+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All Ottawa October applicants

dizzy007

Jun 16, 2016
App. Filed.......
15-10-2017
My Test was on 4th April, still status is "In Process". Why they yet not change the status to DM? Will they take time to change in ECAS?

Thanks
Hey, I was there as well :) and my ECAS status hasn't changed yet. The officer asked me couple questions and said that my application seems correct and they'll continue the process. I then asked him when should I be expecting my oath invitation to which he answered: 4 to 8 weeks.

Cheers,

Reactions: alex.parish

dizzy007

Jun 16, 2016
App. Filed.......
15-10-2017
Hi,
Mine and yours timeline matches alot.
Received: oct 23rd
Aor: jan 4th
IP: Jan 26th
But nothing after - any suggestions?
I'd say to wait another month and if you don't get any follow-up, then you might want show up at your mp's office to put some pressure ;)

alex.parish

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hey, I was there as well :) and my ECAS status hasn't changed yet. The officer asked me couple questions and said that my application seems correct and they'll continue the process. I then asked him when should I be expecting my oath invitation to which he answered: 4 to 8 weeks.

Cheers,
-------------------------------
My Status is updated on 9th April to "Decision Made". what about you?

Reactions: dizzy007

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
Dear forum members from Ottawa. Today, exactly six months and two days after I sent the citizenship application, I became a Canadian citizen.

Thank you again all for all the advices I got from you on this forum.

mirsad

Nov 5, 2014
Got invitationfor test on 25th April - 235 queent street at 1pm
Any one experienced- please share your experience.
Congrats! It's pretty straight forward. If you enter the building from Queen street, use the staircases you see on your right to go up to the C3 level. You'll see two elevators but you don't need to use them. The door for the examination room is going to be on your left. You first write the exam and then go back to the waiting room. Someone will call your name and tell you how you did in the exam. They then go through your documents and ask you some simple questions about your life in Canada.

liveIsHop

Sep 23, 2016
Congrats! It's pretty straight forward. If you enter the building from Queen street, use the staircases you see on your right to go up to the C3 level. You'll see two elevators but you don't need to use them. The door for the examination room is going to be on your left. You first write the exam and then go back to the waiting room. Someone will call your name and tell you how you did in the exam. They then go through your documents and ask you some simple questions about your life in Canada.

Parking, Parking, Parking. Be prepared for this. it is very had to park.

alex.parish

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hi,

My Husband missed his first citizenship exam(18th Jan 2018), now CIC updated ECAS "We sent you a letter on April 13, 2018. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."

I still not got the letter of next test date. Should I call CIC? Plz advice

alex.parish

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018

Cheers,
------------------------------------------------------
Hi Friend,

Did your ECAS update to Decision Made?

koxinel

Dec 6, 2017
Hey guys,

According to the official cic website, there are three oath ceremonies scheduled for Apr 27 in Ottawa. However still nobody from the spreadsheet has reported being invited to take the oath on that day...

Any of you guys has received an oath letter for that day? It seems unlikely that they would invite applicants only 10 days or less before the actual date or would they? Did that happen before?

It’s quite challenging to plan for work, I am trying to see if there any chance (risk?) I’d be invited to take the oath on that day. DM was on Mar 24.

Reactions: mirsad and fara0173