+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL ABOUT GCMS - HOW TO ORDER, READ, & GENERAL QUESTIONS ANSWERED

lil_o

Jul 12, 2019
Hello @legalfalcon

I ordered my first GCMS notes on July 30 (Privacy Act) and the second note on Aug 21 (ATIP).
Since then, I am still waiting my first note, it's been already 6 weeks.

A few days ago, I called cic and the agent said that they received my request on Aug 7 (first Gcms note) and Aug 23 (Second one)
So she said wait a little bit more and then email to ATIP if I won't get any response.
I've already emailed them on Sep 4 so guess I have to wait another week to get the response from ATIP IRCC.

I am inland CEC applicant who has review required on eligibility.
I do not know what to do next. should i complaint to ICC for this matter? would it be helped?

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thank you!

Savvywasu

Sep 3, 2018
Hi @legalfalcon
My AOR is June 20 2019
I have recently got my gcms notes...
As per notes...my eligibility is set for review since Aug 2...There is RR on lead statement n duties...they have not given me points for work experience...hence i lost 50 crs points and 13 fsw points...
Plz suggest if i shud send a new reference letter explaining the duties via webform...
TIA

WunmiofLagos

Jan 8, 2019
Canada
Category........
Other
Nomination.....
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
15-01-2019
Hi @legalfalcon
My AOR is June 20 2019
As per notes...my eligibility is set for review since Aug 2...There is RR on lead statement n duties...they have not given me points for work experience...hence i lost 50 crs points and 13 fsw points...
Plz suggest if i shud send a new reference letter explaining the duties via webform...
TIA
Hi, i believe you should immediately......I'm assuming the note says something like ''they are not satisfied that you performed the duties in the NOC''

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon

I ordered my first GCMS notes on July 30 (Privacy Act) and the second note on Aug 21 (ATIP).
Since then, I am still waiting my first note, it's been already 6 weeks.

A few days ago, I called cic and the agent said that they received my request on Aug 7 (first Gcms note) and Aug 23 (Second one)
So she said wait a little bit more and then email to ATIP if I won't get any response.
I've already emailed them on Sep 4 so guess I have to wait another week to get the response from ATIP IRCC.

I am inland CEC applicant who has review required on eligibility.
I do not know what to do next. should i complaint to ICC for this matter? would it be helped?

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thank you!
There have been a lot of delays in the release of GCMS notes. You can send emails to IRCC and see if they respond. Alternatively, you can file a complaint with the Privacy commissioner or file a case before the federal court to obtain your information.

Reactions: lil_o

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon
My AOR is June 20 2019
TIA
If you have a RR for a specific reasons because of which you have lost points, you can send revised documents and request the officer to take them into consideration.

roastedpeanuts

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Category........
FSW
Hello,
I have a question that I hope @legalfalcon could support me in.

When I applied for Permanent Residency, I had opened a new savings account 2 months before and added money in it (around 4K more than the required settlement funds).

I have added both statements of this account and my current account statement.

My current account statement shows a salary transfer (as “Salary credit” on the statement) of over the required settlement funds because I had received my bonus that month, and another transfer from my other bank account in another country before closing it. It shows that the transfer came from my name. It is also obvious on the statement that the transfer to the savings account came directly from the transfer from my other bank to my current then my current to the savings account.

That transfer also happened 2 months before AOR. I haven’t attached a statement of my other bank account since I have closed it.

Now that the money has been sitting in my savings account for 5 months and my eligibility not started yet, is it wise to send an updated bank statement of my savings account that has been even growing in funds since that day?

Do they take into consideration the fact that my salary is quite high (2 months salary is a bit more than the settlement funds for 2)?

Should I send an updated bank statement of my savings account or wait if they request any ADR first? Some people say it’s better not to send anything before they ask. What do you think?

Thanks a lot!

moonmouna

Sep 13, 2019
Morocco
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
14th February 2019
hello everybody,

My AOR is 14th February 2019 i got my GCMS notes for the 7th August and status were:
  • Eligibilty: Recommend pass
  • Criminality: Passed
  • Security: not started
  • VO:Ottawa
i ordred again on the 8th of September the notes( still waiting), i just want to know if the Security could be started meanwhile? i am a little bit worried about Security espacially because in the past i had to make a business travel to Italy but i had a French Visa so i used to land and check passeport by the french autorities before going to an other country belonging to the shengen space, i had a stopover of 2hours in France then i go on to Italy for 5 days.
in my previous travelling data entry in the EE profil i forgot to mention this detail, is this considred as a false declaration? or if they deeply check about me they will understand this missing by logic as a forgotten information not a false one?
furthermore,i tried to call IRCC since last week many times but it does not catch, some people said that it is blocked nowdays for Africa others said that it is the case for all international candidate please do you have any idea about this ?

thanks to @legalfalcon to help me here and everyone who can say more about this, i am realy worried about this missing.

thanks in advance.

