+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (H1B Holders) CIC Process

jamesb111

Oct 28, 2008
My application is currently being processed in Buffalo. Applied on apr 6.
Around the same time I did apply for PCC .
Now my PCC if they are to have a 3 mnth time might expire before i get the AOR and medical.
Should I apply for new PCC?
Also is there any criteria as to why they would choose to have an interview?
I had asked this question a few posts before: in case I move back from US to India what happens to the CIC processing. I want to know is it possible for me to ask to transfer to India.

thanks
j

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
james,

i applied on march 24th and i received my aor in the exact week i was expecting which is the current week. you should receive your's in the next 2-3 weeks.

however, i do not get the connection between aor and pcc! why not be proactive and send them the pcc's right away? i know of one person here, i forget who exactly, who did just that. make sure to include all your details like name, dob, address, ainp number, and cic file number (you can get that number from the processing fees check they must have cashed).

i know of applicants who have had ainp transfer their files to india directly at the time of nomination. since you have already applied at buffalo, i am not sure what would be the best approach. if you are able to hang around here for another 3-4 months, let the process continue at buffalo. if you do move back inform both ainp and cic of the move and your new address.

jamesb111

Oct 28, 2008
Thanks for the reply N
I did the process through the lawyer and he advised to send the PCC along with the submission when I get the AOR.
And incase they need new ones they would let me know which.

In anycase I will get more FP cards ready in case they need any.
Thanks again N

sirsmak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2010 (CIC)
Med's Request
06-02-2010
Med's Done....
11-02-2010
Passport Req..
November 3rd
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2010
LANDED..........
Landed; Feb 06, 2011
I have a question to ask from the experienced,
I got my Alberta nomination yesterday, June 8, 2009 and today I made drafts and filled application for PCCs and FBI figure prints and sent them via priority mail. Based on readings on this forum and other places, my understanding is that it may take close to 4 weeks, or even more, before I get the reports back.
Now in your opinion which one is a better thing to do?
  • Should I wait for the criminal background check reports (FBI, State) and send my CIC application (imm0008 etc…) and reports together along with other supporting docs e.g. birth, marriage certificates, photocopies, application fee etc…?
Or
  • Should I send the application packet & application fees with other supporting documents which I already have and send my reports (FBI, State) later whenever I get them back from all the states and FBI?
The key thing is which one will take less time…. Will second option save me any time, since CIC takes up to 12 weeks to get to our file, second option may save me about 5-6 weeks of waiting? I don’t know… I am just asking and trying to figure out the best approach.
Thanks for your help in advance :)

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
you have to decide for yourself, i can only tell you what i did - i waited until i had all the required documentation before applying for cic.

C

cchabert

I think the letter from Alberta is very clear, about send all the papers once, not by parts. I sent all at once, I wait until I have everything.

Peace!

optimusprime

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
i agree with the others. just wait for the state pccs and FBI. you never know what CIC might decide to do. you should use the checklist as a guide of what needs to be submitted. i think anything less than what's required by CIC in the checklist, your packet would be considered incomplete and my just be sent back. it will just be a waste of postage.

sirsmak said:
I got my Alberta nomination yesterday, June 8, 2009 and today I made drafts and filled application for PCCs and FBI figure prints and sent them via priority mail. Based on readings on this forum and other places, my understanding is that it may take close to 4 weeks, or even more, before I get the reports back.
Now in your opinion which one is a better thing to do?
  • Should I wait for the criminal background check reports (FBI, State) and send my CIC application (imm0008 etc...) and reports together along with other supporting docs e.g. birth, marriage certificates, photocopies, application fee etc...?
Or
  • Should I send the application packet & application fees with other supporting documents which I already have and send my reports (FBI, State) later whenever I get them back from all the states and FBI?
The key thing is which one will take less time.... Will second option save me any time, since CIC takes up to 12 weeks to get to our file, second option may save me about 5-6 weeks of waiting? I don't know... I am just asking and trying to figure out the best approach.

