+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All applicants from PhD stream 2014 December network here

zedd4x

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
NEWMANMAN said:
I actually do not know what to say but I think we have no chance! sorry if I am so direct! They stopped charging PhDs from December 1st and it means PhD was capped :(
Yeah I guess this analysis is correct. Having hope seems to contribute to a waste of time for preparation of the next steps whatever they might be.

doc_mady

Star Member
Dec 12, 2014
Hello guys,

I would like to thank everybody who called CIC and updated us with the status of their application once they got a response. I just wanna tell you that based on my experience, those call centre agents know nothing. They can definitely check the status of your application, and for sure, if they tell you that your application has been returned, that is most probably true because they tell you what shows up on the system. However, sometimes they don't have a clue. I don't think those agents even realize that PhD stream has a separate cap. Having the overall cap reached doesn't necessarily mean that PhD stream is capped too.
Indeed, that they stopped charging PhD students applied after Dec 1st which was an extremely bad sign. However, I don't see the point of keeping all our applications that long. Moreover, If the cap was reached just before Dec 1st, that means CIC was doing just bullshit and updating misleading cap numbers on the website, (Since May till Nov 19, we have only 229 applicants), even if we assume that they had a delay in processing, look at us, we are only 12 here who applied in December. Definitely the number is not quite accurate because the sample size doesn't represent total population, but I wouldn't expect that in a month they get as many applications as 6 months.
Regardless, I don't really care if they will send back my application. The most important thing that we did what we were supposed to do. We applied, got IELTS, collected the documents, and we have been in every single route towards success. If our applications are not successful, that is fine, may be god has a better plan for all of us.
eventually, I don't think that a PR application rejection is the end of the world, and I believe that all of us will be definitely successful in our lives and it will be an honor for any other country to have us like states or new zealand or Australia. Therefore, I would highly recommend that we live happily no matter what, and I am quite confident that all of us have hundreds of blessings that other don't have.
I will keep you updated if I hear back from CIC.
Sincerely, Mohamed

DEC14

Jan 14, 2015
NS
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15-04-2017
doc_mady said:
Hello guys,

I would like to thank everybody who called CIC and updated us with the status of their application once they got a response. I just wanna tell you that based on my experience, those call centre agents know nothing. They can definitely check the status of your application, and for sure, if they tell you that your application has been returned, that is most probably true because they tell you what shows up on the system. However, sometimes they don't have a clue. I don't think those agents even realize that PhD stream has a separate cap. Having the overall cap reached doesn't necessarily mean that PhD stream is capped too.
Indeed, that they stopped charging PhD students applied after Dec 1st which was an extremely bad sign. However, I don't see the point of keeping all our applications that long. Moreover, If the cap was reached just before Dec 1st, that means CIC was doing just bull*censored word* and updating misleading cap numbers on the website, (Since May till Nov 19, we have only 229 applicants), even if we assume that they had a delay in processing, look at us, we are only 12 here who applied in December. Definitely the number is not quite accurate because the sample size doesn't represent total population, but I wouldn't expect that in a month they get as many applications as 6 months.
Regardless, I don't really care if they will send back my application. The most important thing that we did what we were supposed to do. We applied, got IELTS, collected the documents, and we have been in every single route towards success. If our applications are not successful, that is fine, may be god has a better plan for all of us.
eventually, I don't think that a PR application rejection is the end of the world, and I believe that all of us will be definitely successful in our lives and it will be an honor for any other country to have us like states or new zealand or Australia. Therefore, I would highly recommend that we live happily no matter what, and I am quite confident that all of us have hundreds of blessings that other don't have.
Sincerely, Mohamed
Well said Mohamed.....There is no point of being panic now....unless our application is in our hand, we could still hope for the best....Waiting is only one solution we have now (either for charging or getting application package back) .....So help each other by sharing whatever updates each of us get....but please do not just believe what the agent said....It seems that call agents are delivering very random thoughts to avoid our calls...if u guys decided to call, try to ask as many explicit questions as you u can with optimism ....

Cheers!!!

