8 oct 2009 at mumbai INDIA
Passport Req..
17 feb 2010 by email
VISA ISSUED...
22 march 2010 got pp back on 29 march 2010
LANDED..........
20 Aug 2010
Hi Ottawa applicants:

I did a family application - 2 adults and 2 kids.
My timeline is
AOR Oct 30
IP Jan 10
Test date: March 1
DM: March 3rd

My only concern is that my wife;s status has not changed yet. She had to provide FP before the test. I did not have to. She submitted them 3 weeks before the test. We both passed the test and the officer said we would be invited for the Oath within 1-2 months. My application status changed to DM 2 days after the test. My wife's has not changed yet. I called CIC today. The agents said the fingerprint has reached them and will be updated eventually.

I am wondering if someone has passed through the same issue and how long it took to be updated in the ECAS.

Kind regards to all.
Usually 3-4 weeks after FP recived by CIC.
Mine reached st Clair on Jan 19 and DM feb 15.

You can refer spread sheet to get better idea.

Reactions: HeartSxCan

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
App sent Oct 17
AOR Dec 19
I received the exam request 2 days ago which set for March 29th
Welcome to the forum. Can you provide when your app went to In process? can you confirm the location is ottawa?
Good luck with the test.

ARCAN322

Mar 15, 2018
Welcome to the forum. Can you provide when your app went to In process? can you confirm the location is ottawa?
Good luck with the test.
My app went into Processing on Jan 23rd and it is in Ottawa.

I just have a question that I started a thread for but here i thought here i may get more answers.

I sent the application in Oct 2017 and received the Citizenship Test request a few days ago for end of March. I was casually double checking my physical presence and found out for some reason I made the stupid assumption that I only had to report the absence time Since becoming a landed immigrant in 2014.

My eligibility period was actually from 2012-2014 (International student) and 2014-2017 (Landed Immigrant). I had two travels out of Canada during 2012-2014 that I failed to mention (a total of 25 days).

Well, this does not affect my minimum requirement for physical presence as I am almost a year over.
But I am afraid that this may be deemed as misrepresentation. I know this will come up in the interview as the officer will check my old passport stamps and sees.

How can I correct this? Has anyone had any similar situation?

Cheers

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
My app went into Processing on Jan 23rd and it is in Ottawa.

I just have a question that I started a thread for but here i thought here i may get more answers.

I sent the application in Oct 2017 and received the Citizenship Test request a few days ago for end of March. I was casually double checking my physical presence and found out for some reason I made the stupid assumption that I only had to report the absence time Since becoming a landed immigrant in 2014.

My eligibility period was actually from 2012-2014 (International student) and 2014-2017 (Landed Immigrant). I had two travels out of Canada during 2012-2014 that I failed to mention (a total of 25 days).

Well, this does not affect my minimum requirement for physical presence as I am almost a year over.
But I am afraid that this may be deemed as misrepresentation. I know this will come up in the interview as the officer will check my old passport stamps and sees.

How can I correct this? Has anyone had any similar situation?

Cheers

I think it should be fine... just go and write the test and if during the interview they ask den provide the explanation...

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
Hello All

I have my citizenship test coming up and just wanted to ensure if I am taking all the documents for the day. Please let me know if I am missing anything:

+citizenship test letter

+PR card

+driving and health card from Ontario

+COPR

+ Passports within eligibility period (1 expired and 1 valid)

+study permit, off campus work permit and post graduate wp

+original IELTS and degree from Canada

+a copy of citizenship application

thanks

otwowa

Mar 3, 2018
My timeline:
App delivered: Oct 16,
AOR: Nov.15
IP: Dec.8
Notice test: Jan.9
Test: Feb.1

During the interview the officer says the case is approved and wait for 2 months.
While it has been 45 days and still no DM, I doubt that Oath will happen in 15 day...
It seems most person get DM in a day or two after test. What procedure might be blocking my case?

Thanks,

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
My timeline:

During the interview the officer says the case is approved and wait for 2 months.
While it has been 45 days and still no DM, I doubt that Oath will happen in 15 day...
It seems most person get DM in a day or two after test. What procedure might be blocking my case?

Thanks,
I had my test on Feb 16. No DM. The officer told me to wait for two months as well. Security check is blocking our applications. Until it is done we should wait. I guess if your are from contries like Iran, unfortunately your security check can take longer.

Reactions: otwowa

rx_tech

Star Member
May 8, 2013
I had my test on Feb 16. No DM. The officer told me to wait for two months as well. Security check is blocking our applications. Until it is done we should wait. I guess if your are from contries like Iran, unfortunately your security check can take longer.
Hello,

Our test was on Feb 14, my wife's status has changed to DM and mine hasn't. We don't need fingerprint or security check and still no oath invitation!

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
My timeline:

Thanks,
I added you to the sheet. Can you share your
App. Type
Physical Presence Days
App. Sent
for the sheet.

The delay may be due to the security clearance which can take longer in some cases. Good luck

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
Hello,

Our test was on Feb 14, my wife's status has changed to DM and mine hasn't. We don't need fingerprint or security check and still no oath invitation!
Why you don't need the security cheeck? Everyone needs the go through security check. Most probably the reason that your status is not DM is that your security check is not completed.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Why you don't need the security cheeck? Everyone needs the go through security check. Most probably the reason that your status is not DM is that your security check is not completed.
Yeah everyone has to pass security check. Maybe he's confused with criminality which is different from security check. Usually criminality is passed quickly after a name/DoB check if no finger print is needed, but security check takes a lot longer.

Reactions: rx_tech

otwowa

Mar 3, 2018
Wvo thanks.
Seems the best way is to wait...

Reactions: wvo2017

otwowa

Mar 3, 2018
I added you to the sheet. Can you share your
App. Type
Physical Presence Days
App. Sent
for the sheet.

The delay may be due to the security clearance which can take longer in some cases. Good luck
Thanks HLR,
It's family app; App. sent Oct 12. I don't have presence days with me should be just good for 3/5 rule.