notdet

Star Member
May 11, 2009
sirsmak said:
The key thing is which one will take less time.... Will second option save me any time, since CIC takes up to 12 weeks to get to our file, second option may save me about 5-6 weeks of waiting? I don't know... I am just asking and trying to figure out the best approach.
sirsmak, I think you should apply now, but don't forget to send receipt or something like that, indicating as proof that you have applied for PCC in states where you had/have lived for over 6 months (that's what my attorny told me to keep the proof of your application for PCC).
That's what I think.

sirsmak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2010 (CIC)
Med's Request
06-02-2010
Med's Done....
11-02-2010
Passport Req..
November 3rd
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2010
LANDED..........
Landed; Feb 06, 2011
Interesting…. See by default I do think that I should send My CIC application with every supporting doc that is needed, as Nomad, Optimus and Cchabert suggested. Also, the nomination letter I received suggests that I should gather all the required docs. But still I met some (2) friends (in real life) who got nominations and they actually sent their application the next day or a day after and naturally suggested me to do the same. I am still reluctant to do so. But then again I read your post which makes sense as well. That’s why I posted my concerns here to ask a greater and experienced audience, so I could make a decision not solely based on my instincts.

I really appreciate the help from you all. Seriously…, people on this forum are very helpful which is really great.

notdet said:
sirsmak, I think you should apply now, but don't forget to send receipt or something like that, indicating as proof that you have applied for PCC in states where you had/have lived for over 6 months (that's what my attorny told me to keep the proof of your application for PCC).
That's what I think.

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
could you divulge some more details about your real life friends after they submitted a technically 'incomplete' application - time line, aor received, etc?

sirsmak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2010 (CIC)
Med's Request
06-02-2010
Med's Done....
11-02-2010
Passport Req..
November 3rd
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2010
LANDED..........
Landed; Feb 06, 2011
Both of them sent 2 weeks and 3 weeks respectively. So… not on an AOR stage yet. But I am really trying to keep up with them see what happens to their application. I tried to convince them to share their experiences here but I guess they didn’t buy it. I don’t know their AINP file numbers exactly but I know the one who sent about three weeks ago had 400-something file number. The other one, who did it 2 weeks ago, is letting an attorney to process his application. Lets see how it goes
nomad_musafir said:
could you divulge some more details about your real life friends after they submitted a technically 'incomplete' application - time line, aor received, etc?

sirsmak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2010 (CIC)
Med's Request
06-02-2010
Med's Done....
11-02-2010
Passport Req..
November 3rd
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2010
LANDED..........
Landed; Feb 06, 2011
Honestly, I do not want to send my application in parts. When CIC officer open up my packet... I want him to have everything needed right there in that bundle of docs to make his decision which I hope is in my favor. So, I'd rather wait... at leat that is what I am thinking right now... :)
I read somewhere in a different thread "Divagirl" mentioned that she got her FBI report after a week and a half at her door.... Plus I should get PCC and Birth certificate and certified marriage cert. from my home country by the end of the next week... so...

nomad_musafir said:
sirsmak,

thank you for the info. at this stage, file number is inconsequential tho.
have you made up your mind regarding your approach.

j2alberta

May 11, 2009
Sirsmak,
great to hear that you have moved on the next stage and I agree with you, send EVERYTHING in one package and make it easier for them.
Quick question for you:
Did you have to sign a PN status update and send it Alberta within 30 days? What all is included in that status update?
Appreciate your response.

j2alberta

sirsmak said:
Honestly, I do not want to send my application in parts. When CIC officer open up my packet... I want him to have everything needed right there in that bundle of docs to make his decision which I hope is in my favor. So, I'd rather wait... at leat that is what I am thinking right now... :)
I read somewhere in a different thread "Divagirl" mentioned that she got her FBI report after a week and a half at her door.... Plus I should get PCC and Birth certificate and certified marriage cert. from my home country by the end of the next week... so...

nomad_musafir said:
sirsmak,

thank you for the info. at this stage, file number is inconsequential tho.
have you made up your mind regarding your approach.