+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All Pakistanis join this thread

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
in IMM5257E its written at the bottom of the form

"if you answered YES to any of the question 3 to 6 or upon request of a visa officer you may be required to fill out IMM5257 Schedule1."

and this indicates i guess its not compulsory unless you meet those requirements. I submitted online application and the Schedule1 form was optional in that.

ch.immigration

Feb 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013 for wife
Doc's Request.
Sent volunterily on 15 dec 2013
AOR Received.
april 2013
File Transfer...
april 2013
Med's Request
24 sep 2014
Interview........
inshallah waived
fkl said:
You are needlessly worried. Schedule 1 Form (IMM5257_B) DOES NOT HAVE A BAR CODE PAGE. It is the IMM5257E (Application for temporary resident visa) form or any other main form such as work permit application or student visa application, which generates bar codes.

Just for your satisfaction, i have a valid submitted application in the embassy which includes 5 schedule 1 forms for myself and family (and my application is filed and i have a file number i.e. there is no mistake in the application) and i checked with the local copies saved on my computer.

The only possible issue with adobe is that the embassy docs require adobe version 8 or higher and you cannot use them in the 'in browser (chrome, IE) ' tab. You just need to download them locally and open with adobe and i believe you are already doing that.

Just fill, validate and submit schedule 1.
oh
bundle of thanks
finally a sigh of relief
thank u once again

ch.immigration

Feb 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013 for wife
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
april 2013
File Transfer...
april 2013
Med's Request
24 sep 2014
Interview........
inshallah waived
dukhi said:
in IMM5257E its written at the bottom of the form

"if you answered YES to any of the question 3 to 6 or upon request of a visa officer you may be required to fill out IMM5257 Schedule1."

and this indicates i guess its not compulsory unless you meet those requirements. I submitted online application and the Schedule1 form was optional in that.
yes dear
i thought the same as you
and as none of the ans was yes so didnt send the form
but chc returned my application
with a letter to submit the missing document
hope this help

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ch.immigration said:
yes dear
i thought the same as you
and as none of the ans was yes so didnt send the form
but chc returned my application
with a letter to submit the missing document
hope this help
Well there are quite a few requirements which differ from what is mentioned officially on the website. This schedule 1 is one of those. It basically is about declarations of health, criminal activities or political affiliations. Fedex guys told me i have to submit it even for my kids under 5 years of age. Otherwise, there is likeliness of being returned form.

Another instance for e.g. is that several forms have stated on the top "to be filled by people 18 or above". But like i said, i had to do that for kids.

Similarly, every checklist (temp resident visa, work or study permit) states clearly "No separate application required for children under 18". But they do require forms and won't accept application without it.

I was under the impression that online app would have added these as compulsory thereby helping an applicant to avoid those (i have never submitted online personally). Seems like this loophole exists there too.

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
yes may be ur right...but if you look at the Schedule 1 form its all about the Question 3 to 6 explanation like which political party you were affiliated with, detail of government position etc etc but if you have answered NO to 3 to 6 this form doesnt make sense at all logically.....keeping my fingers crossed

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
dukhi said:
yes may be ur right...but if you look at the Schedule 1 form its all about the Question 3 to 6 explanation like which political party you were affiliated with, detail of government position etc etc but if you have answered NO to 3 to 6 this form doesnt make sense at all logically.....keeping my fingers crossed
I agree. I inferred the same from it and wasn't going to send schedule 1 myself, until i was told by Fedex guys. I might not have believed him even because to me, written instructions carry more weight always.

Unfortunately, i had been bitten once before i.e. my application was returned earlier stating "temp resident visa forms required for kids" although it is clearly mentioned 'they were not required' in the checklist i.e.
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/pakistan/visas/54_1.aspx

Interestingly checklist also states, "[IMM 5257 - Schedule 1] required for all applicants 18yrs and older" :)

So basically, there are mistakes with the docs with embassy and there is no pleasant way getting around it. Besides, if there was an additional form which they do not require, such as schedule 1, they would simply throw it away (in case of paper application). Better safe than sorry.

By the way, the checklist that Fedex office had WAS DIFFERENT. It was taken from the international.gc.ca (international page) and not the country specific link to Pakistan although requirements and timelines significantly vary by country and every embassy maintains its own page. However, upon asking Fedex told me, they and embassy both know there are mistakes in the original checklist and docs, hence they use the one from international page which is more close and recent :)

ch.immigration

Feb 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013 for wife
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
april 2013
File Transfer...
april 2013
Med's Request
24 sep 2014
Interview........
inshallah waived
fkl said:
I agree. I inferred the same from it and wasn't going to send schedule 1 myself, until i was told by Fedex guys. I might not have believed him even because to me, written instructions carry more weight always.

Unfortunately, i had been bitten once before i.e. my application was returned earlier stating "temp resident visa forms required for kids" although it is clearly mentioned 'they were not required' in the checklist i.e.
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/pakistan/visas/54_1.aspx

Interestingly checklist also states, "[IMM 5257 - Schedule 1] required for all applicants 18yrs and older" :)

So basically, there are mistakes with the docs with embassy and there is no pleasant way getting around it. Besides, if there was an additional form which they do not require, such as schedule 1, they would simply throw it away (in case of paper application). Better safe than sorry.

