+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All Ottawa October applicants

SHaRPY

Jan 11, 2018
Folks, my oath ceremony set to March 16, 2018 at 10:30 AM - just got the status updated on ecas!

Apparently, IRCC took exactly 5 months from the day they received my application to the oath.

Good luck to those waiting ....

fara0173

Star Member
Jan 11, 2018
Folks, my oath ceremony set to March 16, 2018 at 10:30 AM - just got the status updated on ecas!

Apparently, IRCC took exactly 5 months from the day they received my application to the oath.

Congrats! Lucky you i had my test on feb 16 and still no DM yet!:(

SHaRPY

Jan 11, 2018
what did the officer tell you during interview about next steps - is there any matter pending on your file? i was told all processing on my file was done and i should hear about oath date within 2 months!

fara0173

Star Member
Jan 11, 2018
what did the officer tell you during interview about next steps - is there any matter pending on your file? i was told all processing on my file was done and i should hear about oath date within 2 months!
she told me next step is to bring my original landing document to my oath ceremony and that’s it! She didn’t say anything was pending

SHaRPY

Jan 11, 2018
she told me next step is to bring my original landing document to my oath ceremony and that’s it! She didn’t say anything was pending
i don't like to speculate anything here but ... to clarify "she didn't say anything was pending" or "she said nothing was pending" - i would feel much confident with the latter though - IMO, the interview is the best time to talk to someone in person (who knows better about your file than the call center agent) to check on the status of your application - at the end of the interview i was given a chance to ask questions and i am guessing all applicants would get the same chance - all applicants MUST make use of it to stay clear on what to expect next !

fara0173

Star Member
Jan 11, 2018
i don't like to speculate anything here but ... to clarify "she didn't say anything was pending" or "she said nothing was pending" - i would feel much confident with the latter though - IMO, the interview is the best time to talk to someone in person (who knows better about your file than the call center agent) to check on the status of your application - at the end of the interview i was given a chance to ask questions and i am guessing all applicants would get the same chance - all applicants MUST make use of it to stay clear on what to expect next !
What i meant is that She didn’t mention anything was pending and I didn’t ask. Since she she didn’t mention it I thought I’d get dm and oath invite real quick. However she did ask about my time ouside of canada and to get a police certificate since i was abroad over 183 days but I clarified that it was not all in one country and that i was in one country for a certain amount of days and in onother for that amount of days but because they were European countries they dont stamp your way out and in. Therefor, I didn’t need and police certificate from either countries. I gave her the dates but nothing was in paper, she did seem satisfied and she didn’t ask for further documents so I guessed that everything was ok. I even called cic and they said that no documents are further requested from you. What’s your thoughts?

SHaRPY

Jan 11, 2018
What i meant is that She didn’t mention anything was pending and I didn’t ask. Since she she didn’t mention it I thought I’d get dm and oath invite real quick. However she did ask about my time ouside of canada and to get a police certificate since i was abroad over 183 days but I clarified that it was not all in one country and that i was in one country for a certain amount of days and in onother for that amount of days but because they were European countries they dont stamp your way out and in. Therefor, I didn’t need and police certificate from either countries. I gave her the dates but nothing was in paper, she did seem satisfied and she didn’t ask for further documents so I guessed that everything was ok. I even called cic and they said that no documents are further requested from you. What’s your thoughts?
Thats exactly whats in the instructions guide - you don't need police clearance certificate - again i don't want to speculate your case ... you may very well hear from them today or next week and we may be taking oath together !

Reactions: fara0173

CICOtawa

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015

That's great, we took the test in same day, I hope I get the oath invite soon!

didier2017

Nov 17, 2017

Congrats,
when did you get your DM?
thanks

cupcakes

Jan 10, 2014
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
Nomination.....
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
Med's Request
30-01-2015
Med's Done....
31-01-2015
Passport Req..
05-15-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-25-2015
LANDED..........
06-15-2015
We're all in the same boat! I hope ECAS updates soon enough for everyone.

Reactions: fara0173