NEWMANMAN

Oct 27, 2014
doc_mady said:
Hello guys,

Indeed, that they stopped charging PhD students applied after Dec 1st which was an extremely bad sign. However, I don't see the point of keeping all our applications that long. Moreover, If the cap was reached just before Dec 1st, that means CIC was doing just bull*censored word* and updating misleading cap numbers on the website, (Since May till Nov 19, we have only 229 applicants), even if we assume that they had a delay in processing, look at us, we are only 12 here who applied in December. Definitely the number is not quite accurate because the sample size doesn't represent total population, but I wouldn't expect that in a month they get as many applications as 6 months.
Sincerely, Mohamed
I like the way you are thinking, you are positive thinker and you will be successful in your life for sure. However, regarding the number of applications on November, I would like to say it only shows the number of applicants got PER email not the number of received applications. On November, they started working on July-August Applications (please see Canadavisa timeline for 2014 applicants). and regarding the long waiting time for us, I would like to say they do not care. Sorry if I am so direct! I think we have to start working on EE. My suggestion is to wait for another week and then start filling application for EE. We can use this forum to help each other on EE as well because we all are on the same track.

doc_mady

Star Member
Dec 12, 2014
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your nice words. CIC has never explicitly stated that the applications received towards CAP are only applications received (PER), otherwise, they should have said, applications received towards cap as of AUGUST 19 instead of November 19 :)
Anyway, I am fully convinced that CIC did a terrible job in both legislation and application of rules. They lacked transparency and they have never worked according to a well established plan. Every year they have new rules, new NOC list, and even new immigration system.
I have been living in Canada for 5 years, and I have never expected a developed country like Canada would have such terrible immigration system.
If I can go back in time, I wouldn't have chosen Canada.
I did submit an EE profile since January, and as I mentioned before, it is super competitive. It looks to me that Canada is not looking for foreigners anymore. It has a conservative government now. EE entry looks to me like an illusion, they just claimed that immigration became easier :)

NEWMANMAN said:
I like the way you are thinking, you are positive thinker and you will be successful in your life for sure. However, regarding the number of applications on November, I would like to say it only shows the number of applicants got PER email not the number of received applications. On November, they started working on July-August Applications (please see Canadavisa timeline for 2014 applicants). and regarding the long waiting time for us, I would like to say they do not care. Sorry if I am so direct! I think we have to start working on EE. My suggestion is to wait for another week and then start filling application for EE. We can use this forum to help each other on EE as well because we all are on the same track.

parajulirp

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Montreal Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
InLand
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
Hi Guys!

These all are assumptions! I appreciate Mohamed for positive & motivational thinking

While replying Nina84 & Sammoham, the agent considered Overall Cap, PhD Stream Cap is not Reached

Though 12 Dec PhD Stream Applicant in this thread are not representative, but since 1) they are inside canada, 2) applied in last moment &, 3) being unknown about Cap (as CIC did not show such info after Nov 17: 227), all Dec applicant are curious, -->more likely to join to be in touch!

Read this letter posted in another Thread carefully

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/december-2014-fsw-application-submission-t255341.8790.html

If you read the letter carefully, on the letter from CIC on 11th March, CIC is saying, Overall 25,000 is reached and the applicant is not under PhD stream! So, returned!

It indicates that PhD stream is not capped..

Kindly give a try to call CIC & ask to check specially PhD Stream Cap (Not Overall Cap of 25,000).

It would help, Guessing, or reaching in conclusion without legitimate evidence (like Doc/ consistencies in many response), will not help us.

I hope, CIC will start PhD stream by next week, they can charge CC soon.

They might be lenient to PhD stream as we are inside Canada & under long PhD Program.

Cheers

nina84

Jan 12, 2015
ON, Canada
NOC Code......
PhD stream (NOC 2123)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2015
AOR Received.
---
File Transfer...
---
Med's Request
---
VISA ISSUED...
---
LANDED..........
---
Hello everyone,

The image has been removed parajulirp.
When I called yesterday I specifically asked about the PhD stream cap and asked twice just to make sure and both times the agent said "yes". Anyways, I don't know how much we can trust the agent, but we will know in a week or two when one of us starts to get back their apps.

Good luck!

parajulirp said:
Hi Guys!

These all are assumptions! I appreciate Mohamed for positive & motivational thinking

While replying Nina84 & Sammoham, the agent considered Overall Cap, PhD Stream Cap is not Reached

Though 12 Dec PhD Stream Applicant in this thread are not representative, but since 1) they are inside canada, 2) applied in last moment &, 3) being unknown about Cap (as CIC did not show such info after Nov 17: 227), all Dec applicant are curious, -->more likely to join to be in touch!