Psalmizt

Apr 4, 2019
Hello everyone
I just received my GCMS note. I have been on review required for about a month now. The case analyst seems to have issues with my job duties. Sadly, HR wont reissue another letter and they are the only ones authorised to write reference letters.
A little background to my case: I have 3 work experiences under my primary NOC 1122. The timeline for these work experiences are
1. Sept 2010 - Nov 2013 (Consultant- flagged as RR)
2. Nov 2013 - Sept 2015 (Project Analyst)
3. Aug 2017 - till date (Contract staff & Senior Associate, 1122).
These work experiences are from 2 different organisations. Experience 1 &3 is from the same organisation so I got 1 single reference letter detailing the generic duties for that role. The 2nd experience was assessed and no comment given for the 3rd experience. The case analyst however awarded 13points after an initial 15points post ITA. An RR was raised on the documents relating to the 2010-2013 period of my experience. The comments written was "Review required for duties provided on employment letter". Specifically the analyst wrote "REVIEW REQUIRED For lead statement and main duties of declared NOC". As a result of this my selection factor point was reduced from 72 to 70.
So I am planning on writing a letter of explanation detailing the exact duties carried out and attaching HR's response that they wont go into details of my job duties.

@legalfalcon What will you advise I do? Seeing that the case analyst already assessed 70 points. Can I ignore and hope sometime soon the immigration officer will attend to it or should i go ahead with the letter of explanation. The experience which was flagged was for a period when I was working as a Technology Consultant and it might come across as 2171. But my roles at the time was mostly business analysis and project management type functions so I can't really describe it as 2171.

Last edited:

YuliaM

Nov 23, 2018
Hello everyone
I just received my GCMS note. I have been on review required for about a month now. The case analyst seems to have issues with my job duties. Sadly, HR wont reissue another letter and they are the only ones authorised to write reference letters.
A little background to my case: I have 3 work experiences under my primary NOC 1122. The timeline for these work experiences are
1. Sept 2010 - Nov 2013 (Consultant- flagged as RR)
2. Nov 2013 - Sept 2015 (Project Analyst)
3. Aug 2017 - till date (Contract staff & Senior Associate, 1122).
These work experiences are from 2 different organisations. Experience 1 &3 is from the same organisation so I got 1 single reference letter detailing the generic duties for that role. The 2nd experience was assessed and no comment given for the 3rd experience. The case analyst however recorded awarded 13points after an initial 15points post ITA. An RR was raised on the documents relating to the 2010-2013 period of my experience. The comments written was "Review required for duties provided on employment letter". Specifically the analyst wrote "REVIEW REQUIRED For lead statement and main duties of declared NOC". As a result of this my selection factor point was reduced from 72 to 70.
So I am planning on writing a letter of explanation detailing the exact duties carried out and attaching HR's response that they wont go into details of my job duties.

@legalfalcon What will you advise I do? Seeing that the case analyst already assessed 70 points can I ignore and hope sometime soon the immigration officer will attend to it or should i go ahead with the letter of explanation. The experience which was flagged was for a period when I was working as a Technology Consultant but my roles at the time was mostly business analysis and project management type functions.
Well, even if they don't count your 1st experience you stay still eligible, do you? You have 70 points and 3+ years for EE. Am I right? Strange they put you under RR. Or this first job is important for nomination?

Psalmizt

Apr 4, 2019
Well, even if they don't count your 1st experience you stay still eligible, do you? You have 70 points and 3+ years for EE. Am I right? Strange they put you under RR. Or this first job is important for nomination?
Yea. It's quite strange. The 3 work experiences are in the same NOC. So they accepted 2 and gave RR on the 3rd. So if I choose to allow them do their thing what do you think the impact will be

YuliaM

Nov 23, 2018
Yea. It's quite strange. The 3 work experiences are in the same NOC. So they accepted 2 and gave RR on the 3rd. So if I choose to allow them do their thing what do you think the impact will be

In my opinion, if it doesn't reduce your score it shouldn't have any negative impact. Plus you have +600 points from province... But let's listen what @legalfalcon would advice here.

lil_o

Jul 12, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon

I just received my first GCMS notes which I ordered on July 30 and generated on Aug 07.

