+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (H1B Holders) CIC Process

Mike053

Feb 9, 2009
dipulata said:
I'm making a money order to pay application fee of $550 canadian dollar which 492.25 u.s dollars. I am paying it in U.S dollar. but what happens if the currency fluctuates. will there be a problem? how to solve it.
you need to see the cic buffalo website what they want. you cant do your own conversion

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
dipulata said:
I'm making a money order to pay application fee of $550 canadian dollar which 492.25 u.s dollars. I am paying it in U.S dollar. but what happens if the currency fluctuates. will there be a problem? how to solve it.
here are the links to pay exact fee at buffalo in US dollars:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/fees-frais_buffalo.aspx
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/fees_frais_usd.aspx?lang=eng

You need to pay $465 per applicant.

dipulata

Sep 30, 2008
Dnataraj and mike thanks for the reply. The link you send says to pay u.s dollar $465 if SKILLED WORKER (including PROVINCIAL NOMINEES) - PRINCIPAL APPLICANT
but as of today 465 dollar is equivalent to 518.84 canadian dollar in the market

so it is less than 550 canadian dollar as asked in my nomination letter. so which one is correct. what to do?

Mike053

Feb 9, 2009
dipulata said:
Dnataraj and mike thanks for the reply. The link you send says to pay u.s dollar $465 if SKILLED WORKER (including PROVINCIAL NOMINEES) - PRINCIPAL APPLICANT
but as of today 465 dollar is equivalent to 518.84 canadian dollar in the market

so it is less than 550 canadian dollar as asked in my nomination letter. so which one is correct. what to do?
do whatever is written on website. you will be fine.

Jay007

Star Member
Nov 15, 2008
Hello Finedude32,

RCMP means Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/

did they ask for RCMP clearence?

findude32 said:
Thanks whoever answered me. I checked my ecas, and it says "In process"...
The gap is only for 3 months in 2002 and still they didn't mention the 9 months gap which I was expecting they would ask.

Here is the latest..... Today I got another letter from buffalo NY, and it says at this point no interview needed but they have right to call for an interview in future. They are asking state PCC and landing fee at this point.

Does anyone know what is RCMP stands for?
Thank you once again!
.f.

dipulata

Sep 30, 2008
hello friends,

what happens if someone's status is changed from h1 to f1 after receiving pnp nomination but before applying to CIC?

dipen

Star Member
Nov 4, 2008
one question to the seniors,

on form IMM008 (generic) page 2 of 2 where it ask for details of family members. I am the only applicant and I am unmarried and no children so do I just type N/A, N/A, N/A under family member's name or do I have to give my mom's dad's and sibling's name.

I am not that clear but reading at it it looks like it is only asking for spouse , dependent childrens or common law partners name if applicable. Am i right? I'll really appreciate any informations. thank you

yofeihong

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
Hi Dipulata ,
did u apply for AinP under new process after or prior to Feb 19 09?
According to me, If you applied it prior to Feb 19 , you were fine.
But If you have applied for AINP after 19, you should have read twice what is the requirement!!
" You should maintain H1B until the decision made."
However, give it a try...
You may have your luck !!
Yo

dipulata said:
hello friends,

what happens if someone's status is changed from h1 to f1 after receiving pnp nomination but before applying to CIC?

dipulata

Sep 30, 2008
yofeihong, thanx for the reply but my question is what happens if someone's status is changed AFTER RECEIVING PNP NOMINATION
I mean PNP nomination is already received but havent applied to cic yet in the mean time loose H1 status

does it affect in CIC's decision.

yofeihong said:
Hi Dipulata ,
But If you have applied for AINP after 19, you should have read twice what is the requirement!!
Yo

dipulata said:
hello friends,

venky321

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
26-05-2016
Regarding the IMM 0008 Generic form, says that it needs to be signed and completed by applicant. But I see no place on the form where it can be signed. Anyone else noticed this?

A

Albertagoverner

venky321 said:
Regarding the IMM 0008 Generic form, says that it needs to be signed and completed by applicant. But I see no place on the form where it can be signed. Anyone else noticed this?
This form IMM 0008 gen doesn't need signature.

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
dipulata said:
yofeihong, thanx for the reply but my question is what happens if someone's status is changed AFTER RECEIVING PNP NOMINATION
I mean PNP nomination is already received but havent applied to cic yet in the mean time loose H1 status

this is a gray area.
in this forum, there are no reported cases with this scenario. as of now, only ainp has a condition that h1 status be maintained until nomination is granted. as far as i know, cic does not have any such requirement. however, imo, there is nothing stopping cic from rejecting any application that does not fulfill the conditions under which nomination was made.
there is not enough data to definitely make any conclusions.

yrinaldy

Star Member
Sep 26, 2008
dipulata:

I have changed my status from h1b to F1. I did it after I received my AINP nomination and sent application to CIC. I only inform AINP since they require to do so. As for CIC, I did not (or at least, have not) informed them yet since no requirement to contact them other than address change.

I can choose to go to my home country as others have chosen but I prefer to stay here and wait for the process.

Hope this helps.

dipulata said:

yofeihong said:
Hi Dipulata ,
Yo

dipulata said:
hello friends,

yofeihong

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
Hello Man....

If you have applied for AINP before feb 19 09 , and have received the nomination while you were on F-1..., You would be ok
The chance to get PR after receiving the nomination will be 85 %.... 15 % is assessed on your criminal background, medical etc
Yo

dipulata said:

yofeihong said:
Hi Dipulata ,
Yo

dipulata said:
hello friends,

agrisiva

Nov 8, 2008
Medical Tests & Personal Interviews

Did any of you get a request for personal interviews in addition to Medicals???

In the medical test papers that I received, there is a Warning Message stating that "if you are notified that you will be required to attend a personal interview at a visa office, you should not schedule medical exam until you have received your interview notice."

So far I did not receive any note for interview but worried what if I get one few days/ months later after my medicals. I do not want my Medical to expire (which usually does in a year). Any thoughts on this guys?