+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS Notes issued post PPR - Observation and Analysis

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hey guys,

So, I had ordered GCMS notes just a couple of days before PPR and they were generated after the issuance of PPR. I received the notes today and I am excited to share with you the new content available in my latest notes.

So, Let's begin.

1) "Group" - Sneak Peak

On the very first page, post PPR, values are updated for the field "Group Name" and "Group Number". Like this -

Now, the "Group Name" seems to have a variable that contains the date the application is about to be finalized.

My take - When a set of applications are ready, they are all assigned a Group Name and Number and they are processed as a batch.

2) "Assessments - Security, eh?"

In the assessments section, as expected, the security field is blank (Redacted) for secrecy purposes. It looks like this -

Note - Wherever some content is redacted, the corresponding clause in ATI/Privacy Act is quoted (S.15/S.16).

3) A11.2 is not final - There's R87

Off to the last page and voila, there is something that I have never seen before - Notes by the officer who checks the application at the Local Visa Office. The comments are mostly about my PNP eligibility. This happened one day before my PPR was sent. Looks like this -

I have been sharing links that mention in detail how various streams of applications are processed. For PNP, below is the link -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/pnp/index.asp?v=enhanced

In the above page, click on "Determining Membership in the class"

If you had read it, you would know that for PNP applicants, the following is checked -

has the ability to become economically established in Canada
is named in a nomination certificate issued by the government of a province or territory
intends to reside in the province or territory that nominated them.
This is the check that the officer had done on my application 1 day before issuing PPR!

We never knew when this checked happened... till now. This check happens at the very end; just before the issuance of PPR as you can see from the image above.

PS: This is not just for PNP applicants. Similar checks happen for FSW applicants too, for instance.

Click on this and then click on "Making the selection decision".

4) Activity - More Security

Scrolling up a little, under activities, "Security" is mentioned in Activity 1 and the content in that section is redacted.

This is not new, we have seen this before (but I did not see this from my previous notes). When you see something like this, it might either mean that the security is complete or is underway (In my case, it was complete).

5) Something new in "Application"

Under the "Application" section, "Application 1", "Application 2" and "Application 3" show values that are updated close to the PPR date.

Application 1 mentions the final status of the application. It says Approved.
Application 2 states that eligibility has passed.
Application 3 is for security and the content, as always, is redacted.

The order might differ from person to person but these updates (at least for PNP-O applicants) apparently happens close to the PPR date.

6) More info on groups :-X

More information is available about group under the "Groups" section.

7) The only "outgoing" communication that really matters

The "Outgoing Correspondence" mentions about the PPR letter that was sent.

8) Landing doc number "all-ready" right after PPR! Ahoy!

Under the "Finalize Application" section, you'll see notes for documents being issued - Visa and COPR.

What is notable here is the fact that your Visa/COPR number is generated as soon as PPR is issued and they are sent to the "Visa Room" where the request will be in queue. Once you send the PP to them, they might be processed in batches and then sent to VFS for dispatch.

The same goes for COPR -

9) Redacted security under "Admissibilities"

Finally, as expected, the "Security" field under "Admissibilities" section is redacted.

Sorry about the size of certain images. If they are not legible enough, please try to view them from Google Drive.

Good luck and all the very best everyone!

The above is only my opinion derived from my observation and understanding. There might be slight/major differences in the way other's applications are processed. This is just to give you a very superficial and a general idea of how the notes might look post PPR!

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
Thank you for the detailed explanation!

It seems your PPR was sent right after the application was finalized right?
I have noticed that many people get their applications finalized but then are put in some sort of queue for PPRs to be sent. Usually you know it is finalized when the BG turns IP.
Do you think that has anything to do with the batches you talked about in the group name?

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
omarnabsws said:
Thank you for the detailed explanation!

It seems your PPR was sent right after the application was finalized right?
I have noticed that many people get their applications finalized but then are put in some sort of queue for PPRs to be sent. Usually you know it is finalized when the BG turns IP.
Do you think that has anything to do with the batches you talked about in the group name?
Yes, I got BG IP and PPR at once.

The delay for some applicants might have something to do with the officer handling the file and group assignment.

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
Yes, I got BG IP and PPR at once.

The delay for some applicants might have something to do with the officer handling the file and group assignment.
what exactly is a group?

also another question that i would appreciate you answering, what is the associations part in the gcms notes about? mine is hidden under s16(c)1 or something like that

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
omarnabsws said:
what exactly is a group?

also another question that i would appreciate you answering, what is the associations part in the gcms notes about? mine is hidden under s16(c)1 or something like that
Not sure but I suppose it might be a batch of X applications that are assigned to someone for finalization procedure.

Content under "Associations" are always redacted so there's no way of knowing what goes there.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You did not hide your last name in one of those screenshots. Recheck and correct it.

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
vensak said:
You did not hide your last name in one of those screenshots. Recheck and correct it.
it's the same as his nickname anyway

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
Not sure but I suppose it might be a batch of X applications that are assigned to someone did finalization procedure.

Content under "Associations" are always redacted so there's no way of knowing what goes there.
Thank you for your input

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omarnabsws said:
it's the same as his nickname anyway
Yes, but his last name. That one he deleted everywhere except on one screenshot.

AmirHNK

Nov 6, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
Thanks Raj! +1 for the info

In my lates GCSM notes, "APPLICATION: 1" is about Eligibility and the New Value is "Recommended Passed"

Also, my security is not initiated yet. Under ADMISSIBILITIES, SECURITY is "1" and Status is "Not Started".

My question is, what should I be expecting next in my GCMS notes? (e.g. Eligibility: Passed -> Security: In Progress -> ... )

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Well, strange. I am able to see the screenshots.
dont know probably something wrong the macbook :)

i checked the googledocs links which have the jpegs so i'm good :) thnx