+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL ABOUT GCMS - HOW TO ORDER, READ, & GENERAL QUESTIONS ANSWERED

hamza2172

Dec 19, 2018
In some cases IRCC will not release GCMS notes, but most of the delays are due to administrative issues. If you requested the GCMS notes yourself, you will have the email id where you can contact IRCC. If you requested the GCMS notes from a third party website, they should have contacted IRCC and informed your of the status.
Thank You for the reply @legalfalcon, but the issue here is that I didn't order It myself it was third party request and the person of contact has raised the issue with the gcms team and also requested new notes on 3rd Jan, my question here is that if the notes were reordered will I receive latest notes or dated 5th October? Also, does calling CIC affect application time? I have called them 3 times in 6 months and my current status as per last call on 21st Dec is as follows

Eligibility: Passed
Criminality: Passed
Security Check: Not yet started

Should I call them again? will it delay my application processing time?

Thanks in advance

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank You for the reply @legalfalcon, but the issue here is that I didn't order It myself it was third party request and the person of contact has raised the issue with the gcms team and also requested new notes on 3rd Jan, my question here is that if the notes were reordered will I receive latest notes or dated 5th October? Also, does calling CIC affect application time? I have called them 3 times in 6 months and my current status as per last call on 21st Dec is as follows

Eligibility: Passed
Criminality: Passed
Security Check: Not yet started

Should I call them again? will it delay my application processing time?

Thanks in advance
If the GCMS notes are requested before the previous request has been complied with, IRCC may only release the most recent GCMS notes for both the requests. However, they may even release two requests. It is entirely up to IRCC since they are meeting their obligation to provide you with the information, and the most latest notes will have the previous information in it anyway.

Calling IRCC has no impact on the processing of your application.

MadAngel

Jul 31, 2018
Hello LegalFalcon,

Could you please help me read my notes, specifically relating to work experience.
I ordered my notes a few months ago, and in the "Case analyst notes" section it had a note at the top, recommending that my CRS points be dropped and only acknowledging one of the two jobs I worked at (this drops my score to below accepted minimum)

Below under notes of the other workplace it said "REVIEW REQUIRED"

I ordered notes again immediately after, and just received them today,

the same note at the top, recommending to reduce the points remains,

Under "review required", they have a note about the second company, saying that the website shows a different address than the letter and that the address provided on my letter was residential.

Blue is confirmed business (worked there part time and full time), red is the other company with residential address

At the time I was working with that company (just the Owner and 2 employees) he was switching offices so for a period of time we were working in the owner's basement (I did not include it as a note). He has that address on 2 years of my T4s.

It seems that they might decline me based on that, is there a way to provide additional documents to prove that I was working for that company and it was a legit company?
Do you think that note means I will get declined?
Is there a place anywhere else on the notes that would help me determine whether the recommendation to reduce points is final?

Any help would be appreciated, I am freaking out. My application is estimated to be processed by January 31, 2019

Thank you!!!
Neringa

Last edited:

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018
Hello @legalfalcon i received notes sometime in November and i just noticed that on the section where case analyst commented i have s16 1 (c) and s19( 1) on the top right corner of the page. Now security has not started but there case analysts wrote CRIMINALITY: CIO recommends review required for stat question.
I had a previous canadian visa rejection which i stated and the reason for the rejection was in the notes gotten from their foss.and the case analyst stated that I have a current canadian visa that expires in may of this year
I however forgot to include my previous us visa denial because i got the us study visa almost immediately, two weeks after and I am currently in the US on that visa. I raised a CSE and explained that i forgot about the us visa denial and imcluded it in the LOE

Please does the s16 1 (c) and s19 (1) mean I would be sent for SS security screening that takes about a year?

Your response would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello LegalFalcon,

Could you please help me read my notes, specifically relating to work experience.
I ordered my notes a few months ago, and in the "Case analyst notes" section it had a note at the top, recommending that my CRS points be dropped and only acknowledging one of the two jobs I worked at (this drops my score to below accepted minimum)

Below under notes of the other workplace it said "REVIEW REQUIRED"

I ordered notes again immediately after, and just received them today,

the same note at the top, recommending to reduce the points remains,

Under "review required", they have a note about the second company, saying that the website shows a different address than the letter and that the address provided on my letter was residential.

Blue is confirmed business (worked there part time and full time), red is the other company with residential address

At the time I was working with that company (just the Owner and 2 employees) he was switching offices so for a period of time we were working in the owner's basement (I did not include it as a note). He has that address on 2 years of my T4s.

