Nancy_N

Star Member
Oct 16, 2018
hi @legalfalcon,

Could you help me with the below (possibly complicated) query:

My timeline:
AoR:
27th April 2018
Married on 1st May and contacted CIC about the change around last-may 2018.
ADR for adding spousal kit: Late June 2018.
Submitted documents related to spousal kit: August 1st week 2018.
GCMS notes orders: 14th Nov 2018.
IP2: 6th Dec
ADR2: Wifes PCC - 12th December
Submitted ADR2: 17th December.
GCMS notes received: 17th December. Notes are dated 19th Nov (which means before it moved to IP2)
ADR went back to NA the very next day.

So I had applied for GCMS notes in Nov 2018 because my AOR was 27th April and my application was still stuck on "reviewing additional docs" since late July 2018 when I had submitted docs for adding my spouse (I got married in May 2018, after AOR).

However, before I received my GCMS, my application moved to IP2 on December 6th and then I got an ADR for my wife's PCC on 12th DeI received my GCMS last week and it was dated 19/11/2019 which is BEFORE my application moved to IP2.
And this is what it said:

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Review Required
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: Not Started
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: Complete
Other Reqs:
Final:

Notes:
NOTES: 10
Created Date: 2018/05/16 13:53:33
Created By: LJ9131
Updated Date: 2018/05/16 13:53:39 (this was before I updated CIC on my marriage and before I added my wife's documents FYI)
Updated By: LJ9131
Restricted: No
Label: EE Eligibility
Office: Centralized Intake Office
Text:
*** 11.2 AGENT REVIEW*** Lock-in Date: 2018-04-27 _E001013154 PA: AHLUWALIA, GAURAV INDRAJIT - EE FSW Having analyzed this application based on the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file, I make the following recommendation.
------------------------------------ Ml 3 A11.2: Review Required R75: FSW MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - Appears Met R76: SELECTION CRITERIA -
FSW
POINTS/Funds: Review Required FSW points total: 70 RPRF: Complete

SETTLEMENT FUNDS: Review Required Family of 1 requires CAD $12 475 Approx. CAD $12443 - CAD $9769 as per GAURAV INDRAJIT AHLUWALIA statement at 2018-04-18; - CAD $2674 as per GAURAV INDRAJIT AHLUWALIA statement at 2018-04-18; Officer, please review edoc 214971142

THE OTHER NOTES (1-9) ARE ALL FOR ADDING SPOUSAL KITS, proof of relationship docs which I did in August-Sept 2018, etc etc.

Now the reason the review IN MAY 2018 could have happened is:
My primary account balance did not have the entire amount so I also showed them a statement for my investment policy that had a surrender value on that date of US$30,000. It seems like there might have been confused with it.

This GCMS was in Nov 2018 and by 6th dec my application went from reviewing additional docs to NA and my background started (basically IP2)
AND THEN on 12th December, I got another ADR but this was for my wife's PCC that I submitted on 17th December.
Now since 17th December, additional documents has gone back to NA.

So my question is this:
Since the application background check has started and the 2nd ADR did not ask for anything related to funds and additional documents is now NA, does this mean the officer found it satisfactory?
Or should I get a letter from my broker/agent or the hedge fund itself detailing the policy?

The reason I ask is that my primary bank balance is almost always ZERO or quite below the requirments. This is because half of my monthly salary goes in this investment+life insurance (aroound US$2750 monthly. yes I invest nearly 50% of my salary) thats paid through my credit card (credit card itself has 100% payment every month so that I dont rack up debt on it) while the rest goes in expenses, small family debt repayments, sending it to my family etc.
So because of this i have to depend on the policy. And this policy is a 20 year policy. I can break it anytime but I get only half the money I invested then. The surrender value as of date (the money I get if I break it) is more than enough to meet the requirements and I get it in a week max.

So should I get a letter detailing this policy and submit or should I just wait in case IRCC comes back with ADR? OR do you think, the matter might have been resolved considering this GCMS was in nov and my application moved to IP2 and the 2nd ADR has nothing to do with PoF.

Thanks you :D
I'm not that knowledgeable in this regard but you should probably block off your personal details (name, app number, etc) from the notes before posting.

