Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (H1B Holders) CIC Process

harip

Mar 16, 2009
nomad_musafir said:
congrats hari!

here is the list of dmp's:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cic+dmp

looks like there is only 1 for houston specifically:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=2040&ProvID=19029&ProvinceName=Texas&CountryName=United%20States%20of%20America
nomad_musafir ,
Thank you for your quick response.

-Hari

AlbertaCitizen

Star Member
Apr 11, 2009
harip said:
nomad_musafir said:
congrats hari!

here is the list of dmp's:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cic+dmp

looks like there is only 1 for houston specifically:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=2040&ProvID=19029&ProvinceName=Texas&CountryName=United%20States%20of%20America
nomad_musafir ,
Thank you for your quick response.

-Hari
Don't waste the thread in posting "Thanks" or "Thank You" so the number of threads get higher but useful statements where you find some real fact and figures are less than half. Don't post these "Sure", "Yeah" and "Thank you"

ustocan78

May 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello seniors, is it mandatory to take medicals from the US State you filed your application? My application has NJ address as my residence, but I got a project now in FL. Though my family still lives in NJ, can I get the medicals done in FL?

AlbertaCitizen

Star Member
Apr 11, 2009
ustocan78 said:
hello seniors, is it mandatory to take medicals from the US State you filed your application? My application has NJ address as my residence, but I got a project now in FL. Though my family still lives in NJ, can I get the medicals done in FL?
Medicals have nothing to do with state. There are certain DMP's in every state. Your family can do their medicals in NJ and You can do it in FL. Or If you wanna use same doctor for your family then probably schedule a appoint ment on Saturday, fly back to NJ and do with family or family can fly any day to FL and do it there. If you do not have any DMP within 200 KM area around you, then you can fill a special form which will allow any regular doctor to do medicals as per CIC's Instructions.

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
i got my medicals done yesterday. i started calling all the dmp's in order of driving distance from NC, and they were all very expensive. finally, i found dr. weiss in NJ and they charge $300 total. the receptionist was highly professional and helpful on the phone, and also in person at the facility. i called on thursday and they were able to get appointment for monday. dr. weiss is a jovial and friendly dr. he has been doing medicals for immigration for 12 years now. i saw boxes labeled us immi, canada immi, australia immigration. the x-ray place was not too far from the dr's office. the entire process took less than 2 hours. i am very satisfied with my experience. i highly recommend them.

Howard Weiss
9 Franklin Street,
Morristown
New jersey,

973-898-1770

C

cchabert

nomad_musafir said:
i got my medicals done yesterday. i started calling all the dmp's in order of driving distance from NC, and they were all very expensive. finally, i found dr. weiss in NJ and they charge $300 total. the receptionist was highly professional and helpful on the phone, and also in person at the facility. i called on thursday and they were able to get appointment for monday. dr. weiss is a jovial and friendly dr. he has been doing medicals for immigration for 12 years now. i saw boxes labeled us immi, canada immi, australia immigration. the x-ray place was not too far from the dr's office. the entire process took less than 2 hours. i am very satisfied with my experience. i highly recommend them.

Howard Weiss
9 Franklin Street,
Morristown
New jersey,

973-898-1770
So including the $300 of medicals how much you paid in the trip to NJ?

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
$600 for 2

only other major expenditure was gas 70-80. but then we have friends in dc and nj, we visited them while we were there, so no hotel expenditure :)

moiz4you

Star Member
Oct 16, 2008
harip said:
I just received my AOR and medicals yesterday.

Application Reached CIC on 04/01/2009
AOR + Medicals Received on 06/13/2009

Anybody has idea in locating good DMP for medicals in Houston ?

Your response is appreciated
Hey hari,

can you tell us what is the date on your aor.
Just wanted to figure out the mailing time.

AlbertaCitizen

Star Member
Apr 11, 2009
nomad_musafir said:
$600 for 2

only other major expenditure was gas 70-80. but then we have friends in dc and nj, we visited them while we were there, so no hotel expenditure :)

Nomad_Musafir:

Do you live in Durham area in NC?
Did you live in Reston-Herndon area in Northern Virginia?

chow

Sep 23, 2008
AlbertaCitizen said:
nomad_musafir said:
$600 for 2

Nomad_Musafir:

Do you live in Durham area in NC?

Did you live in Reston-Herndon area in Northern Virginia?
I lived in Durham, nc and herndon,va.

sandar

Apr 15, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
05/2009
AOR Received.
11/2009
File Transfer...
01/2010
Med's Request
12/2009
Med's Done....
12/2009
Passport Req..
?
Hi everyone, I have few questions for you:

1. what is AOR that you get together with medicals request?
2. do they need medicals for all dependants (even children)?
3. how long are the medicals valid? I am planning to do it in advance to save some time.
4. Can I send my medicals together with my application?
5. what are they asking on the interview?

Please reply whatever you know.
Thanks(in advance).

By the way I sent my reply to Alberta by fax, not mail( withing 30 days)

Harry2500

Star Member
Nov 13, 2008
Hi Guys

Could you tell CIC received my medicals on april 27th and I haven't received my landing fee/PCC request.Did any one of you send there Landing fee/PCC before its request.please help

C

cchabert

sandar said:
Hi everyone, I have few questions for you:

1. what is AOR that you get together with medicals request?
2. do they need medicals for all dependants (even children)?
3. how long are the medicals valid? I am planning to do it in advance to save some time.
4. Can I send my medicals together with my application?
5. what are they asking on the interview?

Please reply whatever you know.
Thanks(in advance).

By the way I sent my reply to Alberta by fax, not mail( withing 30 days)
1.- AOR (Acknowledge of Receipt) is a unique number that starts with a letter B usually that you'll receive with your medicals.
2.- You will receive medicals forms for all your dependents, even children.
3.- They last one year but you can't do it in advance because the Doc. needs the forms that you will receive by CIC so sit and relax.
4.- Nope
5.- Don't know I haven't do it.

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
Harry2500 said:
Hi Guys

Could you tell CIC received my medicals on april 27th and I haven't received my landing fee/PCC request.Did any one of you send there Landing fee/PCC before its request.please help
If you want send your RPR fee its up to u if you have State PCCs you can send them in also but CIC will have to send u a Passport request b4 u send it for VISA