Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear @legalfalcon , Thanks for the support you continue to offer here. Just received my notes and from my review I don't think there is anything I can do than to wait for a decision even. I would like to know what you think just to be double sure. Thanks very kindly.

You have a RR for your Job duties and the PoF, the fixed deposit. Make sure that they are in compliance with the IRCC requirements.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
@caipsnotes .... Sir following is mentioned under document issuance:

Document Issuance: 1
Created Date: 2020/03/24
Updated Date: 2020/04/30
Client/Party: DEP
Document #: T*********
Document: Counterfoil / Vignette
Valid To: 2021/01/14
Serial #:

COUNTERFOIL

Document#: T********
# of Entries: ONE
Issued At: CPC-OTTAWA
Valid To: 2021/01/**
Print Queue: PQ-****-PR 1 Visa Room
Upper Readable Line: V<CAN******<<*****<<<<
Lower Readable Line: *******<*****************

Document Issuance: 2
Created Date: 2020/03/24
Updated Date: 2020/04/30
Client/Party: PA
Document #: T*********
Document: Counterfoil / Vignette
Valid To: 2021/01/14
Serial #:

COUNTERFOIL

Document#: T********
# of Entries: ONE
Issued At: CPC-OTTAWA
Valid To: 2021/01/**
Print Queue: PQ-****-PR 1 Visa Room
Upper Readable Line: V<CAN******<<*****<<<<
Lower Readable Line: *******<*****************
If your counterfoil field is populated then it's your visa information

Aspirant2506

Star Member
Sep 22, 2014
If your counterfoil field is populated then it's your visa information
Is it ok to assume such case as 100% approved and just waiting for PPR ? I am in same situation. My counterfoil populated with details on Oct 01, 2020 but no further updates.

Appreciate your response.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Is it ok to assume such case as 100% approved and just waiting for PPR ? I am in same situation. My counterfoil populated with details on Oct 01, 2020 but no further updates.

Appreciate your response.
Hi. Counterfoil: is an official counterfoil document (visa) issued by a visa office that is placed in a person’s passport to show that they have met the requirements for admission to Canada. Folks from visa exempt countries wouldn't need a counterfoil. You would have to just wait for IRCC to take next steps. How does this correspond to the Assessment section on page 2 of your Gcms Notes?

Aspirant2506

Star Member
Sep 22, 2014
Hi. Counterfoil: is an official counterfoil document (visa) issued by a visa office that is placed in a person’s passport to show that they have met the requirements for admission to Canada. Folks from visa exempt countries wouldn't need a counterfoil. You would have to just wait for IRCC to take next steps. How does this correspond to the Assessment section on page 2 of your Gcms Notes?
I do see the Application as Final:Approved on page 2 in GCMS, but still wasn't sure as there is no sign of PPR yet (even after almost 2 months of approval per notes) :|

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
I do see the Application as Final:Approved on page 2 in GCMS, but still wasn't sure as there is no sign of PPR yet (even after almost 2 months of approval per notes) :|
It's just a matter of time, no need to doubt it if it says Final: Approved. All the best with what comes next!

Reactions: Aspirant2506

petiterobenoire

May 11, 2020
Does anyone know what's happening with GCMS note delays? I'm on day 32 with no notice of any kind from IRCC. I emailed the ATIP address with no reply yet.

Frankly, it's a bit disturbing that a department can take people's legal rights (to 30 days processing, to receive extension requests in writing, to complain about extension requests to the Information Commissioner) and just ignore them.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Does anyone know what's happening with GCMS note delays? I'm on day 32 with no notice of any kind from IRCC. I emailed the ATIP address with no reply yet.

Frankly, it's a bit disturbing that a department can take people's legal rights (to 30 days processing, to receive extension requests in writing, to complain about extension requests to the Information Commissioner) and just ignore them.
Unfortunately this is almost the new normal with IRCC ATIP, in some ways they are reaching a breaking point with the sheer volume coming their way. Best to just wait; in some cases files are coming 2-3 weeks after the due date when no time extension is taken. Filing a complaint with OIC is almost equally ineffectual. You might be better off requesting the Gcms Notes from CBSA instead next time around.

Issues such as this are not limited to IRCC only, check out RCMP getting slammed by the Information Commissioner in these reports

Information commissioner slams RCMP for access-to-information failures, calls for ‘urgent’ action

Access at issue: The need for leadership

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

The 30 days processing time frame is the law.

