+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL ABOUT GCMS - HOW TO ORDER, READ, & GENERAL QUESTIONS ANSWERED

etcoflife

Jan 12, 2017
Hi legalfalcon, first I thank you for helping us. I just want to know what is the difference between "RECOMMENDED PASS" and "PASS" for eligibility. You might have answered this question earlier but it would be really helpful if you shed some light.
Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Even with the current slow trend,btw my medicals arent passed yet
Medicals will eventually pass. It is the R10 and eligibility which is important.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi legalfalcon, first I thank you for helping us. I just want to know what is the difference between "RECOMMENDED PASS" and "PASS" for eligibility. You might have answered this question earlier but it would be really helpful if you shed some light.
Thanks
Different agents and analysts have different ways of writing the same thing. "Passed," "Met," "Recommended Passed" all mean the same. However, the A11.2 - Eligibility review is done in two stages. First a Program Analysts will review your documents and then an Agent. Usually the recommendation of the program analyst is upheld by the Agent. In most, but not all, it is the program analysts who use "Recommended Passed." But, I have seen them using "Met" and "Passed" too.

Some agents use "Passed." But they all mean the same.

Reactions: etcoflife

etcoflife

Jan 12, 2017
Different agents and analysts have different ways of writing the same thing. "Passed," "Met," "Recommended Passed" all mean the same. However, the A11.2 - Eligibility review is done in two stages. First a Program Analysts will review your documents and then an Agent. Usually the recommendation of the program analyst is upheld by the Agent. In most, but not all, it is the program analysts who use "Recommended Passed." But, I have seen them using "Met" and "Passed" too.

Some agents use "Passed." But they all mean the same.
Thanks very much. Highly appreciated.

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
Finally got my GCMS notes, which were actually sent a week ago, and were in my junk folder! Anyway...

Eligibility: Recommend Passed
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Passed

Ordered on 28 - APR
Generated on 18 - MAY
Received on 23 - MAY

Just joined the 100 day club, and looks like I've got some waiting to do since security has not been started yet. This appears to have been issued the day before I received my RPRF. Anything else I should be looking for on this?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Finally got my GCMS notes, which were actually sent a week ago, and were in my junk folder! Anyway...

HIRV:

Ordered on 28 - APR
Generated on 18 - MAY
Received on 23 - MAY

Just joined the 100 day club, and looks like I've got some waiting to do since security has not been started yet. This appears to have been issued the day before I received my RPRF. Anything else I should be looking for on this?

Read the notes at the end. Lats 4-5 pages, which will give you an insight on what is passed in Eligibility and if there are any concerns.

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
Read the notes at the end. Lats 4-5 pages, which will give you an insight on what is passed in Eligibility and if there are any concerns.

There were two lines that caught my attention:

Text: ***AGENT REVIEW*** POLICE CERTIFICATES R10 OK Criminality Decision Passed. (This lines shows up on May 3rd)

and

DOCUMENTS SET FOR REVIEW: CLIENT INFORMATION POLICE CERTIFICATE FOR PA R10 OK All police certificates on application

arrayofhope

Jan 14, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
AOR Received.
18/05/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-15-2017
Your notes were generated on May 24, which is surprising. I think you should order a second set. Just to be on the safer side. Has your eligibility passed?
This seems to be the new trend. Previously I had requested GCMS notes for my study permit applications around March and received an email to submit proof that I was in Canada. I immediately provided them with proof and 40 days later they seemed to have forgotten, so upon calling them, they flagged my request as priority and received my files 2 days later with the request date on when I called them.

It actually helps when they provide notes a few days prior to delivery date. I hope this continues, given that it takes 30 days for IRCC to respond to such requests.

narindersahib

Nov 21, 2016
There were two lines that caught my attention:

Text: ***AGENT REVIEW*** POLICE CERTIFICATES R10 OK Criminality Decision Passed. (This lines shows up on May 3rd)

and

DOCUMENTS SET FOR REVIEW: CLIENT INFORMATION POLICE CERTIFICATE FOR PA R10 OK All police certificates on application
Any notes from case analyst ? want to understand if RPRF req was sent post analyst's review.

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada

@legalfalcon....

Here are the notes below, any observations? RPRF was paid the following day, should I be worried that it doesn't say verified after my spouse's IELTS the way it does mine?

REVIEW TYPE: Program Assistant APPLICATION: XXXXXXXX REGULATION: FSW I have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and note the following. MIN Score: 447 - ITA Score: 447 PRINCIPAL APPLICANT APPLICATION PROMOTED: New UCI Created SPOUSE/CL APPLICATION PROMOTED: New UCI Created REVIEW NOTES FOR REPRESENTATIVE: NO Representation DESIGNATED INDIVIDUAL: Last Name First Name and Last Name First Name AUTH TO RELEASE IMM5475 PROVIDED MEDICAL ATTACHED TO UCI: No CLIENT FEES: Paid APPLICANT HAS CANADIAN DEPENDENT(S): No PA HAS CANADIAN EDUCATION CREDENTIALS: No PA HAS ECA WITH ACCOMPANYING FOREIGN CREDENTIALS: Yes LANGUAGES: Principal Applicant: -English: IELTS - Received: Met Threshold and Verified Spouse/Common Law: - English: IELTS DOCUMENTS SET FOR REVIEW: CLIENT INFORMATION POLICE CERTIFICATE FOR PA R10 OK All police certificates on application; following PC's NRT XXX, XXX. RECOMMENDATION: Pass Criminality POLICE CERTIFICATE FOR SPOUSE R10 OK All police certificates on application; following PC's NRT XXX. RECOMMENDATION: Pass Criminality EDUCATION DOCUMENTS ECA report verified on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site. ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by issuing agency as MASTERS DEGREE. Foreign Credential provided. SPOUSE'S EDUCATION ECA report verified on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site. ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by issuing agency as BACHELORS DEGREE (FOUR YEARS). Foreign Credential provided. AGE Applicant's age reviewed and no change from ITA to e-APR.

