+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL ABOUT GCMS - HOW TO ORDER, READ, & GENERAL QUESTIONS ANSWERED

etcoflife

Jan 12, 2017
Hi legalfalcon,

I have a question for you. Please reply if possible. I dont know if this thread is appropriate for this but I want to know your views.

I just want to know your views on IP2. I am confused about CIC process. For ex, X person got NBG to NA on (lets say) 1st May and Y got NA on 10th May. But when it comes to IP2, I have seen cases like Y goes to IP2 much faster than X and gets PPR. Even found cases where X is delayed by 2 months.

I wonder why such discrepancy? As you have more experience, can you please shed some light on it.

Thanks

AABH

Sep 8, 2013
I have security screening but it is also twice changed since it was not started.
Like it was not started on mar 22
Then security was updated
Then two more security screening activities but all blanked out with S15.1
Is it done?
Bc all blanked out with S15.1 , your security screenin is done

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon !

I received my notes yesterday and as far as I understood everything except for the security is passed.
Security is withheld under S21 and S22. What does it mean?
Did you order the notes under the Privacy act?

If you did then s 21 and s22 have the same meaning as s15 and 16 of the Access to Information Act do. Specifically s21 and s22 state:

21 International affairs and defence

The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any personal information requested under subsection 12(1) the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the conduct of international affairs, the defence of Canada or any state allied or associated with Canada, as defined in subsection 15(2) of the Access to Information Act, or the efforts of Canada toward detecting, preventing or suppressing subversive or hostile activities, as defined in subsection 15(2) of the Access to Information Act, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information listed in paragraphs 15(1)(a) to (i) of the Access to Information Act.

Law enforcement and investigation

· 22 (1) The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any personal information requested under subsection 12(1)

o (a) that was obtained or prepared by any government institution, or part of any government institution, that is an investigative body specified in the regulations in the course of lawful investigations pertaining to

§ (i) the detection, prevention or suppression of crime,

§ (ii) the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province, or

§ (iii) activities suspected of constituting threats to the security of Canada within the meaning of the Canadian Security Intelligence Service Act,

if the information came into existence less than twenty years prior to the request;

o (b) the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province or the conduct of lawful investigations, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information

§ (i) relating to the existence or nature of a particular investigation,

§ (ii) that would reveal the identity of a confidential source of information, or

§ (iii) that was obtained or prepared in the course of an investigation; or

o (c) the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the security of penal institutions.

· Marginal note:policing services for provinces or municipalities
(2)
The head of a government institution shall refuse to disclose any personal information requested under subsection 12(1) that was obtained or prepared by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police while performing policing services for a province or municipality pursuant to an arrangement made under section 20 of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Act, where the Government of Canada has, on the request of the province or municipality, agreed not to disclose such information.

Daria_1007

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
Toronto
Did you order the notes under the Privacy act?

If you did then s 21 and s22 have the same meaning as s15 and 16 of the Access to Information Act do. Specifically s21 and s22 state:

21 International affairs and defence

The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any personal information requested under subsection 12(1) the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the conduct of international affairs, the defence of Canada or any state allied or associated with Canada, as defined in subsection 15(2) of the Access to Information Act, or the efforts of Canada toward detecting, preventing or suppressing subversive or hostile activities, as defined in subsection 15(2) of the Access to Information Act, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information listed in paragraphs 15(1)(a) to (i) of the Access to Information Act.

Law enforcement and investigation

· 22 (1) The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any personal information requested under subsection 12(1)

o (a) that was obtained or prepared by any government institution, or part of any government institution, that is an investigative body specified in the regulations in the course of lawful investigations pertaining to

§ (i) the detection, prevention or suppression of crime,

§ (ii) the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province, or

§ (iii) activities suspected of constituting threats to the security of Canada within the meaning of the Canadian Security Intelligence Service Act,

if the information came into existence less than twenty years prior to the request;

o (b) the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province or the conduct of lawful investigations, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information

§ (i) relating to the existence or nature of a particular investigation,

§ (ii) that would reveal the identity of a confidential source of information, or

§ (iii) that was obtained or prepared in the course of an investigation; or

o (c) the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the security of penal institutions.

