+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Accelerated Tech Path Way PR Timelines -2023

TorresLino

Mar 20, 2024
No, this is not LMIA requirement. This is a requirement where they want to validate the job offer through certain criteria, this applies to candidates who are not already working for the Alberta employer on a WP. Check this page. Refer Documents required for Candidate’s Alberta Job Offer and Employment Requirements
  1. Looks like Employer form is required going forward.
  2. Also refer this section - Recruitment activities.
  3. A few CRA docs are also required in some cases.
https://www.alberta.ca/system/files/custom_downloaded_images/lbr-aaip-express-entry-stream-checklist.pdf - Read this completely.

This is similar to some of the non-LMIA job offer streams available in Ontario.
Thanks! I'm glad they put this info in a page that is easier to access.

Reactions: SaranyaMadhusudhan

Mymz

Mar 19, 2024
No, this is not LMIA requirement. This is a requirement where they want to validate the job offer through certain criteria, this applies to candidates who are not already working for the Alberta employer on a WP. Check this page. Refer Documents required for Candidate’s Alberta Job Offer and Employment Requirements
https://www.alberta.ca/system/files/custom_downloaded_images/lbr-aaip-express-entry-stream-checklist.pdf - Read this completely.

Hi,
So I just saw the updated checklist and I would like to kindly ask you to clarify this statement of yours "This is a requirement where they want to validate the job offer through certain criteria, this applies to candidates who are not already working for the Alberta employer on a WP".

I am currently in Canada, completed a 2-year MSc degree here in Alberta, have my PGWP, and got a job offer from an Alberta employer but have not started working for my Alberta employer. My resumption date is next month.
Does the above statement apply to me too?

SaranyaMadhusudhan

Star Member
Dec 14, 2023
Hi,
So I just saw the updated checklist and I would like to kindly ask you to clarify this statement of yours "This is a requirement where they want to validate the job offer through certain criteria, this applies to candidates who are not already working for the Alberta employer on a WP".

I am currently in Canada, completed a 2-year MSc degree here in Alberta, have my PGWP, and got a job offer from an Alberta employer but have not started working for my Alberta employer. My resumption date is next month.
Does the above statement apply to me too?
As per the document checklist's Recruitment activities section, you need to submit docs related to this recruitment activity by the employer.

If someone else who is applying through a consultant can confirm these things, it would be of great help to others.

GingerAle07

Sep 13, 2021
I think the difficulty is asking the employer to give you CRA docs and business lease to support application. Some employers are not willing to do that which makes this stream stricter, for OINP they don't ask the employer to provide it to you, only submit directly to them if requested.

SaranyaMadhusudhan

Star Member
Dec 14, 2023
I think the difficulty is asking the employer to give you CRA docs and business lease to support application. Some employers are not willing to do that which makes this stream stricter, for OINP they don't ask the employer to provide it to you, only submit directly to them if requested.
Agreed.

And about the new changes to AAIP, it will be helpful if somebody can ask their consultant and confirm whether applicants need to submit these employer related docs.

Note - The Employer form for OINP asks details about CRA and the business. The employer of one of my friends in Ontario denied providing CRA ID and stuff. It was sad.

simu.g

Jan 30, 2024
Hi, I have applied for tech pathway in Dec and am waiting for the nomination but the only problem is my work permit expires in April I am very confused as to what I should do next I am hopeful that I should be receiving a call any day now but it’s very frustrating because of my limited time that I have left on my work permit plus if it gets expired and I’m not on an implied status I won’t be able to continue my job… any suggestions anyone ?

Zakcan23

Feb 12, 2024
Hello All, I submitted my Tech Application after receiving NOI on 7th March but after a week it was my birthday and due to my age lost 10 points in the CRS although it is still well above the requirement of 300 CRS. Do i need to do any update again in the AAIP tech application?. Please if anyone can support on this issue will be highly appreciable.

SaranyaMadhusudhan

Star Member
Dec 14, 2023
Hello All, I submitted my Tech Application after receiving NOI on 7th March but after a week it was my birthday and due to my age lost 10 points in the CRS although it is still well above the requirement of 300 CRS. Do i need to do any update again in the AAIP tech application?. Please if anyone can support on this issue will be highly appreciable.
No update needed from your end.

SaranyaMadhusudhan

Star Member
Dec 14, 2023
Hi, I have applied for tech pathway in Dec and am waiting for the nomination but the only problem is my work permit expires in April I am very confused as to what I should do next I am hopeful that I should be receiving a call any day now but it’s very frustrating because of my limited time that I have left on my work permit plus if it gets expired and I’m not on an implied status I won’t be able to continue my job… any suggestions anyone ?
As far as I have researched, there is no way to extend your WP while waiting for PNP.

The only thing you can do is stay legally in Canada as a visitor after your WP expires and you get PNP (get a visitor visa if you don't have one already). Once you get PNP, you will get a 204c letter from Alberta that you can use to get a new WP.

I wish you get the PNP before WP expires.

Reactions: simu.g

Freelancer10

Feb 1, 2024

Does this apply to applications submitted before March 18? The required documents are a bit complicated, including the business license, lease contract, and financial documents.

dahal1

Apr 7, 2018
Visa Office......
Canada
NEW UPDATE:

The following numbers are accurate as of March 18, 2024.
AAIP StreamNumber of applications in the queue (approximate)Processing time (estimated average) – from when a complete application is submitted until a final decision is issuedThe AAIP is assessing applications received before… (approximate)
Alberta Opportunity StreamApproximately 4,731Approximately 6 monthsSeptember 27, 2023
Alberta Express Entry Stream – All pathwaysApproximately 958Dedicated Healthcare Pathway - Approximately 2 weeksFebruary 13, 2024
Priority Sectors – approximately 4 monthsDecember 2, 2023
Accelerated Tech Pathway – approximately 6 monthsOctober 31, 2023
Family Connection and In-Demand Occupation – approximately 4 months November 29, 2023
Rural Renewal StreamApproximately 1,643Approximately 6 monthsOctober 19, 2023
Tourism and Hospitality StreamApproximately 368Approximately 1 month or lessMarch 1, 2024

dahal1

Apr 7, 2018
Visa Office......
Canada
When did you apply in december??
I applied at dec 17 but the status is still submitted....
Very stressed by the late decisions

SaranyaMadhusudhan

Star Member
Dec 14, 2023
Does this apply to applications submitted before March 18? The required documents are a bit complicated, including the business license, lease contract, and financial documents.
When you say "applications submitted", do you mean tech pathway application after receiving NOI or the form that you submitted for EOI?

If it is EOI, then once you receive the NOI, just fill in all details in your application and check the documents to be uploaded in the last screen for any employer related stuff.

If you have already submitted tech pathway application, then you are good. No need to worry about these additional docs.

P.S. - One of my colleagues who is yet to submit the final application, does not see any additional docs to be submitted as per the new changes. In fact, he is still asked to submit the company information which was part of old checklist and not present in the new checklist anymore. This tells us that the applicants who received NOI already may not be required to submit additional docs (emphasis on "may not" as it is not clear as of now and all we are doing is speculating) or the portal is not updated yet with the upload sections for new docs. We will get to know about these documents only after someone sees them in the upload section of their application.

Last edited: