All Ottawa October applicants

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Here is the report from my citizenship test, and interview held yesterday downtown Ottawa. I hope it will provide some useful information for the other Ottawa applicants.

After I received the test invite with the address I checked for the available parking nearby on Google, and was pleased to find two parking garages just steps away. But guess what - on the test day both were already full at 7:45, and I needed to search for the free street parking spot. So plan enough time not just for the usual Ottawa traffic rush, but for finding the parking also.

Inside the building take the escalator on the left (when entering from the Queen street) to take you one level up in the west tower. You will almost immediately enter the waiting room. Keep the invite letter and an id ready.

There were around 50 applicants there, first we got the test answer sheet, and “were you ever convicted, terrorist, deported ...“ questionnaire. Then we were asked to enter the test room, instructed about the procedure and given the test questions sheets.

Test questions were very easy, just read Discover Canada several times, and practice the free online tests. Don’t spend your money on paid tests, and “preparation materials“. Sometimes you can find in the news that citizenship test is also a test of English language - this might be true, and the language level is basic. Also there were no misleading or dubious questions/answers included.

Immediately after you finish with the test you can return to the waiting room, and wait to be called for an interview. Test officials promptly deliver tests from the test room to the interview officers, so if you finish sooner you will have the interview sooner.

For my interview friendly officer asked only for one piece of id (health card or driving license), PR card, and the passport. No need to present a COPR, or a language test results or anything else. Interview started again with the explicit questions about convictions, deportations, terrorism... Then followed with questions about my work, residency, potential PR and work statuses in other countries besides Canada and home country. Officer asked if I pay taxes, and then went trough my passport in detail. He compared every stamp with the residency calculator printout, and check marked every matching date on the printout. I have collected about 25 travels in my eligibility period all of them to the US or Europe. As many other applicants I didn’t enter the 30 min absence for the flag poling in the absences section, that was not a problem as he simply check marked the “becoming PR date” in the printout.

And that was all. He said that my file is OK, and complete, and that my oath should be scheduled in a month or two.

And I can see that today, one day after the test, my ecas status has changed to the Decision made.

Good luck to every other Ottawa applicant.
congrads, can you provide your timeline?

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Are there any free parking available near the office?
It's downtown Ottawa, so I don't think there's any free parking during work hours :s

koxinel

Dec 6, 2017
Please update the spreadsheet:
Test passed Mar 22
Decision Made Mar 24

Now waiting for the oath date, and it looks like there is quite a bit of variation for Ottawa applicants. Some people got the oath invitation in 2-3 weeks vs some people still waiting from January... anyone know the approximate wait time between 'Decision Made' and the oath invitation at our office?

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
Test passed Mar 22
Decision Made Mar 24

Now waiting for the oath date, and it looks like there is quite a bit of variation for Ottawa applicants. Some people got the oath invitation in 2-3 weeks vs some people still waiting from January... anyone know the approximate wait time between 'Decision Made' and the oath invitation at our office?
See the google docs spreadsheet.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Test passed Mar 22
Decision Made Mar 24

Updated.

malikumershaheen

Star Member
May 24, 2013
My time line

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 23, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 28, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on January 29, 2012.
  4. We sent you a notice on March 12 , 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 4, 2018 at 1:15 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us
I received the letter 2 days later on the 14 i believe, and the address on it is @ 235 Queen Street.

GL to all !
Hi,
Mine and yours timeline matches alot.
Received: oct 23rd
Aor: jan 4th
IP: Jan 26th
But nothing after - any suggestions?

Reactions: I love canada 99

Sonamal

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
No, i havent got FP or any other request after the test. Waiting and checking the ecas status every day :D
We're in the same boat. I also passed the test on feb 16 my status changed to DM the next day but not my family's. We all passed the test same day! Waiting and checking everyday as well!

Reactions: wvo2017

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
We're in the same boat. I also passed the test on feb 16 my status changed to DM the next day but not my family's. We all passed the test same day! Waiting and checking everyday as well!
Hopefully we all get the DM status soon. Please update us if you get the DM status.

Reactions: Sonamal

rambo-serpent

Mar 25, 2014
any update for the following ottawa applicants? did you get test invite yet?

@zirwa79
@rambo-serpent
@liveIsHop
@Tropics
@curious_123
@mirsad
@barcafan
@I love canada 99
@N_O
@dizzy007
@matanglawain
@harak
@mux
@Lmastory
@hasy
@Mrs_Canuck
Sorry for the late update guys!! was busy with some personal errands

I finished my test on March 22nd and updated to DM on March 23rd - Officer told me the file is all good and will get Oath invitation in the first/Second week of April 2018

Please update the spreadsheet

Reactions: Kan_Sri

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
Sorry for the late update guys!! was busy with some personal errands

I finished my test on March 22nd and updated to DM on March 23rd - Officer told me the file is all good and will get Oath invitation in the first/Second week of April 2018

Please update the spreadsheet
Congrats, updated the sheet, when did you get your test invitation?

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
got oath invitation today... sent on 26th march..oath is on 13th april... :)
looks like end of the tunnel :)
Many congrads!! that was quick after the test on mar 22!! i have updated the ss.