· Marginal note:policing services for provinces or municipalities
(2)
The head of a government institution shall refuse to disclose any personal information requested under subsection 12(1) that was obtained or prepared by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police while performing policing services for a province or municipality pursuant to an arrangement made under section 20 of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Act, where the Government of Canada has, on the request of the province or municipality, agreed not to disclose such information.

yes, i did order them under the Privacy Act.
So there is nothing to be concerned about?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I have security screening but it is also twice changed since it was not started.
Like it was not started on mar 22
Then security was updated
Then two more security screening activities but all blanked out with S15.1
Is it done?
No. During the security screening information from multiple sources are received and requests for information is sent. This is usually not disclosed. If your security is complete, as in concluded, then you will see a note to that effect that your Security on the second page will show as completed. Just because you have information withheld under s15 or 16, does not mean your security is complete.

I would also request @AABH not to post incorrect information, unless there is a source to back it or a law to that effect. It creates unnecessary confusion and misinformation.

Reactions: shaheerjaved

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
yes, i did order them under the Privacy Act.
So there is nothing to be concerned about?
This is normal and a lot of applicants have. The s 21 and 22 of Privacy act are the same corresponding sections of s 15 and 16 under the Access to Information act. Read page 1 of this thread for more details.

Reactions: Daria_1007

danish2016

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
No. During the security screening information from multiple sources are received and requests for information is sent. This is usually not disclosed. If your security is complete, as in concluded, then you will see a note to that effect that your Security on the second page will show as completed. Just because you have information withheld under s15 or 16, does not mean your security is complete.

I would also request @AABH not to post incorrect information, unless there is a source to back it or a law to that effect. It creates unnecessary confusion and misinformation.
Legalfalcon

sorry to question but the following post contradicts what you said...this reliable user of canadavisa forum put his notes issued after ppr...u can see his gcms notes second page application finalize showing as approved but security is redacted

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gcms-notes-issued-post-ppr-observation-and-analysis.482478/

Reactions: Sugar2016

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Legalfalcon

sorry to question but the following post contradicts what you said...this reliable user of canadavisa forum put his notes issued after ppr...u can see his gcms notes second page application finalize showing as approved but security is redacted

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gcms-notes-issued-post-ppr-observation-and-analysis.482478/
When the security is "not started," there can still be s15 /16 on the GCMS notes like here:

But the security screening, or requests have been made to agencies or other authorities.

But, in the last set of notes, this is what is there, even though you have s15 at the top, which retracts another section on the page, and not the outcome.

So while there cannot be no generalizations, and different applications are processed by different agents in a different way, making conclusions that all application are processed this way, is incorrect and unfair.

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
Dear legalfalcon, can I withdraw money (temporarily) from my account which was deposited to fulfil my settlment funds requirement.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear legalfalcon, can I withdraw money (temporarily) from my account which was deposited to fulfil my settlment funds requirement.
Yes. you can if you have submitted the PoF. That is your money and you can use it. However, make sure you have it back, just in case IRCC would want to check or may have a question.

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
Hi guys,

I just got the result of GCMS, here is the key point:

Primary office: CPC-Ottawa

Secondary office: Centralized Intake Office

Eligibility: Not Started

Security: Not Started

HIRV:

Criminality: Passed

Medical: Passed

Misrepresentation:

Other Reqs:

Final:

Application assignment:

Assigned to: VF18***
Assigned by: MB*****

Due date: 2017/06/14

FSW -inland, AOR FEB 10, BG NA since April 23.

I called CIC a week ago and they said my file is under security check.

on the last page of my notes, there is this paragraph:

"REVIEW TYPE: Program Assistant APPLICATION: E000****** REGULATION: PNP 2017-02-10 I have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicants and the information contained in the file and note the following RECOMMENDATION: MEDICAL: ALL VALID Ready to Finalize PNP"

Any ideas with does this mean?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi guys,

I just got the result of GCMS, here is the key point:

Primary office: CPC-Ottawa

Secondary office: Centralized Intake Office

Eligibility: Not Started

Security: Not Started

HIRV:

Criminality: Passed

Medical: Passed

Misrepresentation:

Other Reqs:

Final:

Application assignment:

Assigned to: VF18***
Assigned by: MB*****

Due date: 2017/06/14

FSW -inland, AOR FEB 10, BG NA since April 23.

I called CIC a week ago and they said my file is under security check.

on the last page of my notes, there is this paragraph:

"REVIEW TYPE: Program Assistant APPLICATION: E000****** REGULATION: PNP 2017-02-10 I have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicants and the information contained in the file and note the following RECOMMENDATION: MEDICAL: ALL VALID Ready to Finalize PNP"

Any ideas with does this mean?

Do you have a note which states ELIGIBILITY? It should be before this note.