As per section 7 of the Access to Information Act:

Where access to a record is requested under this Part, the head of the government institution to which the request is made shall, subject to sections 8 and 9, within 30 days after the request is received.
This time can be extended as per section 9, which states:

Extension of time limits
  • 9 (1) The head of a government institution may extend the time limit set out in section 7 or subsection 8(1) in respect of a request under this Part for a reasonable period of time, having regard to the circumstances, if
    • (a) the request is for a large number of records or necessitates a search through a large number of records and meeting the original time limit would unreasonably interfere with the operations of the government institution,
    • (b) consultations are necessary to comply with the request that cannot reasonably be completed within the original time limit, or
    • (c) notice of the request is given pursuant to subsection 27(1)
  • by giving notice of the extension and, in the circumstances set out in paragraph (a) or (b), the length of the extension, to the person who made the request within thirty days after the request is received, which notice shall contain a statement that the person has a right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner about the extension.
  • Marginal note:Notice of extension to Information Commissioner
    (2) Where the head of a government institution extends a time limit under subsection (1) for more than thirty days, the head of the institution shall give notice of the extension to the Information Commissioner at the same time as notice is given under subsection (1).

Whenever an extension is sought, OIC has to be informed.

In March 2020, IRCC has already initiated a systematic inquiry into IRCC handling of ATIP requests.

https://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/en/resources/news-releases/information-commissioner-initiates-systemic-investigation-department

In June July 2020, IRCC sought extensions, and these extensions were invalidated by IRCC, and even the COVID operational difficulties were not found to be an appropriate reason for delaying the release of requested information. In a recent final report this is what OIC stated:

32 days is not too long or unreasonable. Also, how you calculate matters. The 30 days are calculated in accordance with the Interpretation Act:

Computation of Time
Marginal note:Time limits and holidays

26 Where the time limited for the doing of a thing expires or falls on a holiday, the thing may be done on the day next following that is not a holiday.

• R.S., 1985, c. I-21, s. 26
  • 1999, c. 31, s. 147(F)
Marginal note:Clear days

• 27 (1) Where there is a reference to a number of clear days or “at least” a number of days between two events, in calculating that number of days the days on which the events happen are excluded.
  • Marginal note:Not clear days
    (2) Where there is a reference to a number of days, not expressed to be clear days, between two events, in calculating that number of days the day on which the first event happens is excluded and the day on which the second event happens is included.
  • Marginal note:Beginning and ending of prescribed periods
    (3) Where a time is expressed to begin or end at, on or with a specified day, or to continue to or until a specified day, the time includes that day.
  • Marginal note:After specified day
    (4) Where a time is expressed to begin after or to be from a specified day, the time does not include that day.
  • Marginal note:Within a time
    (5) Where anything is to be done within a time after, from, of or before a specified day, the time does not include that day.

Do not calculate the day when the processing began, i.e. if you filed your application on November 20, the processing would commence on November 21 if it is a business day, or the following business day. This will depend on the time your request was filed. Further, do not calculate the day when the processing started.

If you have not yet received an extension notice, which has to be sent within 30 days, then your GCMS notes should be released soon.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Thanks @caipsnotes. Sad, but I suppose we have no other choice.
You are welcome, there is an off chance that it may have been sent by mail either by design or error. See response from IRCC ATIP about such recent cases. Anyhow, hope it comes through for you soon and share what you learn from it. All the best

Thank you for contacting the Access to Information and Privacy Office.

Normally, when a file is too large to be sent by email, we will send it by mail. While we do our best to send responses by email, sometimes files are placed in the wrong queue.

Regards,

Client Service Representative | Représentant du service à la clientèle.
Access to Information and Privacy | Accès à l’information et protection des renseignements personnels
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

UMalik

Mar 3, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
14-08-2019
Nomination.....
25-07-2019
AOR Received.
27-08-2019
Hi @legalfalcon @caipsnotes. I am seeing the 'Other Reqs: Not Started" field in my gcms notes. does it mean that my application has been selected for enhanced security? I'm worried because my eligibility was passed on 9th of October and no update after that. Criminality is in progress which should have been updated after biometrics.

I received the latest gcms notes today and noticed something new, 'Special Program: PRBIO'. now I read that this is for eye colour, height etc. Does it mean that file processing is close to completion?