+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (H1B Holders) CIC Process

bendjoe

Aug 23, 2008
agrisiva said:
Medical Tests & Personal Interviews

Did any of you get a request for personal interviews in addition to Medicals???

In the medical test papers that I received, there is a Warning Message stating that "if you are notified that you will be required to attend a personal interview at a visa office, you should not schedule medical exam until you have received your interview notice."

So far I did not receive any note for interview but worried what if I get one few days/ months later after my medicals. I do not want my Medical to expire (which usually does in a year). Any thoughts on this guys?
I think everyone has those lines you are talking about the item# 5. It will be applicable only if you are required to attend an interview.
Since you don't have an interview lined up till now I think it is advisable to do the medicals now, that's what we all did. If you are absolutely sure that there will be an interview for you then you can wait. I strongly feel there wont be an interview. In the worst case you will have to do it again in case medicals expire.

agrisiva

Nov 8, 2008
thanks BendJoe for your reply. Yes interestingly on the other side of the letter it states "Failure to do medicals within 60 days of this notice will result in unnecessary delays"

venky321

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
26-05-2016
Hello, just a simple question.

It seems that the proof of savings for Provincial Nominees has been waived. If you look at the latest checklist from the Buffalo Consulate.

However I am planning to include it in any case. I have my latest Bank Statement (April) and a letter from Bank of America dated May 22nd showing my accounts, total deposits and average balances over 12 months. Do you believe this would be sufficient?

Regards

albertaorbust

Feb 8, 2009
venky321 said:

It seems that the proof of savings for Provincial Nominees has been waived. If you look at the latest checklist from the Buffalo Consulate.

However I am planning to include it in any case. I have my latest Bank Statement (April) and a letter from Bank of America dated May 22nd showing my accounts, total deposits and average balances over 12 months. Do you believe this would be sufficient?

Regards

Sufficient? I don't think so. Pile on 20 more papers

venky321

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
26-05-2016
albertaorbust said:
venky321 said:

Regards

Sufficient? I don't think so. Pile on 20 more papers
You are joking, right.

A

Albertagoverner

agrisiva said:
Medical Tests & Personal Interviews

Did any of you get a request for personal interviews in addition to Medicals???

In the medical test papers that I received, there is a Warning Message stating that "if you are notified that you will be required to attend a personal interview at a visa office, you should not schedule medical exam until you have received your interview notice."

So far I did not receive any note for interview but worried what if I get one few days/ months later after my medicals. I do not want my Medical to expire (which usually does in a year). Any thoughts on this guys?
This is a very common warning. If you didn't get your interview request, you are fine. Just find Doctor and send reports to Ottawa ASAP.

dipulata

Sep 30, 2008
hi,

Can anyone tell me how do I inform Alberta about the change in visa status (after applying for CIC). Do I just email them? do i need to inform cic also?

yrinaldy

Star Member
Sep 26, 2008
Use the PN Status Update form to inform Alberta.

dipulata said:
hi,

Can anyone tell me how do I inform Alberta about the change in visa status (after applying for CIC). Do I just email them? do i need to inform cic also?

venky321

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
26-05-2016
Sent in my CIC application today. Hoping for the best.

dipulata

Sep 30, 2008
hi albertagovernor,

can u tell me what happens if my visa status is changed from h1 after receiving pnp nomination and after applying for cic. what do i need to do. how do i let alberta or cic know about the change. do i just email them explaining my situation?

venky321

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
26-05-2016
Congratulations!

Are you the first to get the PPR ? Looks like the entire CIC process took 5 months for you.

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
razbeen said:
Hi all,

i got my PPR from CHC-NY yesterday and here is my timeline:

http://www.trackitt.com/member/razbeen
congrats razbeen you might be one of the earliest to recieve pr !
where are u planning to land ?

razbeen

Nov 18, 2008
thanx evrybody 4 the good wishes!.....yes it took almost 5 months for cic process.....i do believe that because i sent the PCC's without CHC-NY asking for it, was like reminder for CHC to look up my file, which helped me in saving some time......the reason i decided to take this step on my own was that this seemed to be the pattern from all the forums that i was following.....

i plan to move to edmonton or calgary (will finalize after looking around in person upon landing).....i am going to india for a longtime overdue vacation, b4 landing in canada.......but shall keep u all updated!

brightstar

Mar 4, 2009
Hello Everyone
I have applied under the strategic stream AINP (H1 b Holder)on the 19th march 2009 and got an email from them requiring job letter etc which was mailed on 29th april. I am now awaiting the Approval. I have a few questions to ask to figure out the time line .
1) Can I apply to CIC before I get an approval from AINP to be on the safe side ? If yes what will be the consequences of the same ? Or how will this help ?
2) Can I start working on getting my medicals and PCC and FBI etc rite now to save time ? So that when I do Get my approval I am ready with the Documents ? Or is it a mandatory requirement that after you apply to the CIC they will give you a date after which you have to get your medicals and PCC`s .....
Please help me .......