Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon
Have a gr8 new year..!!:)

Does CIC has the right to extend the medical expiry date...??

My Medical is about to expire on 31st Mar 2019 as per GCMS note, haven't recieved PPR yet

Thanks in Advance
Yes, IRCC can extend the Medical date, but it is discretionary. If your meds are expiring, you can seek an extension and if the Officer feels that your PPR is right around the corner, the officer may in her discretion decide to extend your meds or requet you for a re-med.

Reactions: kunalmanohar

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

Need your help in another tricky situation.
My wife was on "on arrival visa' for Qatar (where I stay) twice. First during may 2018 to june 2018 and then we went to India (our home country) for a wedding.
We came back to Qatar in July 2017 with my wife on visit visa again.
She got her RP on 1st aug 2018 and her PCC is from 1st august.

Now my issue is this: my application was already in ip2 when on 12th deceDece cic asked for my wifes pcc. ADR has been on "not applicable" ever since i uploaded my wifes pcc.

I just checked the form for my wife that i had submitted when applying for her and in it i had stated in her travel history that she was in qatar since May 2018 as TOURIST.

My question is: will cic still reject my application even if on the form I said she was in qatar as visitor and later as resident. I have seen people from qatar getting rejected due to this gap in police clearance.
Also if the police/ministry does not give my wife PCC for her visit visavisa , would an LoE be enough?

Thanks
First of there is no such stage as IP or IP2. These are just your status in MyCIC nad they do not correspond to what stage your application is at. All application go through the following stages:

R10
Criminality
Biometrics - Not a stage, just a step in the processing.
Medicals
Eligibility
Security

To read more on these, see https://www.getgcms.com/blog/express-entry-application-processed/

If you answered any question or provided an incorrect detail, you can correct it by sending a CSE - https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

If you are not a citizen of Qatar
If you live in Qatar: (for more than 6 months)
You must apply in person OR ask a representative (a friend, relative or colleague) in Qatar, with a power of attorney, to apply on your behalf, and bring:

• Two photographs (4x6 cm)
  • A copy of your current passport and ID card
  • A copy of your residence permit
  • Applicable fees

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/qatar.html

If you are ineligible to get a PCC, you can file a Letter of Explanation explaining the issue and you will be exempted.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon
Thanks for a great thread. Really helpful.
I'm being sponsored under family class and it's been 2 months since I cleared my medical. I want to apply for GCMS notes and see what's going on. I have a paid representative for our file and I don't feel like going through him for the notes. If I order the notes from getgcms will my rep be notified about it? Who will receive the notes? Will using your services overwite my rep since I'll be signing a consent form? Please advise
You can request your notes yourself through GET GCMS. Your rep will neither be notified and the GCMS notes when released will be transmitted to you.

Requesting GCMS notes and the processing of your application are entirely two different procedures and are unrelated. When you request the notes, your rep will continue be on your file unless your change him. The consent form you have to file when requesting the GCMS notes is only to obtain the GCMS notes, and nothing more. It does not replace your rep nor does it grant GET GCMS the permission to act on your behalf on your file. It merely grants authority to obtain your GCMS notes.

Reactions: that90sguy

kunalmanohar

Oct 13, 2017
Yes, IRCC can extend the Medical date, but it is discretionary. If your meds are expiring, you can seek an extension and if the Officer feels that your PPR is right around the corner, the officer may in her discretion decide to extend your meds or requet you for a re-med.
Thank u so much

gauravahluwalia

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Category........
FSW
First of there is no such stage as IP or IP2. These are just your status in MyCIC nad they do not correspond to what stage your application is at. All application go through the following stages:

R10
Criminality
Biometrics - Not a stage, just a step in the processing.
Medicals
Eligibility
Security

To read more on these, see https://www.getgcms.com/blog/express-entry-application-processed/

If you answered any question or provided an incorrect detail, you can correct it by sending a CSE - https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

If you are not a citizen of Qatar
If you live in Qatar: (for more than 6 months)
You must apply in person OR ask a representative (a friend, relative or colleague) in Qatar, with a power of attorney, to apply on your behalf, and bring:

• Two photographs (4x6 cm)
  • A copy of your current passport and ID card
  • A copy of your residence permit
  • Applicable fees

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/qatar.html

If you are ineligible to get a PCC, you can file a Letter of Explanation explaining the issue and you will be exempted.

Thanks you so much @legalfalcon
I have gotten the PCC for my wife but theres a gap of 31 days as the pcc is not given for tourist visas aan the police doesnt give any letter confirming the same either.
I have provided cic with LoE along with immigration stamps on passport (also has visit visa stickers with validity), screenshot of email reply from the police MY FRIEND received (since they havent replied to multiple of my mails). i also sent revised imm5562 and 5669.

I am not sure if you can answer this, but what are the chances the application will be rejected? I have seen some people getting rejected due to the gap in pcc but i think they also did not submit LoE. I only know of 2-3 people on various forums that submitted LoE and got their ppr.