RohitV

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Delhi
App. Filed.......
27-09-2018
I ordered GCMS notes yesterday through getgcms
Fields where one needs to fill in UCI number were in _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (cluster format), with an OR in between...however it does not reflect in such a manner on my CIC account. @legalfalcon I also provided my application number in subsequent field (which was not marked mandatory).
This web form can be improved to avoid confusion.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon pls I need help with my gcms note AOR May 26th. I received the note yesterday. I saw review required on my work experience without any reason or mismatched. Everything stated was a summary of the job documents I submitted.

Review Type was ok....

Then my CSR score dropped from 473 to 389. PA gained point at single , 1yr Canadian work experience, 3+ yr foreign work exp and Canadian education.
Note - it doesn’t mention my foreign education Bsc.
I submitted WES ECA which was confirm during R10. When I went through the pages my Foreign education show NO for recognition, and WES show it’s recognized.
Also, when I check the activity,my eligibility was changing from passed-candidate, to review require, to recommended passed to review required.

Question pls - can’t figure out why my CRS score dropped
2- what does PA gained point mean? Does it mean does part have been reviewed? If yes, I am confused why the officer still put RR.
3- not sure if my foreign education that wasn’t included in the PA gained... could be the issue.
4 - Do u have an idea y eligibility keep changing like that? Thank you
In the middle of the GCMS notes the calculations for the points is done. see that if your education has been taken into account.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I ordered GCMS notes yesterday through getgcms
Fields where one needs to fill in UCI number were in _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (cluster format), with an OR in between...however it does not reflect in such a manner on my CIC account. @legalfalcon I also provided my application number in subsequent field (which was not marked mandatory).
This web form can be improved to avoid confusion.
The UCI number comes in 2 formats, either a 8 dight 1234-5678 or a 10 digit - 11-1234-5678.

See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=013&top=4

Amg_man

Nov 27, 2018
@GCMS gurus - help me understand this note:
Date: 30.10: "Recommendation: Recommend Pass MI3 Summary notes: CIO Recommends review required - pending outstanding PC. Provided: NRT. A11.2: Appears met FSW points: 81 ready to Finalize RPRF: Complete"
To make it a bit clearer, during my medical passed time (3 August), I received an ADR for a PCC and I submitted it on 5 August + another PCC was sent by its issuing country with IRCC on 23 August. Does this review note mean they are happy with my PCCs?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@GCMS gurus - help me understand this note:
Date: 30.10: "Recommendation: Recommend Pass MI3 Summary notes: CIO Recommends review required - pending outstanding PC. Provided: NRT. A11.2: Appears met FSW points: 81 ready to Finalize RPRF: Complete"
To make it a bit clearer, during my medical passed time (3 August), I received an ADR for a PCC and I submitted it on 5 August + another PCC was sent by its issuing country with IRCC on 23 August. Does this review note mean they are happy with my PCCs?
Answered on another thread.

SANA YOUNIS

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
Pakistan
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi! I requested for GCMS on 1st Nov and today is 3rd January. I have not received my GCMS as yet. I have been receiving emails from GETGCMs that my they have filed a report against IRCC since they crossed the deadline for issuing my notes. My question is will it affect my application processing or will they ever release my GCMS?

muz

Star Member
Dec 29, 2007
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-10-2018
@legalfalcon
Hi
Happy New Year
I have emailed to Getgcms but wanted to put here also for others regarding section 1 in consent form.

I want to order GCMS notes however I am not sure what information to put for Section 1 . Designated Representative's Information?

Secondly I want to ask if its right time to order GCMS considering there was apparently some movement in my application on 14 and 21 December (came to know via so called ghost updates). I am a PNP outland applicant and heard PNP applications normally takes time so just thinking if its early to order gcms?

Thanks
Muz

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi! I requested for GCMS on 1st Nov and today is 3rd January. I have not received my GCMS as yet. I have been receiving emails from GETGCMs that my they have filed a report against IRCC since they crossed the deadline for issuing my notes. My question is will it affect my application processing or will they ever release my GCMS?

The GCMS notes are released under the Access to Information Act. As per the act section 7 states:

7 Where access to a record is requested under this Act, the head of the government institution to which the request is made shall, subject to sections 8, 9 and 11, within thirty days after the request is received,

• (a) give written notice to the person who made the request as to whether or not access to the record or a part thereof will be given; and
  • (b) if access is to be given, give the person who made the request access to the record or part thereof.