Eligibility : RR
Security : Not started
Criminality : Passed
CPC Edmonton

RECOMMENDATION : Review Required MI3 SUMMARY NOTES: ADDITIONAL Family information requested for details on biological mother.
---->Haven't received any ADR. Which doc should I submit?
R87.1 : CEC minimum requirements - review required RPRF complete

CRS points minimum score for round : 450 CRS score at application (APR) : 458 / verified CRS :405 I have reviewed the following for CRS points : Qualifying job offer : LMIA exempted under ### Letter dated 2019-05-16 confirms employment offer of at least one year.

INTEGRATED SEARCH : PA: WP Valid Until : 2021-12-06 (LMIA exempt : C21, NOC 1225)
-
---> My lmia exempt visa expires this end of December. wonder what is this valid date.
Note : C43 REDC date 2016/05/16
---> Don't know what date is

Work Expereince: Lock-in date 2019-05-25
2017-05 to 2019-05 Purchasing assistant NOC 1225 at
*REVIEW REQUIRED* Web-based search confirms employer information.

letter confirms salary letter confirms full/time employment; Documented income provided: NOA from 2017/2018 Pay stubs from 2019 CEC work : 0 years 0 months of 1 years -Review required CRS Canadian work : 0 years 0 months of 2 years - REVIEW REQUIRED

I have work at same company from 2017-05-16 with pgwp and I received lmia exempt visa on June 2018 (Same company, same position.)
my Lmia visa expires this End of December. I received the invitation on May 1st, 2019 and submitted all docs on May 25.

Please advise me which document should I submit :)
Or would it be better to wait until I got ADR?
or Since I ordered my second notes on Aug 23, should I wait till I get the second one and see if there's any difference with this one? but I guess as per call with cic a week ago, my application wasn't updated at all after July 15 ( Review required confirmed date, i guess)

Thank you so much in advance for your time and help!

Last edited:

lil_o

Jul 12, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon

I just received my first GCMS notes which I ordered on July 30 and generated on Aug 07.

Eligibility : RR
Security : Not started
Criminality : Passed
CPC Edmonton

RECOMMENDATION : Review Required MI3 SUMMARY NOTES: ADDITIONAL Family information requested for details on biological mother.
---->Haven't received any ADR. Which doc should I submit?
R87.1 : CEC minimum requirements - review required RPRF complete

CRS points minimum score for round : 450 CRS score at application (APR) : 458 / verified CRS :405 I have reviewed the following for CRS points : Qualifying job offer : LMIA exempted under ### Letter dated 2019-05-16 confirms employment offer of at least one year.

INTEGRATED SEARCH : PA: WP Valid Until : 2021-12-06 (LMIA exempt : C21, NOC 1225)
-
---> My lmia exempt visa expires this end of December. wonder what is this valid date.
Note : C43 REDC date 2016/05/16
---> Don't know what date is

Work Expereince: Lock-in date 2019-05-25
2017-05 to 2019-05 Purchasing assistant NOC 1225 at
*REVIEW REQUIRED* Web-based search confirms employer information.

letter confirms salary letter confirms full/time employment; Documented income provided: NOA from 2017/2018 Pay stubs from 2019 CEC work : 0 years 0 months of 1 years -Review required CRS Canadian work : 0 years 0 months of 2 years - REVIEW REQUIRED

I have work at same company from 2017-05-16 with pgwp and I received lmia exempt visa on June 2018 (Same company, same position.)
my Lmia visa expires this End of December. I received the invitation on May 1st, 2019 and submitted all docs on May 25.

Please advise me which document should I submit :)
Or would it be better to wait until I got ADR?
or Since I ordered my second notes on Aug 23, should I wait till I get the second one and see if there's any difference with this one? but I guess as per call with cic a week ago, my application wasn't updated at all after July 15 ( Review required confirmed date, i guess)

Thank you so much in advance for your time and help!

Dear @legalfalcon

I've checked my gcms notes again and found the employment records is under review required.
Other work-related docs that I submitted such as, letter of employment and offer of employment are under status: Checked.

I really don't know what's the problem on my employment records since the duties in this file are the same with the other two files.

Always thank you for your sincere help!
Thank you in advance for your time :)!!