By the way, the checklist that Fedex office had WAS DIFFERENT. It was taken from the international.gc.ca (international page) and not the country specific link to Pakistan although requirements and timelines significantly vary by country and every embassy maintains its own page. However, upon asking Fedex told me, they and embassy both know there are mistakes in the original checklist and docs, hence they use the one from international page which is more close and recent :)
thanks for all ur posts
they are really helpful

kasmusrob

Jul 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
islambad/ottawa/london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
Doc's Request.
not yet
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
02-04-2013
Med's Request
03 march 2015
Med's Done....
20-09-2012 03 march 2015
Interview........
march19 2015 passed
Passport Req..
got visa on interview
VISA ISSUED...
in interview
LANDED..........
may 2015 inshaallah
Guys do you have any information whether chc Islamabad affected by visa officers strike or not.thanks

TRVhelp

Jul 16, 2013
I know there are some really knowledgable people on this forum and I would be eternally grateful if someone can assist me.

Here is the situation, my mother (68 years, widow) has previously been to Canada a few years ago and she got her first visa from the Canadian HC in London, although she has a Pakistani passport but she was visiting me and my brother who live in the UK. My mother is really well travelled, and have several visas on her passport including USA, UK, Schengen, Canada (twice) etc.

She applied for the Canadian visa the second time from Pakistan and was successful in getting it, but unfortunately she could not travel on the visa as my sister was not well (we had already purchased non refundable tickets which went to waste) and now last month she applied for the TRV the third time and they refused her, with the usual generic reasons, saying that they considered her ties to Canada and country of residence, her financial situation and economic condition of the country....their financial concern was a bit surprising as we showed more money this time than we did the last two times (I am her sponsor), also she went to Canada the first time and came back after two weeks, the second time she didnt even travel on her visa...so why do they think she will not come back the third time? All her children and grand children live outside Canada, she has property and responsibilities in Pakistan and would definitely return.

Now my mother's sister lives in Canada with rest of her family, and her sister due to old age cannot travel. Also worth mentioning that I hold Canadian PR but live in the UK and planning to move to Canada later this year. I would like my mother to visit me as well, which she does in the UK (both me and my brother have lived here for more than ten years and she has been visiting us since, with all respect to the immigration laws).

Please can someone advise on what will be the best way to proceed, some people on this forum mentioned that once refused it is difficult to get the visa again. I dont really understand the reasons behind her refusal and would like to reapply.

Thank you so much for your time, greatly appreciated!

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
I don't think there is any problem. The only problem is bad time.
I would suggest to re-apply again with same documents and make sure you provide copies of all of her current and previous passports.
A personal suggestion, make a short 3 to 4 lines letter on behalf of your mom telling VO that she would return to her comfort zone plus mention
she is the care taker of all your family properties and family matters.

Hope this would work.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
TRVhelp said:
I know there are some really knowledgable people on this forum and I would be eternally grateful if someone can assist me.

Here is the situation, my mother (68 years, widow) has previously been to Canada a few years ago and she got her first visa from the Canadian HC in London, although she has a Pakistani passport but she was visiting me and my brother who live in the UK. My mother is really well travelled, and have several visas on her passport including USA, UK, Schengen, Canada (twice) etc.

She applied for the Canadian visa the second time from Pakistan and was successful in getting it, but unfortunately she could not travel on the visa as my sister was not well (we had already purchased non refundable tickets which went to waste) and now last month she applied for the TRV the third time and they refused her, with the usual generic reasons, saying that they considered her ties to Canada and country of residence, her financial situation and economic condition of the country....their financial concern was a bit surprising as we showed more money this time than we did the last two times (I am her sponsor), also she went to Canada the first time and came back after two weeks, the second time she didnt even travel on her visa...so why do they think she will not come back the third time? All her children and grand children live outside Canada, she has property and responsibilities in Pakistan and would definitely return.

Now my mother's sister lives in Canada with rest of her family, and her sister due to old age cannot travel. Also worth mentioning that I hold Canadian PR but live in the UK and planning to move to Canada later this year. I would like my mother to visit me as well, which she does in the UK (both me and my brother have lived here for more than ten years and she has been visiting us since, with all respect to the immigration laws).

Please can someone advise on what will be the best way to proceed, some people on this forum mentioned that once refused it is difficult to get the visa again. I dont really understand the reasons behind her refusal and would like to reapply.

Thank you so much for your time, greatly appreciated!
In my opinion, as suggested already, you should write a letter on top of your application clearly elaborating evidence to support your early reasons of refusal plus elaborate on why your mother wasn't able to make it the last time she had a valid visa. It might be a good idea to add some documents proving exactly what happened.

Moreover, since you are her sponsor and i assume you are working and earning in canada, i wonder why haven't you applied for "super visa" for her. It is specially issued for aged parents of people living in Canada, is issued for 2 years and renewable up to 10 years.

Sara.ali

Jul 14, 2013
FreeHelp4Pakistanis said:
Nice to see you dear waqar.ahmad150
you are very wellcome here.your valuable recommendations and suggestions will be very helpful for all of us.
i canot fint ths thread

SAM629

Feb 17, 2013
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA-ISL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2013
AOR Received.
July 2013
File Transfer...
July 2013
Med's Request
Not yet.
Med's Done....
Medical Expired on 25 March 2014
Salam to everyone. My spousal application is processing in Mississauga and I also applied for my TRV last month on 10th june to visit my wife BUT I'm still waiting for CHC Islamabad response. And My TRV case situation is that I have to come back on 2nd september to continue my study as I have to complete my last semester of MBA and I told CHC that I will comeback in any case to complete my MBA. Is there any chance to receive TRV visa in my situation?