+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All Ottawa October applicants

fara0173

Star Member
Jan 11, 2018
Thats exactly whats in the instructions guide - you don't need police clearance certificate - again i don't want to speculate your case ... you may very well hear from them today or next week and we may be taking oath together ![/QUOTE
Thats exactly whats in the instructions guide - you don't need police clearance certificate - again i don't want to speculate your case ... you may very well hear from them today or next week and we may be taking oath together !
i hope so!
Thank you!

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
What i meant is that She didn’t mention anything was pending and I didn’t ask. Since she she didn’t mention it I thought I’d get dm and oath invite real quick. However she did ask about my time ouside of canada and to get a police certificate since i was abroad over 183 days but I clarified that it was not all in one country and that i was in one country for a certain amount of days and in onother for that amount of days but because they were European countries they dont stamp your way out and in. Therefor, I didn’t need and police certificate from either countries. I gave her the dates but nothing was in paper, she did seem satisfied and she didn’t ask for further documents so I guessed that everything was ok. I even called cic and they said that no documents are further requested from you. What’s your thoughts?
If they had doubts about what you told them you would be getting a request for more information. The officer who interviewed you seemed happy with what you told them, so it's unlikely that'll happen.

As the officer didn't tell you what the status of your background checks is there is a possibility they're waiting for one of those (that's out of IRCC's control: it's RCMP and CSIS who do the work). Some officers will tell people if that's the case and some won't if people don't ask...

Even if that's not something they're waiting for, it can still take weeks for the status change to be processed and for the invitation to the ceremony to be sent.

The spreadsheet can give a hint about processing times, but there aren't that many data points, so it's a vague indication at most. The Ottawa office seems to be quite quick, though, so we have that going for us (considering other places are closer to the year-mark for citizenship ceremonies). Even at their slowest most people (who provided data for the spreadsheet) get their DM within about a month.

But yeah, the wait is frustrating.

SHaRPY

Jan 11, 2018
Congrats,
when did you get your DM?
thanks
February 22nd ...

Doesn't mean to put you down but people must put some effort by looking at different threads or postings on this forum before asking questions on typical information; for example, you could have looked at my past postings or at the tracking sheet to know my timeline - good luck with your application !

didier2017

Nov 17, 2017
February 22nd ...

Doesn't mean to put you down but people must put some effort by looking at different threads or postings on this forum before asking questions on typical information; for example, you could have looked at my past postings or at the tracking sheet to know my timeline - good luck with your application !
I got DM 21 february and test was 20 february. I think my oath ceremony could be between this month or april.

Biborno

Apr 3, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0631 (MI 2)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
20-08-2014
  1. We sent you a notice on March 1, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 16, 2018 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
  1. We sent you a notice on March 1, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 16, 2018 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment
Updated. Congrats!!

IXIA150

Apr 28, 2017
Hi
Ecas status today updated
We sent on March 2nd a notice to appear on March 16th at 1.15pm to take the Oath.
My test and interview was on Feb 14th 10:15am. And DM was updated on ECAS on Feb 16th.

Reactions: morenawella

shekhawatmx

Star Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dubai UAE
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22 May 2009
File Transfer...
16 june 2009 from CIO
Med's Request
26 aug 2009
Med's Done....
8 oct 2009 at mumbai INDIA
Passport Req..
17 feb 2010 by email
VISA ISSUED...
22 march 2010 got pp back on 29 march 2010
LANDED..........
20 Aug 2010
My wife got oath invite for March 16
Plz update spread sheet. Also plz change name to Subhi to avid confusion because I’m still waiting oath.

Reactions: morenawella

Mazcar

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
My wife got oath invite for March 16
Plz update spread sheet. Also plz change name to Subhi to avid confusion because I’m still waiting oath.
Done and done.
Congrats for your wife. Hopefully you’ll get yours soon

morenawella

Oct 23, 2012
I have the same situation, I passed (with decision made in the next day) and my wife failed the exam. more than 5 weeks passed and the re-test date for my wife is not specified yet. My application is frozen until she clears the test again. The application is considered non-routine now!
P.S.: I'm live in Ottawa too
Hi Ramaram,
Any update in your situation? Did your wife get the 2nd test invitation?
Nothing new from my side and still waiting response.

Thanks