HIRV:

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon....

Here are the notes below, any observations? RPRF was paid the following day, should I be worried that it doesn't say verified after my spouse's IELTS the way it does mine?

REVIEW TYPE: Program Assistant APPLICATION: XXXXXXXX REGULATION: FSW I have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and note the following. MIN Score: 447 - ITA Score: 447 PRINCIPAL APPLICANT APPLICATION PROMOTED: New UCI Created SPOUSE/CL APPLICATION PROMOTED: New UCI Created REVIEW NOTES FOR REPRESENTATIVE: NO Representation DESIGNATED INDIVIDUAL: Last Name First Name and Last Name First Name AUTH TO RELEASE IMM5475 PROVIDED MEDICAL ATTACHED TO UCI: No CLIENT FEES: Paid APPLICANT HAS CANADIAN DEPENDENT(S): No PA HAS CANADIAN EDUCATION CREDENTIALS: No PA HAS ECA WITH ACCOMPANYING FOREIGN CREDENTIALS: Yes LANGUAGES: Principal Applicant: -English: IELTS - Received: Met Threshold and Verified Spouse/Common Law: - English: IELTS DOCUMENTS SET FOR REVIEW: CLIENT INFORMATION POLICE CERTIFICATE FOR PA R10 OK All police certificates on application; following PC's NRT XXX, XXX. RECOMMENDATION: Pass Criminality POLICE CERTIFICATE FOR SPOUSE R10 OK All police certificates on application; following PC's NRT XXX. RECOMMENDATION: Pass Criminality EDUCATION DOCUMENTS ECA report verified on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site. ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by issuing agency as MASTERS DEGREE. Foreign Credential provided. SPOUSE'S EDUCATION ECA report verified on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site. ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by issuing agency as BACHELORS DEGREE (FOUR YEARS). Foreign Credential provided. AGE Applicant's age reviewed and no change from ITA to e-APR.

HIRV:
This is note from the Program Assistant, who reviewed your file. You have been recommended passed and now this note will be reviewed by an agent, who will make this determination final. Most agents will agree with the program assistant or an analyst's assessment.

The eligibility is an overall things, the verification of IELTS is done at R10 level, so nothing to worry about.

Charrington

Star Member
Apr 10, 2016
Visa Office......
London
Nomination.....
4 jan 2017
AOR Received.
4 February 2017
Med's Done....
08-03-2017
H
This is note from the Program Assistant, who reviewed your file. You have been recommended passed and now this note will be reviewed by an agent, who will make this determination final. Most agents will agree with the program assistant or an analyst's assessment.

The eligibility is an overall things, the verification of IELTS is done at R10 level, so nothing to worry about.

Just out of curiosity are the program assistant notes I.e. Review Done In cio office then agent review done at lvo fsw Outland candidate here appreciate other streams be different.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
H

Just out of curiosity are the program assistant notes I.e. Review Done In cio office then agent review done at lvo fsw Outland candidate here appreciate other streams be different.
There is no set trend, but usually, the Program assistant and analysts are at CIO or CPO (depending on the workload). Then depending if the applicant is outland or inland, and where the processing office is, the application is sent there. For inland, its is CPO Ottawa and for outland, it is LVO, where the agent will make the final determination. But this can vary.

andybitty

May 30, 2017
Hi Legalfalcon,

Hope you are doing well.
My AOR is 28th January and i am inland PNP. My medical passed on 10th April and background in progress since then.

I got ADR on 3rd of May about submitting our son's birth certificate with name of parents. We submitted requested document on 9th of May and it says you have uploaded the document.

I emailed CPC ottawa to know my visa office. On 11th of April my file was at CIO and on 2nd May it was at cpc ottawa and again I emailed them yesterday and got reply which says - I confirm that your file is at our office and end of the email I can see CPC ottawa address and agent name.

Where does R10, eligibility and criminality checks done? By reading GMCS notes I have got some understanding that criminality and R10 is passed at CIO and eligibility is recommended pass at CIO and then file moves to CPC for inland for final approval. Is it right?
Also, as far as criminality is concerned, they follow the NRT on PCC to pass criminality. I am Indian with clean PCC Or do they contact courts and local police station with every application? According to all GMCS notes, criminality is passed following clean pcc on file.

Sorry for long message. I am asking this to understand the process and get some insights on my application. Also, I want to know how they verify PCC.