Read this letter posted in another Thread carefully

http://[http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/december-2014-fsw-application-submission-t255341.8790.html

If you read the letter carefully, on the letter from CIC on 11th March, CIC is saying, Overall 25,000 is reached and the applicant is not under PhD stream! So, returned!

It indicates that PhD stream is not capped..

Kindly give a try to call CIC & ask to check specially PhD Stream Cap (Not Overall Cap of 25,000).

It would help, Guessing, or reaching in conclusion without legitimate evidence (like Doc/ consistencies in many response), will not help us.

I hope, CIC will start PhD stream by next week, they can charge CC soon.

They might be lenient to PhD stream as we are inside Canada & under long PhD Program.

Cheers

parajulirp

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Montreal Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
InLand
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
No Nina84

The image is still there!

The link was broken before (while I post it initially, now it is corrected),

Now if you click it, you can see the letter from CIC after increasing the Zoom percentage of your Window..

Please Give a try..Lets Hope, PhD Cap is not Reached!

Dear, Dec 5 & Dec 8th Applicant, kindly update ASAP if you hear back from CIC

Cheers

zedd4x

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
I am not sure why are people ignoring facts. There was a guy who called, gave his application number to the agent and they said that it has been returned due to cap being reached. It is clear as day.

I can confirm myself too. I am a December 8th applicant. I called CIC just now and they confirmed that my application was returned yesterday. She said the cap must have been reached between late november to early decemebr but she didn't have the exact date for when the cap was reached. I know its sad, but this is the truth. Let's not look at some way to refute this fact.

Good luck with your future applications. I will probably hold off until I finish my degree later this year and reapply via PNP since I intend to reside in BC which is where I will be graduating from. I think that's the best option for me. Appying to EE while studing and without a job offer/PNP seems pointless to me given the competition.

Best,
zedd4x

parajulirp said:
No Nina84

The image is still there!

The link was broken before (while I post it initially, now it is corrected),

Now if you click it, you can see the letter from CIC after increasing the Zoom percentage of your Window..

Please Give a try..Lets Hope, PhD Cap is not Reached!

Dear, Dec 5 & Dec 8th Applicant, kindly update ASAP if you hear back from CIC

Cheers

nina84

Jan 12, 2015
ON, Canada
NOC Code......
PhD stream (NOC 2123)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2015
AOR Received.
---
File Transfer...
---
Med's Request
---
VISA ISSUED...
---
LANDED..........
---
Thanks for calling and sharing the info. I totally agree with you, EE is not an option for us. I will also focus on finishing and if still in Canada I'll apply as PNP. PNP is a safe and easy option and doesn't require as much documents as FSW.

Cheers!

zedd4x said:
I am not sure why are people ignoring facts. There was a guy who called, gave his application number to the agent and they said that it has been returned due to cap being reached. It is clear as day.

I can confirm myself too. I am a December 8th applicant. I called CIC just now and they confirmed that my application was returned yesterday. She said the cap must have been reached between late november to early decemebr but she didn't have the exact date for when the cap was reached. I know its sad, but this is the truth. Let's not look at some way to refute this fact.

Good luck with your future applications. I will probably hold off until I finish my degree later this year and reapply via PNP since I intend to reside in BC which is where I will be graduating from. I think that's the best option for me. Appying to EE while studing and without a job offer/PNP seems pointless to me given the competition.

Best,
zedd4x

doc_mady

Star Member
Dec 12, 2014
It is OK guys.. Take it easy..
Life is not gonna stop, and I still believe that what happened is the best for all of us.
I am certain that all of you will be successful wherever you are.
Cheers,
Mohamed

s-r-z

Star Member
Jul 19, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2015
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
Friends,

I am a Dec applicant, mine received Dec 3rd, no CC charge. I just called CIC, a nice lady asked for my info, and found no result in their system. She told me she will send an email to Sydney and ask about my application.
I asked if the 500 cap for PhD stream is reached, she told there are other caps that been reached, but there is no info on the system for PhD cap.

Since there are Dec applicants who called and been told that their application was returned because the cap is reached, most probably the cap is reached. But it seems we cannot figure out what time it reached, or CIC works too randomly.

doc_mady

Star Member
Dec 12, 2014
NEWMANMAN said:
Is there anyone here applied for EE? if yes I have some questions,
I did make a profile since January. Feel free to ask me whatever questions you have ;)
cheers,

Mohamed