Its really frustrating being in this position as i cant do anything here. My AoR was april 2018 and it seems like this might delay it even further :(

ozoozo

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
@legalfalcon ,I received my noted from Get Gcms , i found the following comment Fund Review required for The account activity amount

my funds are completed in the last six months prior to AOR and I never touched the Funds amount, this account in which I receive my monthly salary so I used it to pay my living expenses (without touching the POF amount) do you recommend to do anything or resend my bank statement and bank letters again ?

AOR 1st of August

Last edited:

harshala

Star Member
Nov 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-14
Doc's Request.
15-12-14
Hello everyone, @legalfalcon I've received my GCSM notes and it says eligibility: Review required for POF (by case analyst). There's a missing 400CAD in my account (as I am the PA) which is provided using my spouse account, I provided a signed no obligation letter and explained using an LOE. The most recent note shows that my criminality has been passed by an officer, so I am a bit confused here. RPRF is outstanding, A11.2 appears met. Please advise on what should I do ? Shall I make my spouse account a joint account and send an updated bank statement to CIC or shall I just wait for their ADR??

AOR: 24TH APRL
IP1: 2ND MAY
IP2: 28TH JUNE

Your valuable input would be much appreciated. Any one with same situation, please share your experience.
HeyHi,
i see u had Review requied on POF.
Is ur RR cleared? Any further update on ur file?
I am in a same boat with RR on POF. Raised cse with revised pof on 11th dec. Docs shared to concern officer on 13th dec.
Waiting for update.
If your file has moved ahead, can u please tell how long did it take between sharing revised docs to getting some update.
Please reply.

harshala

Star Member
Nov 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-14
Doc's Request.
15-12-14
Hi People,
I see multiple applicants here who has REVIEW REQUIRED for their eligibility for various reasons.
I am sailing in same boat. RR for POF. AOR 23rd aug 2018. No movement post medical passed in sep.
I have raised cse with revised docs on 11th dec and 13th received mail that the same has been shared with concern officer.

I question to you all RR applicants is :
1. is their update/ movement on your application post sharing requierd docs for RR
2. whats the avg time taken (approx no. of days) between CSE raised with docs to action seen on application

Please help me with AOR date/ CSE raised date and next update date on your file, so that i can get some idea on the recent trends on RR cases.

PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE. WOULD BE MUCH HELP

Hope we all get our Golden mail soon.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon wat is the maximum days ircc can release gcms . I am at the 81st day and no sign of gcms . even after filing complaint to icc 7 weeks back.
If your GCMS notes are not released within 30 days, it is considered deemed refusal. The delay in notes can be due to administrative reason, an ongoing investigation, which IRCC does not want the applicant to know of. The ICC investigation takes time, a few weeks, and a report or an update will be issued.

IRCC can even refuse to release the GCMS notes at all under the provisions of the Access to Information Act.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks you so much @legalfalcon
I have gotten the PCC for my wife but theres a gap of 31 days as the pcc is not given for tourist visas aan the police doesnt give any letter confirming the same either.
I have provided cic with LoE along with immigration stamps on passport (also has visit visa stickers with validity), screenshot of email reply from the police MY FRIEND received (since they havent replied to multiple of my mails). i also sent revised imm5562 and 5669.

I am not sure if you can answer this, but what are the chances the application will be rejected? I have seen some people getting rejected due to the gap in pcc but i think they also did not submit LoE. I only know of 2-3 people on various forums that submitted LoE and got their ppr.

Its really frustrating being in this position as i cant do anything here. My AoR was april 2018 and it seems like this might delay it even further :(
If you have a LoE, your application will not be rejected. IRCC will contact you to provide any supporting document if required.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon ,I received my noted from Get Gcms , i found the following comment Fund Review required for The account activity amount

my funds are completed in the last six months prior to AOR and I never touched the Funds amount, this account in which I receive my monthly salary so I used it to pay my living expenses (without touching the POF amount) do you recommend to do anything or resend my bank statement and bank letters again ?

AOR 1st of August
To address your question, could you please provide the complete note.

hamza2172

Dec 19, 2018
I had ordered GCMS notes on 5th October 2018. But have not yet received it, is there any way I could contact IRCC regarding the same? And, why does this happen I mean its above 90 days but they haven't released the notes yet? any help guys? really worried.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I had ordered GCMS notes on 5th October 2018. But have not yet received it, is there any way I could contact IRCC regarding the same? And, why does this happen I mean its above 90 days but they haven't released the notes yet? any help guys? really worried.
In some cases IRCC will not release GCMS notes, but most of the delays are due to administrative issues. If you requested the GCMS notes yourself, you will have the email id where you can contact IRCC. If you requested the GCMS notes from a third party website, they should have contacted IRCC and informed your of the status.