It seems that they might decline me based on that, is there a way to provide additional documents to prove that I was working for that company and it was a legit company?
Do you think that note means I will get declined?
Is there a place anywhere else on the notes that would help me determine whether the recommendation to reduce points is final?

Any help would be appreciated, I am freaking out. My application is estimated to be processed by January 31, 2019

Thank you!!!
Neringa
The notes do not mean that your application will be declined. It simply means that the case agent has concerns and has asked the officer to review your application. You can send additional documents if you have any or wait for the officer to complete the review.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon i received notes sometime in November and i just noticed that on the section where case analyst commented i have s16 1 (c) and s19( 1) on the top right corner of the page. Now security has not started but there case analysts wrote CRIMINALITY: CIO recommends review required for stat question.
I had a previous canadian visa rejection which i stated and the reason for the rejection was in the notes gotten from their foss.and the case analyst stated that I have a current canadian visa that expires in may of this year
I however forgot to include my previous us visa denial because i got the us study visa almost immediately, two weeks after and I am currently in the US on that visa. I raised a CSE and explained that i forgot about the us visa denial and imcluded it in the LOE

Please does the s16 1 (c) and s19 (1) mean I would be sent for SS security screening that takes about a year?

Your response would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
see https://www.getgcms.com/blog/s15-s16-top-right-gcms-denote/

MadAngel

Jul 31, 2018
The notes do not mean that your application will be declined. It simply means that the case agent has concerns and has asked the officer to review your application. You can send additional documents if you have any or wait for the officer to complete the review.
Thank you, that's a bit of a relief
could you tell me how/where would I send the additional documents?

Thank you,

waterlooengineer

Mar 13, 2018
Hi @legalfalcon
I requested for CBSA notes in November and late December I got a letter from CBSA stating that my request is taking longer than 30 days because they are working on my application currently.

What does that mean? Is CBSA currently working on my application and hence not releasing the notes? Does that mean CSIS would have conducted their checks already?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon
I requested for CBSA notes in November and late December I got a letter from CBSA stating that my request is taking longer than 30 days because they are working on my application currently.

What does that mean? Is CBSA currently working on my application and hence not releasing the notes? Does that mean CSIS would have conducted their checks already?
When the CBSA is still working on your file, they can seek extension for 30, 60, or 90 days. Just because CBSA sought an extension, does not mean CSIS would have concluded its involvement, for that you would need the CSIS notes.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks @legalfalcon . Does that mean both CBSA and CSIS work side by side on background checks?
No,l in most cases, CSIS will conclude its screening and then send the report to CBSA, which then does its screening and submits the final report to IRCC.

Y@$h

Nov 13, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-06-2018
Med's Done....
04-06-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
25-09-2020
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
Hello @legalfalcon,

I received my GCMS notes yesterday (AOR June 14th) and few things in it do stand out. Can you please help me with your expertise here?

1. On the first page, App Status is shown as “On Hold”, but “App Status Reason” is blank.

2. Second page ASSESSMENTS show-
Eligibility - Recommended Passed
Security - Not started
Criminality - Not Started
Other Reqs - Cancelled.

3. There is a section somewhere down the document (around page 62) that says “OTHER REQS”, which has a sub-section called “VERIFICATION”. This has a new entry from the day I had experienced a ghost update -
Type - Verification & Status - Cancelled.

4. Surprisingly, Analyst Notes towards the end of document has blank “Text” and “Label”.

Advit

Nov 2, 2017
Hey @legalfalcon ,

I applied for Student Visa on 18th october,2018 at Chandigarh VAC but till date I have not got any decision. My review started on 26th December , Am I eligible to apply GCMS notes?

Y@$h

Nov 13, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-06-2018
Med's Done....
04-06-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
25-09-2020
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
Hello @legalfalcon,

I received my GCMS notes yesterday (AOR June 14th) and few things in it do stand out. Can you please help me with your expertise here?

1. On the first page, App Status is shown as “On Hold”, but “App Status Reason” is blank.

2. Second page ASSESSMENTS show-
Eligibility - Recommended Passed
Security - Not started
Criminality - Not Started
Other Reqs - Cancelled.

3. There is a section somewhere down the document (around page 62) that says “OTHER REQS”, which has a sub-section called “VERIFICATION”. This has a new entry from the day I had experienced a ghost update -
Type - Verification & Status - Cancelled.

4. Surprisingly, Analyst Notes towards the end of document has blank “Text” and “Label”.
@legalfalcon - please help.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015