caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi. I understand. But unfortunately I am at a loss. I am stuck up elsewhere without my own computer and all I have is my phone and I do not know how to blur out sensitive information using that. I will try to do it and upload new blurred one soon an take off my original link. I apologize and thank you for your valuable input.
Not a problem. You can Google for some online tools which may help. e.g. https://smallpdf.com/blog/how-to-black-out-text-in-pdf , https://redact-pdf.pdffiller.com/ etc

Reactions: Srinath0606

seanshine

Mar 4, 2019
have this info! and does it mean my DM is issued?
I have received anything yet tho.

NOTES: 1
Created Date: 2020/03/05 21:31:49
Created By:
Updated Date: 2020/03/05 21:31:54
Updated by:
Restricted: NO
Label: General
Oiffice: Manila
Text: For ppt request

should i request for another ATIP to see what is going on?

THanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
have this info! and does it mean my DM is issued?
I have received anything yet tho.

Created Date: 2020/03/05 21:31:49
Created By:
Updated Date: 2020/03/05 21:31:54
Updated by:
Restricted: NO
Oiffice: Manila
Text: For ppt request

should i request for another ATIP to see what is going on?

THanks
Are all your checks and other assessments complete. This refers to request for passport.

Abahcici

Jul 13, 2020
My gcms note came in and officer says verification recommended on employment letter. Please verify employment, primary duties, tenure, remuneration, size and scope of company. Adaptability: Siblings in canda x2 see above pending. Next steps. Recommendation: verification activity created for employment letter.

This was noted 3 from Accra. Notes 1 and 2 were empty probably redacted. What should I do please

https://postimg.cc/qtw0sxyf

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
My gcms note came in and officer says verification recommended on employment letter. Please verify employment, primary duties, tenure, remuneration, size and scope of company. Adaptability: Siblings in canda x2 see above pending. Next steps. Recommendation: verification activity created for employment letter.

This was noted 3 from Accra. Notes 1 and 2 were empty probably redacted. What should I do please

https://postimg.cc/qtw0sxyf
Employment verifications are common for employers that are small or if IRCC has some doubts. Do the following:

1. Make sure that your work reference letter that you submitted meets the IRCC requirements, i.e. has the following:
a reference or experience letter from the employer, which​
  • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
    • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits
2. Inform your employer that they may be contacted by IRCC.

3. If your work reference letter is not in order, you can send a revised one via webform.

Lastly, you will have to wait until the verification is complete. Most verifications are done over the phone and are a very general, mostly inquiring about the applicant, the designation and etc.

KDM13

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Category........
CEC
I have a question about the GCMS notes. It just provides a snapshot from that point in time, it doesn't give you live updates going forward does it? So you'd have to order them again if you wanted to see the updated notes a couple of months later?

If so, when is the best time to order them? I just did my biometrics today, would it be worth ordering so soon or is it best to wait until I am further along in the process?

Preux

Jul 14, 2020
Hi guys,

Today I got my notes (EE-FSW) and below is the latest officer note, what do you think it means?

Created Date: 2020/06/18 08:20:22
Created By: ****
Updated Date: 2020/06/18 08:20:29
Updated By: ****
Restricted: No
Office: Paris
Text: Dossier semble PPV [this is French for "case seems PPV"]

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I have a question about the GCMS notes. It just provides a snapshot from that point in time, it doesn't give you live updates going forward does it? So you'd have to order them again if you wanted to see the updated notes a couple of months later?

If so, when is the best time to order them? I just did my biometrics today, would it be worth ordering so soon or is it best to wait until I am further along in the process?
GCMS notes will not provide live update. They are generated a few days after the request is filed and as on that date how you application looked is reflected in your notes.

At the bottom of each page of the GCMS notes is a generation date and that is the date how your application was, which os captured on the notes. To know any subsequent processing details, you will have to request a new set of GCMS notes.

However, the GCMS notes should be used strategically.

Reposting one of my old posts:

When to order GCMS notes?

The GCMS refer to the programmed called Global Case Management System (GCMS) used by IRCC that holds the entire processing record of your application, including the the notes pertaining to eligibility by an officer evaluating your file.

All applications go through the following stages:

R10
Medicals
Criminality
Eligibility
Security

R10 or the completeness check is the first stage of the processing, wherein it is verified that your application is complete and all documents are submitted. Filing a complete application is the responsibility of the application, and if a document is missing, a reason and an exemption request should be filed.

If an application is incomplete, it will be rejected. R10 usually happens within 30-45 days of filing your application, around the time when medicals are passed. The exact date will be available in your GCMS notes.

There is no point requesting GCMS notes at this stage, since if your application is incomplete, it will be rejected anyway, and for the medicals, the MyCIC account does inform you of when your meds are passed.

GCMS notes become important only for the eligibility stage, which does not start until 3-4 months. Eligibility takes place in 2 stages. First a case assistant or an analyst will review and make a recommendation. This is then reviewed by an officer who makes the final decision on the eligibility. Since each document you submitted has to be reviewed twice, this is the most time consuming stage.

Only for this stage are the GCMS notes relevant. While GCMS is a great tool, use it sparingly and only after 3-4 months have expired.

See https://bit.ly/30CAjL8

Reactions: KDM13

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Everything else seemed ok. Here is the full note. Thanks for the help!!
The analyst is simply stating that he / she was able to verify 419 CRS points. This is why you have review required, and it will be upon the officer to make a final determination on the issue.

