+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL ABOUT GCMS - HOW TO ORDER, READ, & GENERAL QUESTIONS ANSWERED

Aspirant2506

Star Member
Sep 22, 2014
Hi, probably should just wait at this stage. You can certainly cite information from the Gcms Notes in your web form and you will likely get a response to wait as well, but you can certainly try if you like. All the best.
Thank you so much. It's just the impatience during these uncertain times :|

Reactions: caipsnotes

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
I submitted a webform a couple of months ago to update my address but didn't hear anything back. Should this change of information show up in GCMS notes? I received mine recently and don't see it anywhere in there.
When were the Gcms Notes generated vs when was the web form sent. It can take time for the web form information to be processed and such changes are reflected in the Incoming section of the Gcms Notes.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I submitted a webform a couple of months ago to update my address but didn't hear anything back. Should this change of information show up in GCMS notes? I received mine recently and don't see it anywhere in there.

See page 3-4 of your GCMS notes under Client Details, your new address will be reflected there if it has been changed.

However, also check the date of generation of your GCMS notes, at the bottom of each page. If your webform was sent and processed after the GCMS notes were generated, the info will not be there.

KDM13

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Category........
CEC
See page 3-4 of your GCMS notes under Client Details, your new address will be reflected there if it has been changed.

However, also check the date of generation of your GCMS notes, at the bottom of each page. If your webform was sent and processed after the GCMS notes were generated, the info will not be there.
When were the Gcms Notes generated vs when was the web form sent. It can take time for the web form information to be processed and such changes are reflected in the Incoming section of the Gcms Notes.
I submitted a webform for change of address on the 21st August. GCMS notes were generated on 15th September. My GCMS notes are showing my old address.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
I submitted a webform for change of address on the 21st August. GCMS notes were generated on 15th September. My GCMS notes are showing my old address.
If the Gcms Notes has a lot of pages, trying searching for the new address after converting the file to an OCR format. Otherwise there could be a lag in updating the Gcms file. You can send a web form and/or call to inquire about your request. No point requesting another GCMS for this purpose.

UMalik

Mar 3, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
14-08-2019
Nomination.....
25-07-2019
AOR Received.
27-08-2019
Hi. Most applicants don't see any information in the Other Requirements field and it's not related to security screening. For security screening check to see the Assessment section on page 2, if it's blank then it's a good sign meaning it's in progress or even completed. Checkout this online version of the CBSA security screening manual to see the process https://cbsa-screening-manual.gcmsnotes.com/?page=1. Security may likely have passed since you have PRBIO mentioned in your file. All the best
Security is NOT STARTED & Criminality is IN PROGRESS

Reactions: TopGainer

mussadsar

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Dear @legalfalcon
I had applied for GCMS from Getgcms but rcvd an email for 90 days extension? what does it mean and wiłl there be any impact on the application ot its only about generation of report after 90 more days??

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Then your address has not been changed. If you sent the webform on August 21, and the GCMS notes were generated on Sept 15, then see the incoming data of the GCMS notes.
Usually after the address is updated, it will be reflected on page 3-4

You can also call IRCC and verify if your address has been updated.

haihttran

Nov 5, 2019
Dear @legalfalcon
I had applied for GCMS from Getgcms but rcvd an email for 90 days extension? what does it mean and wiłl there be any impact on the application ot its only about generation of report after 90 more days??
A 90-day extension does not mean you have to wait for exactly 3 months to receive your notes. It only means that they cannot process your request within a 30-day time frame and have asked for extra time to get it done. It can be finished at any point of time after 30 days milestone.

Reactions: legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear @legalfalcon

The GCMS notes are processed pursuant to the Access to Information Act, whereas the processing of your application happens under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. IRCC has clarified that GCMS notes have no impact on the processing of the application.

As regards the extension, IRCC is sending extensions for most GCMS notes requests. Similar extensions were invalidated by the Office of the Information Commissioner in June and July, and even COVID operational issues were not held to be a justification for extensions.

For any specific details about your request contact the website directly.

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
The GCMS notes are processed pursuant to the Access to Information Act, whereas the processing of your application happens under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. IRCC has clarified that GCMS notes have no impact on the processing of the application.

As regards the extension, IRCC is sending extensions for most GCMS notes requests. Similar extensions were invalidated by the Office of the Information Commissioner in June and July, and even COVID operational issues were not held to be a justification for extensions.

For any specific details about your request contact the website directly.
The atip email I received after ordering gcms (inland) said nothing about a 90 day extension. Just that there were delays.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
The atip email I received after ordering gcms (inland) said nothing about a 90 day extension. Just that there were delays.

Not all requests are subject to an extension. If your request is, then you will get an extension notice within 30 days of filing your request. If you do not get one, then your 30 days remains valid.

Ckay128

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
@legalfalcon @caipsnotes
Hey guys, hope you’re doing well.
I wanted to enquire about 2 things ..
1)special program : PRBIO , what does it mean ?
Does it mean that I was yet to give biometrics, so they put me in that special program or it’s something else .. ?
2) under the application assigned to section ... the due date field is empty. Usually I’ve seen gcms notes, it has some date in it.

It would be great if you could help me out with these questions.
Thanks again.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
@legalfalcon @caipsnotes
Hey guys, hope you’re doing well.
I wanted to enquire about 2 things ..
1)special program : PRBIO , what does it mean ?
Does it mean that I was yet to give biometrics, so they put me in that special program or it’s something else .. ?
2) under the application assigned to section ... the due date field is empty. Usually I’ve seen gcms notes, it has some date in it.

It would be great if you could help me out with these questions.
Thanks again.
Hi. PRBIO seems to be a fairly new item in the Gcms Notes. Seen it appear in the file even at the Eligibility Review stage (recommended pass only when it appeared) and doesn't seem necessarily correlated to biometric exemption. Seen PRBIO in files and biometrics were still required. As for the due date, some things in the file can be almost irrelevant. Due date even when they are mention don't matter much. The key is the Assessment section on page 2 and if things are progressing well then that's really the important takeaway from the file. All the best.