+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Accelerated Tech Path Way PR Timelines -2023

Mymz

Mar 19, 2024
Hi everyone,

Please I have a question;
- I have gotten NOI for Alberta Tech pathway and now preparing my documents.​
- I see "Employment reference letter(s) from current employment" as a requirement but I have not started working for my new Canadian employer. My resumption date is next month.​
- Do I still need to provide a reference letter from them? Or can I skip this?

Please does anyone have a similar experience? How did you deal with this?​

soniadevi123

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
Hi everyone,

- I see "Employment reference letter(s) from current employment" as a requirement but I have not started working for my new Canadian employer. My resumption date is next month.​
- Do I still need to provide a reference letter from them? Or can I skip this?

I think you can mention starting your starting date on reference letter with all duties and salary

M6066

Aug 1, 2021
Hi everyone,

- Do I still need to provide a reference letter from them? Or can I skip this?​
Hi , can I know how long it took for you to get NOI after applying Expression of interest?
Thanks.

SaranyaMadhusudhan

Star Member
Dec 14, 2023
Hi everyone,

- Do I still need to provide a reference letter from them? Or can I skip this?​
This letter is mandatory as the pathway is based on this employment. "Already working" is not a necessity, you just need a job offer. Just get a letter from your employer with all the details mentioned here along with start date - https://www.alberta.ca/system/files/custom_downloaded_images/lbr-aaip-express-entry-stream-checklist.pdf
-refer Employment reference letter(s) section.

Mymz

Mar 19, 2024
This letter is mandatory as the pathway is based on this employment. "Already working" is not a necessity, you just need a job offer. Just get a letter from your employer with all the details mentioned here along with start date - https://www.alberta.ca/system/files/custom_downloaded_images/lbr-aaip-express-entry-stream-checklist.pdf
-refer Employment reference letter(s) section.
Hi, thanks for your response.

So I have a job offer with all the details in the checklist. Thus my question was, do I still need a "reference letter" from this new company in addition to the job offer?
An employment reference letter shows you were employed and/or are still employed. So a start date has already commenced.
Mine hasn't. That's why I'm asking if the reference letter is also required in addition to the offer letter.
Hopefully I have clarified my situation.

Thanks again for your response.

SaranyaMadhusudhan

Star Member
Dec 14, 2023
Hi, thanks for your response.

So I have a job offer with all the details in the checklist. Thus my question was, do I still need a "reference letter" from this new company in addition to the job offer?
An employment reference letter shows you were employed and/or are still employed. So a start date has already commenced.
Mine hasn't. That's why I'm asking if the reference letter is also required in addition to the offer letter.
Hopefully I have clarified my situation.

Thanks again for your response.
The checklist does say this - You may also upload your employment contract(s) or job offer letter(s) that include this information.

So you must be good if all the details are present in the offer letter. But it is better to get a letter from the employer again just to be safe.

Oh yeah, I forgot. The reference letter will contain NOC. So it is better to get this and submit.

Mymz

Mar 19, 2024
The checklist does say this - You may also upload your employment contract(s) or job offer letter(s) that include this information.

So you must be good if all the details are present in the offer letter. But it is better to get a letter from the employer again just to be safe.

Oh yeah, I forgot. The reference letter will contain NOC. So it is better to get this and submit.
Ok, I'll just get one.
Your last line says the reference letter should have NOC?
Does this mean all reference letters from previous employers should also have NOC or just the one with my new employer?

SaranyaMadhusudhan

Star Member
Dec 14, 2023
Ok, I'll just get one.
Your last line says the reference letter should have NOC?
Does this mean all reference letters from previous employers should also have NOC or just the one with my new employer?
The new employer is here in Canada, they must be knowing about NOC, but not the out of country employers. If your previous employers are from here, then ask them to mention the NOC in the letter, the one you mentioned in your profile. Otherwise, it is fine.

Mymz

Mar 19, 2024
The new employer is here in Canada, they must be knowing about NOC, but not the out of country employers. If your previous employers are from here, then ask them to mention the NOC in the letter, the one you mentioned in your profile. Otherwise, it is fine.
Ok, noted.
Thank you very much, this is very helpful.
I appreciate your time.

Reactions: SaranyaMadhusudhan

TorresLino

Mar 20, 2024
Hey, I noticed they added a new page in the AAIP website detailing the job offer requirements (https://www.alberta.ca/alberta-job-offer-and-employment-requirements). Are they basically requiring an LMIA for the job offers going forward?
  • demonstrate the need for the position, by providing:
    • a valid work permit issued under the federal Temporary Foreign Worker or International Mobility programs, or
    • evidence the employer made reasonable efforts to fill the position with a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, as demonstrated by recruitment outcomes (federal recruitment and advertising requirements of the Temporary Foreign Worker Program will be used as a broad guideline when a nominee applicant is not already living and working in Alberta), or as pre-existing stream or pathway criteria already stipulates.

SaranyaMadhusudhan

Star Member
Dec 14, 2023
Hey, I noticed they added a new page in the AAIP website detailing the job offer requirements (https://www.alberta.ca/alberta-job-offer-and-employment-requirements). Are they basically requiring an LMIA for the job offers going forward?
No, this is not LMIA requirement. This is a requirement where they want to validate the job offer through certain criteria, this applies to candidates who are not already working for the Alberta employer on a WP. Check this page. Refer Documents required for Candidate’s Alberta Job Offer and Employment Requirements
  1. Looks like Employer form is required going forward.
  2. Also refer this section - Recruitment activities.
  3. A few CRA docs are also required in some cases.
https://www.alberta.ca/system/files/custom_downloaded_images/lbr-aaip-express-entry-stream-checklist.pdf - Read this completely.

This is similar to some of the non-LMIA job offer streams available in Ontario.