Reporting one of my old posts here:

Understanding “Review Required”
A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

There are just some of the scenarios.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Mshah10

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon i just received my notes saying eligibility is recommended passed by case analyst. However, there was note on my old work experience letter (not current one) saying it’s not dated (Issuance date). Case analyst didn’t deduct any CRS points and commented that both A11.2 and R87.1 as “appears met“. Will these cause any issues? Should I upload a dated experience letter?

thank you.
As a rule of thumb all letters should be dated. However, if a letter is not dated, but on an official letter head and meets all other IRCC requirements, you need not worry. If you can get a dated revised letter, you can send it via webform as a replacement document.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

richard311

Dec 7, 2019
Hello @legalfalcon ,
I have just received my GCMS notes, but it has the "A39-A41" section marked - type "non-compliance" with status "cancelled". May I ask you what does that mean, and should I be worried about anything bad?

Here is what it looks like:

OTHER REQS
A39-A41

A39-A41: 1
Created Date: 2020/06/05
Created By: [Officer X]
Updated Date: 2020/06/08
Updated By: [Officer Y]
Type: Non-compliance
Status Updated By: [Officer Y]
Status Updated Date: 2020/06/08

When I compare the date and time to the "Notes" section at the end of the GCMS notes, I found out that on 2020/06/05, Officer X received my latest police certificate (due to an additional document request), and assigned it to Officer Y. Then a few minutes later, Officer X created the above A39-A41 entry and set its status to "Not Started".

Then on 2020/06/08, Officer Y (who looks like the lead officer) updated the status of the above A39-A41 entry to "Cancelled". Then a few minutes later, he created 2 notes, saying "CRIMINALITY: PA: PASSED, NRT - ALL REQUIRED PCs ON FILE. NO INDICATION OF PREVIOUS CRIMINAL ACTIVITY", and "READY FOR APPROVAL" respectively.

According to a webform reply earlier this month, the agent said my eligibility, criminality and security are all passed. Under the assessments section at the beginning of the GCMS notes, it looks like this:

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: System Error
Other Reqs: Cancelled
Final:

So in your professional opinion, do you think my application is going well despite having the "A39-A41" section marked as "cancelled"? As the newest note says "Ready For Approval", should I still worry about that section?

To me it look like Officer X marked it for some reason, but Officer Y (the lead officer) reviewed the documents and cancelled it later, and determined my criminality as passed. Do you think this is possible?

Thank you very much!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon ,
I have just received my GCMS notes, but it has the "A39-A41" section marked - type "non-compliance" with status "cancelled". May I ask you what does that mean, and should I be worried about anything bad?

Here is what it looks like:

OTHER REQS
A39-A41

A39-A41: 1
Created Date: 2020/06/05
Created By: [Officer X]
Updated Date: 2020/06/08
Updated By: [Officer Y]
Type: Non-compliance
Status Updated By: [Officer Y]
Status Updated Date: 2020/06/08

When I compare the date and time to the "Notes" section at the end of the GCMS notes, I found out that on 2020/06/05, Officer X received my latest police certificate (due to an additional document request), and assigned it to Officer Y. Then a few minutes later, Officer X created the above A39-A41 entry and set its status to "Not Started".

Then on 2020/06/08, Officer Y (who looks like the lead officer) updated the status of the above A39-A41 entry to "Cancelled". Then a few minutes later, he created 2 notes, saying "CRIMINALITY: PA: PASSED, NRT - ALL REQUIRED PCs ON FILE. NO INDICATION OF PREVIOUS CRIMINAL ACTIVITY", and "READY FOR APPROVAL" respectively.

According to a webform reply earlier this month, the agent said my eligibility, criminality and security are all passed. Under the assessments section at the beginning of the GCMS notes, it looks like this:

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: System Error
Other Reqs: Cancelled
Final:

So in your professional opinion, do you think my application is going well despite having the "A39-A41" section marked as "cancelled"? As the newest note says "Ready For Approval", should I still worry about that section?

To me it look like Officer X marked it for some reason, but Officer Y (the lead officer) reviewed the documents and cancelled it later, and determined my criminality as passed. Do you think this is possible?

Thank you very much!
A39-41 refers to pertains to inadmissibility.

39 A foreign national is inadmissible for financial reasons if they are or will be unable or unwilling to support themself or any other person who is dependent on them, and have not satisfied an officer that adequate arrangements for care and support, other than those that involve social assistance, have been made.

40 (1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation
  • (a) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act;
  • (b) for being or having been sponsored by a person who is determined to be inadmissible for misrepresentation;
  • (c) on a final determination to vacate a decision to allow their claim for refugee protection or application for protection; or
  • (d) on ceasing to be a citizen under
    • (i) paragraph 10(1)(a) of the Citizenship Act, as it read immediately before the coming into force of section 8 of the Strengthening Canadian Citizenship Act, in the circumstances set out in subsection 10(2) of the Citizenship Act, as it read immediately before that coming into force,
    • (ii) subsection 10(1) of the Citizenship Act, in the circumstances set out in section 10.2 of that Act, or
    • (iii) subsection 10.1(3) of the Citizenship Act, in the circumstances set out in section 10.2 of that Act.

41 A person is inadmissible for failing to comply with this Act

• (a) in the case of a foreign national, through an act or omission which contravenes, directly or indirectly, a provision of this Act; and
  • (b) in the case of a permanent resident, through failing to comply with subsection 27(2) or section 28.

Notes pertaining to these sections are cancelled, when there is no evident evidence for them.

This is a discussion forum, and no professional opinions are provided here.