When the requested information is not given it is considered deemed refusal as per section 10:

Deemed refusal to give access

(3) Where the head of a government institution fails to give access to a record requested under this Act or a part thereof within the time limits set out in this Act, the head of the institution shall, for the purposes of this Act, be deemed to have refused to give access.

In your case IRCC was unable to release the information with 30 days. However upon contacting them, they have confirmed that it is not a refusal as per section 8, 9, 10 and IRCC will be releasing the GCMS notes and the request has been flagged as priority.

If you feel you that this delay is unreasonable, then you have been given an option to approach the Information Commissioner of Canada.

In simple words, the GCMS notes have been delayed and IRCC has acknowledged it. They will be released soon. There is nothing much to be read in it and it has no impact on the processing of your application.

GET GCMS sends status request reminders upon the completion of 35 days, and any communication received back is informed to the respective applicants.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
Hi
Happy New Year
I have emailed to Getgcms but wanted to put here also for others regarding section 1 in consent form.

I want to order GCMS notes however I am not sure what information to put for Section 1 . Designated Representative's Information?

Secondly I want to ask if its right time to order GCMS considering there was apparently some movement in my application on 14 and 21 December (came to know via so called ghost updates). I am a PNP outland applicant and heard PNP applications normally takes time so just thinking if its early to order gcms?

Thanks
Muz
Let me start with the second part and then go to the first.

GCMS notes are a tool to track the progress of your application. They contain the entire record, processing details and electronic notes from the officer who is processing your request. However, if you request them too soon, there will be nothing much in the notes, which will not be of any help to you. What you are ideally checking is your eligibility which usually starts 45-60 days after your receive the AoR. So this is the time frame that you should keep in mind when you request GCMS notes.

At GET GCMS, after you place an order, a pre-filled consent form is sent to you with the instructions. You do not have to do anything.

gauravahluwalia

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi @legalfalcon

Need your help in another tricky situation.
My wife was on "on arrival visa' for Qatar (where I stay) twice. First during may 2018 to june 2018 and then we went to India (our home country) for a wedding.
We came back to Qatar in July 2017 with my wife on visit visa again.
She got her RP on 1st aug 2018 and her PCC is from 1st august.

Now my issue is this: my application was already in ip2 when on 12th deceDece cic asked for my wifes pcc. ADR has been on "not applicable" ever since i uploaded my wifes pcc.

I just checked the form for my wife that i had submitted when applying for her and in it i had stated in her travel history that she was in qatar since May 2018 as TOURIST.

My question is: will cic still reject my application even if on the form I said she was in qatar as visitor and later as resident. I have seen people from qatar getting rejected due to this gap in police clearance.
Also if the police/ministry does not give my wife PCC for her visit visavisa , would an LoE be enough?

Thanks

muz

Star Member
Dec 29, 2007
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-10-2018
Let me start with the second part and then go to the first.

GCMS notes are a tool to track the progress of your application. They contain the entire record, processing details and electronic notes from the officer who is processing your request. However, if you request them too soon, there will be nothing much in the notes, which will not be of any help to you. What you are ideally checking is your eligibility which usually starts 45-60 days after your receive the AoR. So this is the time frame that you should keep in mind when you request GCMS notes.

At GET GCMS, after you place an order, a pre-filled consent form is sent to you with the instructions. You do not have to do anything.
Thank you for your response.
I will order notes soon.

that90sguy

Star Member
Oct 25, 2018
Hi @legalfalcon
Thanks for a great thread. Really helpful.
I'm being sponsored under family class and it's been 2 months since I cleared my medical. I want to apply for GCMS notes and see what's going on. I have a paid representative for our file and I don't feel like going through him for the notes. If I order the notes from getgcms will my rep be notified about it? Who will receive the notes? Will using your services overwite my rep since I'll be signing a consent form? Please advise

kunalmanohar

Oct 13, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon
Have a gr8 new year..!!:)

Does CIC has the right to extend the medical expiry date...??

My Medical is about to expire on 31st Mar 2019 as per GCMS note, haven't recieved PPR yet

Thanks in Advance