hel meeee what doc i need.. From my side ..
My travel histoy is nil i just isit dubai once

Sara.ali

Jul 14, 2013
Hi i want to visit canada from pk my age is 25 m angagged m study in uni doing my masters last semster my sis want me to call in canada alberta she is pregnent and want me to help her she send me invitation latter tellme how much i need staemnt in pk in my bank i hv my some property n is my brother in law sponser me can he send me his satemnt and finical support tat they responsible me for wxpnsesin uk plx hel meeee what doc i need.. From my side ..

FreeHelp4Pakistanis

Star Member
May 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-09-2013
LANDED..........
29-10-2013
Sara.ali said:
Dear Sara Ali,
I dont want to disheart you but your chaces to get TRV are very low.
The factors which might go against your case will be,
1-Young and unmarried.
2-Weak travel history.
3-Student
You suppose to show very strong ties here in Pakistan that you will be back at the end of your stay in Canada.
anyway, you can try your luck.
regards

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
Sara.ali said:
Home ties and purpose of visit could create you issues in getting trv. Show ties to Pakistan as strong as you can to make them believe you would return.
purpose of visit seems not to be quite legitimate as its never been problem here in Canada for pregnant women unless some other serious medical issue. Nurses here are trained well to take care of them so make sure you show them a nice purpose of visit like some event or occasion which make some sense. Good luck

ch.immigration

Feb 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013 for wife
Doc's Request.
Sent volunterily on 15 dec 2013
AOR Received.
april 2013
File Transfer...
april 2013
Med's Request
24 sep 2014
Interview........
inshallah waived
Sara.ali said:
Sorry to say but chances of trv are so little
Find a string reason for visit
this purpose of visit is v weak indeed
hope it helps

layla.bee

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013
AOR Received.
Dec 2013
IELTS Request
Not Req'd
File Transfer...
Jan 2014
Med's Request
Jun 25, 2015
Med's Done....
Jun 26, 2015
Interview........
N/A, Addition Doc Request: Jul24, Doc sent and rec'd by CIC: Aug 14, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
My mother applied for her Super Visa from Pakistan, and sent documents via TCS on June 27th, 2013. She still has not heard back from them. She has had visited canada last year as she had 2 years normal visit visa. She has also traveled to UK, UAE etc this year. I am not sure why CIC Islamabad is taking so long.

Anyone has applied during the same time? or know in how long the medical request comes in? Can someone share the timeline?

Thanks

SAM629

Feb 17, 2013
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA-ISL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2013
AOR Received.
July 2013
File Transfer...
July 2013
Med's Request
Not yet.
Med's Done....
Medical Expired on 25 March 2014
layla bee >> I have applied for my TRV through TCS on 10 june and I am still waiting to hear from them and your mother applied on 27th june.. Which means Ur mom still have to wait few more weeks i guess. hope for the best.

FreeHelp4Pakistanis

Star Member
May 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-09-2013
LANDED..........
29-10-2013
SAM629 said:
layla bee >> I have applied for my TRV through TCS on 10 june and I am still waiting to hear from them and your mother applied on 27th june.. Which means Ur mom still have to wait few more weeks i guess. hope for the best.
Dear Sam629,
Let us know when you hear something from CHC Islamabad regarding you TRV.thanks

ch.immigration

Feb 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013 for wife
Doc's Request.
Sent volunterily on 15 dec 2013
AOR Received.
april 2013
File Transfer...
april 2013
Med's Request
24 sep 2014
Interview........
inshallah waived
SAM629 said:
also applied on same date for trv
but on 13 july I got all.my doc back as schedule 1 form was missing
I submitted again on 15 july
So they might b working on june applications
inshallah we all ll hear soon from them

SAM629

Feb 17, 2013
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA-ISL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2013
AOR Received.
July 2013
File Transfer...
July 2013
Med's Request
Not yet.
Med's Done....
Medical Expired on 25 March 2014
InshAllah and Yeah they might be working on june applications. Sure I ll keep u inform n updated.